Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former Florida A&M Player Killed by Police

CRYSiiSx2

Following an automobile crash and subsequent attempt to call for help, former Florida A&M University football player Jonathan A. Ferrell was shot and killed by a Charlotte-Mecklenburg, N.C., police officer on Saturday morning, according to the Associated Press via USA Today.

Sad story, charged with voluntary manslaughter... I guess if you wear a badge you immune from being charged with MURDER.

http://bleacherrepor...amming-national

Edited by CRYSiiSx2
  • Like 1

Murder indicates that it was premeditated.

I'm not defending him, as I think he acted horrendously.

Voluntary Manslaughter seems more fitting to the facts.

It is a sad story, however, I'll agree to that.

• Like 2

Only a Aggie would be stupid enough to charge a armed cop.... :whistle:

Edited by Burt Gummer

Only a Aggie would be stupid enough to charge a armed cop.... :whistle:

Was that a failed attempt at a sports reference? Texas A&M are the Aggies...

Was that a failed attempt at a sports reference? Texas A&M are the Aggies...

And was that attempt to act like a d!ck?

Even if you attend a A&M university in Florida, in my eyes your an Aggie....

• Like 1

The guy was looking for help ... the lady and the cops were paranoid and misinterpreted his actions ... 10 shots !?

• Like 1

The guy was looking for help ... the lady and the cops were paranoid and misinterpreted his actions ... 10 shots !?

Or they were racist.

Would this event have turned out differently if it had been a white person seeking help?

• Like 1

Or they were racist.

Would this event have turned out differently if it had been a white person seeking help?

.. ya, that seems likely .

• Like 1

For once I agree with overkill here. Tasers are a wonderfull thing in this case. Bt only if you actually know how to use one.

Edited by DecoNoir
  • Like 2

I don't think the lady was paranoid at all. Her 911 call indicates that she was freaked out because it sounded like this dude was trying to break down her door. It's 2 am in the morning, and she was asleep. She was panicky, but not paranoid. But I think her reaction is completely understandable.

• Like 1

I don't think the lady was paranoid at all. Her 911 call indicates that she was freaked out because it sounded like this dude was trying to break down her door. It's 2 am in the morning, and she was asleep. She was panicky, but not paranoid. But I think her reaction is completely understandable.

I completely agree with you. But, the cops reaction leaves a lot to be desired. When in doubt empty the clip? a little excessive IMHO.

But we will never learn the full details of this one. the cops whole story sounds really fishy in my opinion unless Ferrell had some serious stuff in his veins.

• Like 1

Or they were racist.

Why does everything have to turn into a white person being racist?

• Like 1

Why does everything have to turn into a white person being racist?

Well it is a very significant aspect of every society. We judge people by a lot of factors including the color of their skin.

• Like 1

Oh? You really had no clue when you posted this that race would be brought up? I for one, don't believe that.

an unarmed black man shot by a white cop, it would be very unususal if race was not broght up.

Edited by aztek

Well **** some dude looking hurt knocking on my door... I don't care what color he is the poor b****** obviously needs some help, not a bullet.

• Like 3

Well **** some dude looking hurt knocking on my door... I don't care what color he is the poor b****** obviously needs some help, not a bullet.

Unfortunately not everyone sees it that way.

Big black man=scary, murdering rapist

• Like 1

And was that attempt to act like a d!ck?

Even if you attend a A&M university in Florida, in my eyes your an Aggie....

Well to everyone around here (Tallahassee, Fl., home of FAMU) they are Rattlers. Strike, Strike, and Strike again!

• Like 1

Or they were racist.

But, but, racism doesn't exist in America anymore...