Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese man turns green - ate too many snails

seeder

A 24-year-old man was hospitalised in Guizhou province, China, after he ate too many river-snails too frequently and turned green as a result.

According to WantChinaTimes.com, he turned green because of a parasitic infection in his liver. The Chinese Center for Disease Control reportedly confirmed that he was infected by parasitic flatworms that live in animal livers.

The parasite apparently entered his body because he was eating river snails on a daily basis, news sources from the provincial capital of Guiyang reported.

http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/chinese-man-turns-green-after-eating-too-many-river-snails

• Like 2

The worst food poisoning I've ever had was from eating snails in black bean sauce.

Sounds like he was eating them raw though.

gross

• Like 2

Just the thought of eating a snail makes me feel a bit *green*. a015.gif

Its an aquired taste .there's an art to eating them .they were delicious in black bean sauce ,but it was the worst food poisoning ever.This was.....easily 20 years ago .

I've never touched another one .

i love to eat snails...its a very well apreciated plate...

i can easily eat fifty and drink a pepsi....

sorry for the bad english

ín Portugal by the way...

• Like 1

i love to eat snails...its a very well apreciated plate...

i can easily eat fifty and drink a pepsi....

sorry for the bad english

ín Portugal by the way...

sounds like a heart attack portion! Mind you, having certified clean snails cooked in garlic butter or whatever, is a world away from munching on things you find in muddy rivers, with who knows what pollution

He should have cooked the snails properly especially when they are bottom feeders. I would keep them for a week or more and feed them a clean diet before eating them. You never know what they have been eating.

Good thing it wasn't jaundice, otherwise the author would've had a hard time coming up with a title for the article.

I knew there was a joke in there someplace....You certainly found it!

Snails are ok, but they kind of taste like dirt smells, or they have so much garlic piled on them you can't taste them.

For mollusks, give me squid any day, followed by clams and oysters.

For snails, I'll take fresh conch! Mmmmmm! Now there's a snail!

I'm sorry, but just looking at that plate of snails made me turn green.

• Like 1

I didn't realize snails had to be cleaned before you cook them. The only snail-type of food I've eaten is conch fritters years ago. Never had escargot.

sounds like a heart attack portion! Mind you, having certified clean snails cooked in garlic butter or whatever, is a world away from munching on things you find in muddy rivers, with who knows what pollution

:w00t:

what? you got me all wrong,..it was just an answer to whoever was disgusted about eating snails...

in my country ( Portugal) its tradition...just that...