Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Shape-shifting' UFO filmed over Belfast

UM-Bot

A family in Northern Ireland have filmed a strange object in the skies over the capital this week.

Footage of the object has gone viral since appearing on YouTube a few days ago. According to the video caption, the object, which seems to gradually change shape, was traveling in a westerly direction behind Cavehill which overlooks the city of Belfast.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/254868/shape-shifting-ufo-filmed-over-belfast

A family in Northern Ireland have filmed a strange object in the skies over the capital this week.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ed-over-belfast

Whatever it is, conveniently drifts in and out of focus. Similar to a blurry kite minding its own business. The shapeshifting must of happened as an afterthought as there is no evidence this is an animate object.

• Like 2

I'm guessing kids helium animal balloon. First i thought could be some guy on a jet pack, but as I know the jet pack can fly for 30 to 60 sec

Edited by diablo_04
  • Like 2

And I must ad there is no shape shifting the "object" is just rotated by the wind.

• Like 3

hehe just google up 'flying humanoid' for similar worldwide pics :lol:

Not that I believe it is. Most likely something like a trash bag/tarp or balloon. I also have a big issue with anything claiming to shapeshift. I mean the phrase 'shapeshift' literally implies something like a plastic bag doesn't it?

• Like 2

I'm guessing kids helium balloon. First i thought could be some guy on a jet pack, but the as i know the jet pack can fly for 30 to 60 sec

Not any more, a new jetpack has been developed that can go over a kilometer high, and fly for some time. And its to be released to the PUBLIC so anyone with the money can have one!!

more vids

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=254799&hl=

• Like 2

Come on people! It's a large black bin liner filled with gas - the latest fad in Belfast these days. Shapeshifting UFO indeed. :no:

• Like 1

Not any more, a new jetpack has been developed that can go over a kilometer high, and fly for some time. And its to be released to the PUBLIC so anyone with the money can have one!!

more vids

http://www.unexplain...opic=254799&hl=

Beat me to it Seeder, I just read that thread before reading this one.

I was also disapointed at the lack of shape-shifting. <_<

• Like 4

Why oh why oh why does nobody video this stuff for like 30 seconds and then MOVE CLOSER to it? I mean, jump in the car, drive a couple of miles closer, if its still there video it again for a minute with much clearer detail (and hopefully explanation) and then if some doubt still, jump back in the car and move closer yet again!!!! EVERYTHING can look unusual from a massive distance, but the reality is that it could be anything from a kite in the shape of a snake, to a balloon advertising the opening of a new pet store, to some camera crew using a new state of the art photography drone! All of which can be explained away if people stop thinking "got to film aliens for 20 mins" and just filmed them for 1 minute then GOT CLOSER to it!!!

• Like 3

Whatever it is it shot out of nowhere then reappeared so to say some gibberish about a balloon is crazy.I would like to see what it is but I have seen this before on the net but somewhere different.As always some skeptic trying to pinpont and cast it out but I'm used to the non believers so it's whatever.Hopefully the mystery will be solved right???? Yea right just like the crash at roswell was a ballon ,I'm done for today.

Edited by slaughtr

FINALLY!!! so far, all i got is a t-shirt hat has a jet pack printed on its back! :D

• Like 2

looks like a flying seahorse

• Like 2

whoever has a bigger screen than me:

around 1:23, after the person filming gets over his seizure attack, it appears like something is blinking in and immediately out again. Then, he pans to the right, and the before seen object reappears.

is it moving location über-quickly? or is this a glitch made by a poor video quality and my s***ty monitor?

if nobody else of you sees that, it means two things:

a ) i'm too tired for this now and

b ) somewhere, not too far away from where this was recorded, you can hear the faint cry of a little child who's birthday balloon was taken by the wind.....

Edited by Jacques Terreur
  • Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

more vids

http://www.unexplain...opic=254799&hl=

Easily debunked. It uses a 2 litre V4 engine and you would hear the thing a thousand miles away.

Plus what is it's shape shifting ability like? Has he mastered that yet?

Back to the real world:

These objects are seen all over the world. Try reading the comments of people who see them:

Here's another 'jet pack'

looks like a flying seahorse

Quite a few of these sightings have the seahorse shape.

Back to the real world:

ok then! Take a look at this one. you gotta bear with it a bit, but right at 1:22 you get a glimpse at the balloon up high. Look at its shape and look at the plastic being "shape shifted" by the wind and tell me it's not even a remote possibility it's rather a balloon.

• Like 1

Come on people! It's a large black bin liner filled with gas - the latest fad in Belfast these days. Shapeshifting UFO indeed. :no:

That is so NOT a black binliner! :lol: A binliner wouldn't hold a shape like that.

I think it looks like a person with a jetpack, but a different, more compact design to the Kiwi one.

Edited by ouija ouija

I agree that it's either a single, shaped balloon or a series of balloons tied or taped together.

And like someone here said, the so-called shape-shifting also appears to me nothing more than it's rotation in the wind.

• Like 1

Easily debunked. It uses a 2 litre V4 engine and you would hear the thing a thousand miles away.

Another gross exaggeration from Zoser. You cant even hear a chopper, a couple miles away, depending on the conditions. This thing is just a big set of fans....

Youtube has an enchancement program that will reduce that shaking.

and youtube tends to ask you, when you upload a vid, to do just that.

Ive upped a few vids to youtube in my time, and it seems to sense the camera shake (somehow) and then offers to fix it. Clever stuff if you ask me

typos

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1