Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Triangular UFO I Saw

StarMountainKid

One night bout a month or so ago, a friend and I were standing in my yard talking. I looked up and saw three white lights equidistant from each other moving slowly across the sky in an Easterly direction.

I'd never seen anything like that before, so I alerted my friend to look. The three lights kept their position relative to each other as they moved slowly across the sky about halfway between the zenith and the horizon. I would say it took about a minute for the lights to disappear low in the sky behind some trees close to the horizon.

Whatever it was, it made no sound. It couldn't have been an airplane. There is a local airport about three miles from my house, and I have observed many small airplanes flying over head at night through the years, and no matter their altitude, they all fly faster than this and they all can be heard.

It wasn't a helicopter, because there is a helicopter landing pad about a mile from my house, and helicopters fly around here all the time (paramedic helicopters). I know what a helicopter looks like at night.

I can't compute the altitude of the lights, but they seemed low enough that if it had been an aircraft I'm sure I would have heard its engine(s).

I made this image, the lights were about this size as seen from my yard.

So, what did I and my friend see?

post-50472-0-20382700-1379606580_thumb.j

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• StarMountainKid

• Merc14

• seeder

One night bout a month or so ago, a friend and I were standing in my yard talking. I looked up and saw three white lights equidistant from each other moving slowly across the sky in an Easterly direction.

I'd never seen anything like that before, so I alerted my friend to look. The three lights kept their position relative to each other as they moved slowly across the sky about halfway between the zenith and the horizon. I would say it took about a minute for the lights to disappear low in the sky behind some trees close to the horizon.

Whatever it was, it made no sound. It couldn't have been an airplane. There is a local airport about three miles from my house, and I have observed many small airplanes flying over head at night through the years, and no matter their altitude, they all fly faster than this and they all can be heard.

It wasn't a helicopter, because there is a helicopter landing pad about a mile from my house, and helicopters fly around here all the time (paramedic helicopters). I know what a helicopter looks like at night.

I can't compute the altitude of the lights, but they seemed low enough that if it had been an aircraft I'm sure I would have heard its engine(s).

NOSS Triple Satellite

NOSS-Trio.jpg

Nibs

• Like 6

well Chinese lanterns often are seen in a co-incidental formation... (see 3 lights in the sky from differing angles and 'you have' to see some sort of formation)

heres some pics

0e1b873f9b54cd53daec43eae0146b92.jpg?itok=ujj-tQEo

UFO%252C+UFOs%252C+mufon%252C+sighting%252C+sightings%252C+report%252C+orb%252C+orbs%252C+probe%252C+probes%252C+triangle%252C+formation%252C+september%252C+2011%252C+11%252C+aliens%252C+ET%252C+alien%252C+Michigan%252C+USA%252C+lake%252C+destination+truth%252C+paranormal%252C+odd%252C+strange%252C+area+51%252C+area+s4%252C+nsa%252C+nasa%252C+cia%252C+top+secret1.png

Edited by seeder

Wasn't aware of these. Thanks!

me either !!

• Like 1

Could explain a few of the tringular lights in the sky sightings. The photo hernibs posted resembles many of the photos we have all seen over the years.

Edited by Merc14

i fumbled with the photo a bit, no serious 'shopping, only enhancing the lights in one occasion and putting a relief effect over it in another.

All i can say: it's not triangular, but clearly a formation. But of what?

post-12575-0-96382400-1379685196_thumb.j