Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catholic Church could fall

questionmark

Pope Francis has declared himself a "sinner" and says the Catholic Church will “fall like a house of cards” unless it is able to focus more on the “essentials” of preaching the Gospel and less on politics and bureaucracy.

In an unprecedented 10,000 word interview, the Argentinean Pope, who has established a reputation for directness and humility since being elected six months ago, said he was determined to reform the Church but said it had become “obsessed” with issues such as gay marriage, abortion and contraception.

And in another characteristically startling admission he declared himself a sinner.

"This is the most accurate definition,” he said, when asked what sort of a man he was. “It is not a figure of speech, a literary genre. I am a sinner.”

Read more

• Like 1

Welp they can start by dissolving the Vatican pedophile rings...

• Like 3

This pope is getting my respect. He is doing the right things to move this stodgy old relgion into the modern times.

I am not Catholic and do not judge those who are. I respect anyone who tries to help mankind fulfill Christ's commission. This man is very decidedly of a different mold. I'm beginning to fear for him a bit. If ever there was any truth to the CT's about dark inner circles in this faith then he is in a LOT of trouble. If not...well then the rest of the bureaucrats in this institution are beginning to (in the words of an old joke) sweat like a whore in church. I hope that wasn't too offensive for anyone - wasn't meant to offend.
  • Like 3

This pope is getting my respect. He is doing the right things to move this stodgy old relgion into the modern times.

I wonder if he really is doing the right things or simply saying what people want to hear so that they will feel more warmly towards the church ...... be more tolerant of the corruption, thinking 'Oh, the new fella is going to sort it all out!'. The new fella might well be genuine but unless all the others are supporting him nothng will change.

• Like 2

I wonder if he really is doing the right things or simply saying what people want to hear so that they will feel more warmly towards the church ...... be more tolerant of the corruption, thinking 'Oh, the new fella is going to sort it all out!'. The new fella might well be genuine but unless all the others are supporting him nothng will change.

Even as archbishop he was not any different than he is now. Guess after the last one resigned they got scared into electing somebody capable of overhauling that organization stiffened in the dust of centuries.

• Like 1

I hope he does come down hard on the pedophiles in the church.

If his underlings don't go along with his plan nothing will change except the pope.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for them to become a "poor church for the poor".

That has been tried some 2000 years ago, and they did not like it :innocent:

That has been tried some 2000 years ago, and they did not like it :innocent:

I know. :lol:

I wouldn't bet my house on it, but I think it likely that in a couple or 6 months, Franky will be uttering some other palatable sound-bite which will get everyone buzzing and make them forget about what he said today. He's a very capable politician, but I don't see him as a 'reformer'. I'd be happily surprised to be proven wrong, however.

I must admit mixed feeling about the Pontiff. On the one hand he seems to be a sincere and humble man, who does not want all the trappings that one normally associates with a Pope. On the other some of his statements regarding God and other subjects make me question how grounded he is in the Bible. Though not a Catholic, I am quite familiar with much of their doctrine and find some major disagreements between what they believe and what Scripture teaches. Being sincere is not always enough: one can be sincerely wrong. While somewhat benign today, Roman Catholicism has been responsible for the deaths of multiple thousands of martyrs people who claimed to be followers of Jesus Christ, at times the RCC has had more power than the kings of the earth and they still hold sway over close to a billion people.

If I could give any advice to the Pope it would be to get back to the basics of the Bible, because i personally know many Catholics who haven't a clue about what it teaches.

Edited by Sundew

I am not Catholic and do not judge those who are. I respect anyone who tries to help mankind fulfill Christ's commission. This man is very decidedly of a different mold. I'm beginning to fear for him a bit. If ever there was any truth to the CT's about dark inner circles in this faith then he is in a LOT of trouble. If not...well then the rest of the bureaucrats in this institution are beginning to (in the words of an old joke) sweat like a whore in church. I hope that wasn't too offensive for anyone - wasn't meant to offend.

It will break apart in another schizm, or this Pope will not loiter in the vatican much longer, and perhaps both scenarios may occur. I don't have his beliefs, but I respect his honesty, sadly often a dangerous trait in high office.

Looks like they picked a good one for a change. If they listen to him they might just save their faith in the end, but the problems with Catholicism are inherent in all the Abrahamic faiths, intolerance of different faiths and points of view.

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 3

Looks like they picked a good one for a change. If they listen to him they might just save their faith in the end, but the problems with Catholicism are inherent in all the Abrahamic faiths, intolerance of different faiths and points of view.

Agree. As a muslim my pov is that all three abrahamic religions have become more tradition then faith.

I like pope Francis so far. He looks like a humble man. The only equivalent to him in my islamic faith is the bosnian head imam Kavazovic. Also very humble and outspoken and also just recently elected. Sometimes I do see hope, until some jerk crashes it.

I hope he does come down hard on the pedophiles in the church.

If his underlings don't go along with his plan nothing will change except the pope.

I really hope so too...I was trying to find a news article from last year where federal agents found a pedophile ring IN the Vatican - turns out the priests and bishops were actually covering for each other to keep that sick game going :no:

Is it just me or the pope knows something that will happen? Maybe he is trying his best to minimize the casualty.

Not just you, I think he prepares the way for far worse revelations than what we already know. Though I think many already imagine that the corruption includes very senior cardinals, even some previously seen as being suitable to be Pope.

It is about time in my view. He talks to us, the people, he brings out the essential truths, and ask that we not overly focus on certain points that need to be dropped. The world can only change from the bottom up, maybe this man can help that a bit. In any case I am waiting and praying.

Peace

mark

Edited by markdohle

It is about time in my view. He talks to us, the people, he brings out the essential truths, and ask that we not overly focus on certain points that need to be dropped. The world can only change from the bottom up, maybe this man can help that a bit. In any case I am waiting and praying.

Peace

mark

I agree, though I think you should pray for his safety. The ghosts of John-Paul I and Roberto Calvi still linger...

• Like 1

I agree, though I think you should pray for his safety. The ghosts of John-Paul I and Roberto Calvi still linger...

I am. Even though I am a devout catholic, I have no illusions about corruption.

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

If the church is falling they should see a Mason.

• Like 1

On the outside, the Cathlic church does much good in the world. On the inside, it's full of corruption and deceit. If the Cathlic church falls, it will be no suprise to me.

Matthew 12:25 "And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:"

Edited by Ogbin