Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5.3 Earthquake hits Fukushima

Drayno

http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/23477582/53-magnitude-earthquake-hits-japans-fukushima

DENVER (AP) — A 5.3-magnitude earthquake has hit the Japanese prefecture that is home to the nuclear power plant crippled in the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake struck early Friday at a depth of about 13 miles (22 kilometers) under Fukushima Prefecture and about 110 miles (177 kilometers) northeast of Tokyo.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not issue an alert.

• Like 2

I imagine they would know better than to build nuclear reactors in a earthquake / tsunami prone area.

One of the most earthquake / tsunami prone areas on the entire planet. :(

• Like 1

I imagine they would know better than to build nuclear reactors in a earthquake / tsunami prone area.

One of the most earthquake / tsunami prone areas on the entire planet. :(

You would think wouldn't you? :no:

And apparently, some talking heads are telling people that radiation from Fukushima are good for you.... :(

You would think wouldn't you? :no:

And apparently, some talking heads are telling people that radiation from Fukushima are good for you.... :(

That's like sticking a spoon in someone's ear while saying "This will make you hear better."

• Like 1

There have been no consequences for the company that built these reactors, which is General Electric, or the nation which helped construct what amounts to a nuclear resort by the sea.

Who will hold back the angels now summoned to destroy her? She fears no nation on earth, because she has built her foundation on top of the gates of hell.

• Like 1

I would say there's been some serious consequences for Japan, and the rest of the world.

• Like 3

Well, glad nothing happened to the plant. Glad they got the orders to shut down the plant. I think perhaps the earthquake didn't do damage to the plant because it looks like the plant was sort of too far away from the epicenter of the earthquake. I think that might be the same reason why a tsunami warning wasn't issued- the eipcenter was too far on land, and there really wasn't a threat of a tsunami.

There have been no consequences for the company that built these reactors, which is General Electric, or the nation which helped construct what amounts to a nuclear resort by the sea.

Who will hold back the angels now summoned to destroy her? She fears no nation on earth, because she has built her foundation on top of the gates of hell.

They need to accept consequences like BP did. Or at least accept Western help.

I would say there's been some serious consequences for Japan, and the rest of the world.

I agree, you are correct. Only they aren't the kind of consequences that will benefit humanity.

Just a lot of radiated sea water. :(

Well, glad nothing happened to the plant. Glad they got the orders to shut down the plant. I think perhaps the earthquake didn't do damage to the plant because it looks like the plant was sort of too far away from the epicenter of the earthquake. I think that might be the same reason why a tsunami warning wasn't issued- the eipcenter was too far on land, and there really wasn't a threat of a tsunami.

It's really only a matter of time before another tsunami hits and there's a total nuclear meltdown.

They can pour more salt water to cool it down - they can pour all they want, but I won't do anything.

It's a ticking time bomb that could lead to results worse than Chernobyl.

• Like 1

What consequences for GE or the U.S. government, which regulated these devices and their construction?

I have yet to see any.