Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rainbow, Aura or Spirit...

celebenil

I can see this rainbow in my patio when I throw water on the air and the sun is behind me..Sometimes is on the floor around me or in front like a litle rainbow or in front of me like a round circle and it moves everywhere I go...Can someone help me to understant what is this.. ????. Or what is the meaning..

med_gallery_142402_11_818611.jpghttp://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/uploadsgallery/med_gallery_142402_11_818611.jpg

Edited by celebenil

Wha... you're joking right?

Rainbows are just the reflection of light in water droplets.

Edited by Odin11

Not. I'm not joking. If I want to see I just have to go out to the patio in a sunny day throw water on the air and I see it.. Period. It could be that I have my own rainbow .... lol lol... It must be a rational explanation for this... and I know someone has the answer...

How to Make a Rainbow

Mist method

1. Get a water hose. Check that it's a bright sunny day for this method to work.

2. Put your finger over the water hose, thus creating mist.

3. Turn the water hose towards the sun.

4. Continue to try and look hard in to the mist to see the rainbow!

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Rainbow

• Like 1

Well .If that is the explanation try that method on yourself, go out make

Your own rainbow, take some pics and post them in this website. I will be waiting to see them.. All explanations are very welcome........

Really people are not lying to you about how the rainbows are created. You described how to create a rainbow in your post in fact. Several hundred years ago, you would have been a genius for discovering this! :nw: You can get a similar effect shining light into a crystal from what I understand. I have not tried it myself.

Try and post the results. Prove what you say. WE. are waiting to see them. Lol lol

What's wrong with the link I provided ?

There are hundreds of images there of rainbow effects in sprinklers/hoses etc.

• Like 3

Never mind. I originally posted something but decided against it because I think this person is simply toying with us.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

This is...embarrassingly stupid.

I-I mean...

Oh whatever. Forget it. I just cannot even begin to explain how this is so wrong....

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

I want to see all explanations.

Wha... you're joking right?

Rainbows are just the reflection of light in water droplets.

Oh dear...YOU are joking right?

Rainbows are caused by REFRACTION!!!!! Not reflection.

Edited by White Crane Feather

Some persons think they are giving the right answer because thy read it or see it in a book or website. I want answers for those that see beyond that

Some persons think they are giving the right answer because thy read it or see it in a book or website. I want answers for those that see beyond that

From my journal April 5 2012

So as I prepare to leave for a solo hike/snow shoe trip through the Sierra Nevada mountains for a vision quest, I wanted to blog this occurrence and deep revelation that happened to me a few days ago during a rainstorm.

I was comeing back from helping a friend move and very powerful rainstorm swept through my area. It was about 4pm and half the sky was clear and sunny while he other half had huge majestic clouds.

As im driving a massively complete rainbow forms in the east. It is a double rainbow and completely formed. There is a heavy wind and rain is blowing everywhere in gusts. I stop and get out of my truck. I am not going to miss the opertunity to experience this in it's fullest.

As I stand in the parking lot the wind is blowing water everywhere forming a white but brite mist everywhere. The rainbow is not in the sky!!!!!!! It's right in front of me!!! I can reach out touch it. A wave of gratitude passes through me, and those rolling chills start to pulsate through my body. I know I am not alone. Here on the side of the road ( reminiscent of what happens in Nevada last year) I'm being granted something. The rainbow is no longer a bow. It's a full circle. Part of it is superimposed on the sky, by the misty conditions allow it to continue it's arch. As I am standing there the rest of the rainbow completes as a a arch that intersects my body at the center of my chest and out my back. I can't beleive what I'm seeing. I wave my hand through it a few times. I must look like a mad man standing out in the rain waving my arms around while getting drenched.

I stand there for while undtil a cloud covers the sun and my rainbow is no longer intersecting me. The other half is still in the sky. I get in my truck and drive off thanking the great spirit.

There is no end of the rainbow and the treasure that is supposed to be there is you. You... We are the pot of gold. Our lives our souls our existence is the greatest treasure. What better gift from the divine could we hope for than to be capable of experienceing god and love for one another. When I walk out in the mornIng I have createed a hand motion with my hands as a prayer. As a catholic might make the sign of the cross on her chest, I trace the rainbow in the sky and bring it into my chest, to remind me of my relationship with god.

I'm off to a vision quest. I want to create something, I just havnt found what it is yet. I will be meditating for several days as a vision quest. I'm hopeing the snow will inspire me. Maybe a spirit will come.

• Like 1

Oh dear...YOU are joking right?

Rainbows are caused by REFRACTION!!!!! Not reflection.

Actually it is not the best example of refraction. It is caused by a combination of reflection, refraction, dispersion, and total internal reflection.

But do you really think that a person asking what caused a rainbow would even understand the differences in those terms?

Edited by Odin11

The question is .. if somebody knows what caused the raimbow...and why..... Do you understand that question ?????

Actually it is not the best example of refraction. It is caused by a combination of reflection, refraction, dispersion, and total internal reflection.

But do you really think that a person asking what caused a rainbow would even understand the differences in those terms?

Any reflection going on is irrelevant, i can look at rainbow through a mirror and its reflected, the division of light, what causes the rainbow is refraction. Light through a medium divides the light. Unnecessary details I guess, but I do see what you mean. I just thought it ironic that you expressed it mostly wrong while criticizing Somone else.

I don't know, if she didn't, she does now.

• Like 1

The question is .. if somebody knows what caused the raimbow...and why..... Do you understand that question ?????

What caused the rainbow is entirely a different question than why. The speed of light is slowed in a medium then the diferent frequencies ( colors) separate out. ( I'd have to look it up but it probably has to do with different frequencies haveing a slightly different angle of remittance)... In this case water and light cause the rainbow, why it happens ultimately will boil down "the rules between the cogs" of the universe at which point we encounter the great mystery.

• Like 1

Step by step "How To"

Explanation

A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection of light in water droplets in the Earth's atmosphere, resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. It takes the form of amulticoloured arc.

Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun.

In a "primary rainbow", the arc shows red on the outer part and violet on the inner side. This rainbow is caused by light being refracted while entering a droplet of water, then reflected inside on the back of the droplet and refracted again when leaving it.

In a double rainbow, a second arc is seen outside the primary arc, and has the order of its colours reversed, red facing toward the other one, in both rainbows. This second rainbow is caused by light reflecting twice inside water droplets.

Nibs

What HerNibs said...

I guess I just do not know what more you want.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

Lol.....lol