Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A different explanation

qxcontinuum

I am not sure if the following theory has ever been speculated. But I am often thinking about this possibility; what if aliens and their spacecrafts or ufo's, are in fact visitors from the future?

Maybe in the nearest or long term future there will be another race of humans that have advanced to a super civilization with advanced technologies such as time traveling. Regarding the reason they would come here is either to fix gaps in their past, or simple visiting an ancient civilization. Won't we do the same if we could travel, going back in time to see the pyramids or roman empire, or Jesus Christ? Etc...

Maybe they would come from over a million of years after humanity as we know it disappeared and another one has take its place?

The reason they don't want to interact or seen must be one extraordinary. I am sure aliens would have lend already establishing contact . They likely don't want us to be aware by facts in our nearest future as we could change it and break their future...

Edited by qxcontinuum

Time travel is tricky business.

Most theoretical physicists agree that time travel to the past is unlikely.

Einstein's Theory of Relativity states time flows in only one direction: the future.

http://space.about.c...to-the-Past.htm

Here's a really neat and informational article written by Dr. Michio Kaku...

It talks about how a thinker worked out Einstein's 1915 equations in 1949 which allowed for time travel into the past..

http://bigthink.com/...travel-possible

Einstein himself was aware that his equations allowed for time travel. His next-door neighbor at Princeton, Kurt Gödel, perhaps the most important mathematical logician of the past millennium, found a new solution of Einstein's equations in 1949 which allowed for time travel into the past. He found that if the universe rotated, and you traveled around the universe fast enough, you could go back in time, and arrive before you left.

In fact, since then, a series of solutions of Einstein's equations have been discovered which allow for time travel back into the past. Time travel is allowed for:

a ) traveling around a spinning universe

b } traveling around a spinning cylinder which is infinitely long

c ) traveling around two colliding cosmic strings

d ) traveling through a spinning black hole

e ) stretching or compressing space via negative matter

f ) traveling through a wormhole

The idea of time-traveling aliens is pretty far-fetched..

But, hey, who knows if they have the technology and understanding of physics beyond us?

I won't rule it out.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi

Sorry to disappoint but I have heard that theory quite a few times. It is, I think, about as likely as aliens from other stellar systems -- in other words, not.

Actually the traditional theory works better, although of course things like misidentification, delusions, fraud, and so on work even better. Time travel, because of the mess that would make of causation, just doesn't hold water.

• Like 2

one science fiction story I read once suggested that all the stars in the sky are just other Earths toddling along their own timelines.

one science fiction story I read once suggested that all the stars in the sky are just other Earths toddling along their own timelines.

The "Many Worlds Interpretation"..

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qm-manyworlds/

The Many-Worlds Interpretation (MWI) is an approach to quantum mechanics according to which, in addition to the world we are aware of directly, there are many other similar worlds which exist in parallel at the same space and time. The existence of the other worlds makes it possible to remove randomness and action at a distance from quantum theory and thus from all physics.

The fundamental idea of the MWI, going back to Everett 1957, is that there are myriads of worlds in the Universe in addition to the world we are aware of. In particular, every time a quantum experiment with different outcomes with non-zero probability is performed, all outcomes are obtained, each in a different world, even if we are aware only of the world with the outcome we have seen. In fact, quantum experiments take place everywhere and very often, not just in physics laboratories: even the irregular blinking of an old fluorescent bulb is a quantum experiment.

Watching to much "Fringe"...... :whistle:

No such thing.

Even if your dreams feature Walter and the sixth Doctor escaping from Cybermen on the back of Gene the cow.

Cool idea, but who the hell would wan't to travel back in time and perhaps upset what may or may not have made time travel possible. Stephen Hawking performed a simple experiment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/02/stephen-hawking-time-travel_n_1643488.html

and if you don't feel like reading there is a short boobtube video about it...

If they are travelers from the future im guessing we will never really know if they have visited or not, i love speculation though, it gives us something to talk about.

• Like 1

The Novikov self-consistency principle states that,

Stated simply, the Novikov consistency principle asserts that if an event exists that would give rise to a paradox, or to any "change" to the past whatsoever, then the probability of that event is zero. In short, it says that it is impossible to create time paradoxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle

In other words, the laws of physics are universally consistant, therefore no local inconsistancies are possible, i.e. time travel paradoxes would violate the consistancy of the laws of physics. No local timeline can be different than the universal timeline.

I always thought if time travel was possible we'd have been visited by the future by now. Because assuming time is linear, we'd have to be at the very front of it to have not been visited from the future. And the chances of that are tiny.

That makes no sense, but I know what I mean.

• Like 1

I always thought if time travel was possible we'd have been visited by the future by now. Because assuming time is linear, we'd have to be at the very front of it to have not been visited from the future. And the chances of that are tiny.

That makes no sense, but I know what I mean.

That is exactly my point. What if these UFO's are time traveling devices and we are experiencing your statement now. That will explain why the passengers/ drivers of these UFO's are not establishing contact, they are observers after all.

In the same time some weird things humanity is experiencing after WW2 . We seem to maintain a very delicate balance /harmony in most of our conflicts. Like look for example we were t the edge of a war with Iran and all the sudden there is a new president that is more open to western countries , the conflict is tempering, in the same time the cold nuclear war between Russia and Us was also closed...ete. etc...

We have had numerous strong killing viruses and pandemics that were tempered down somehow miraculously instead of experiencing a "normal" propagation.

Edited by qxcontinuum

That is exactly my point. What if these UFO's are time traveling devices and we are experiencing your statement now. That will explain why the passengers/ drivers of these UFO's are not establishing contact, they are observers after all.

In the same time some weird things humanity is experiencing after WW2 . We seem to maintain a very delicate balance /harmony in most of our conflicts. Like look for example we were t the edge of a war with Iran and all the sudden there is a new president that is more open to western countries , the conflict is tempering, in the same time the cold nuclear war between Russia and Us was also closed...ete. etc...

We have had numerous strong killing viruses and pandemics that were tempered down somehow miraculously instead of experiencing a "normal" propagation.

That doesn't quite work, because if we were relying on help from the future to get us through plagues and wars we would never had gotten through them the first time around.

I saw a program about swarms the other day that said human beings effectively swarm subconsciously to get us through hard times - kind of like when the traffic lights go out and everyone negotiates the crossing without crashing. That could be a microscopic version of how we avert world ending wars

I am not sure if the following theory has ever been speculated. But I am often thinking about this possibility; what if aliens and their spacecrafts or ufo's, are in fact visitors from the future?

Maybe in the nearest or long term future there will be another race of humans that have advanced to a super civilization with advanced technologies such as time traveling. Regarding the reason they would come here is either to fix gaps in their past, or simple visiting an ancient civilization. Won't we do the same if we could travel, going back in time to see the pyramids or roman empire, or Jesus Christ? Etc...

Maybe they would come from over a million of years after humanity as we know it disappeared and another one has take its place?

The reason they don't want to interact or seen must be one extraordinary. I am sure aliens would have lend already establishing contact . They likely don't want us to be aware by facts in our nearest future as we could change it and break their future...

I don't see how we can be certain that extraterrestrial visitors to Earth would have already made open contact with us. How could we know what effect their psychology, ethics, plans and motives would have on how, when, or if such contact would occur? For all we know, they could simply be very patient about slowly preparing us for such contact. Edited by bison

I don't see how we can be certain that extraterrestrial visitors to Earth would have already made open contact with us. How could we know what effect their psychology, ethics, plans and motives would have on how, when, or if such contact would occur? For all we know, they could simply be very patient about slowly preparing us for such contact.

Well if this is what they have in mind, it isn't working or they are stupid ; here is why?

• The time of delaying contact is far too long. About 70 years already and has opened up serious questions and speculations that are driven everyone from excitement, demonizing more these experiences.
  • They don't have an obvious plan. All the sightings are very random, there's no routes, apparently, they want to show up mostly only to US Citizens instead of everyone else around the globe. It makes no sense.

Well if this is what they have in mind, it isn't working or they are stupid ; here is why?

• The time of delaying contact is far too long. About 70 years already and has opened up serious questions and speculations that are driven everyone from excitement, demonizing more these experiences.
  • They don't have an obvious plan. All the sightings are very random, there's no routes, apparently, they want to show up mostly only to US Citizens instead of everyone else around the globe. It makes no sense.

Supposing that a long term plan of gradual extraterrestrial contact is in play, it could be said to be working to the extent that people have become thoroughly acquainted with the idea of the presence of intelligent extraterrestrial life at this planet.

There would appear to be a good deal of randomness in the manifestations of UFOs. This may be intentional, so as to present an ambiguous picture of what is going on. Most people would only very slowly become convinced that extraterrestrial intelligence was responsible for this, and some would not be convinced at all. Even these latter persons would become aware of the concept, at least, of extraterrestrial visitation.

I have read reports of UFOs from all over the world. Perhaps there is a large percentage of reports from the USA because, as the leading force in the exploration of space, Americans are more able to accept the the idea that space explorers from other worlds might be coming to our world.

Edited by bison
  • Like 1

Supposing that a long term plan of gradual extraterrestrial contact is in play, it could be said to be working to the extent that people have become thoroughly acquainted with the idea of the presence of intelligent extraterrestrial life at this planet.

There would appear to be a good deal of randomness in the manifestations of UFOs. This may be intentional, so as to present an ambiguous picture of what is going on. Most people would only very slowly become convinced that extraterrestrial intelligence was responsible for this, and some would not be convinced at all. Even these latter persons would become aware of the concept, at least, of extraterrestrial visitation.

I have read reports of UFOs from all over the world. Perhaps there is a large percentage of reports from the USA because, as the leading force in the exploration of space, Americans are more able to accept the the idea that space explorers from other worlds might be coming to our world.

Very good points!

How about, they are visitors from the future, but they haven't let their presence be known until our future? Maybe they do contact us, but 100 years from now? We're not ready yet.

Edited by StarMountainKid

That's an idea I've often considered where UFOs are concerned. Could be they time travelers from the future come back to try and fill in gaps in our historical record.

Or maybe we have created ourself and somehow past present and future coexist together. The theory isn't far fetch and science is making some remarkable discoveries in the spiral of time and possibility to jump from one element to the next one.

In any case it happened twice in my life; i was 8 years old a playful kid and very active, needing of at least 20-30 minute to fall asleep in bad. One night my dad prepared me the bet, i am sitting on it, and falling asleep while in the air before leaning the head on the pillow. All that time apparently I was somehow conscious and i counted from 1to 3 in my mind and i woke up in the morning. How crazy is that? I time warped 8 hours, while counting from 1to 3 ?

The second circumstance was in Montreal. Ii was waiting in an intersection in my car looking in the front. All the sudden in the car coming from my right there was this old indian person with a ver long beard and head covered. I retained the car and the colour. It is passing parallel to me going on the other way i was coming from. Then in just few seconds i am seeing the scene again, same car , same person, taking the curve again to the same direction I 've looked backwards and there was a. single car on the road matching the colour and the brand. My eyes sre not playing tricks . The same action happened twice, it was like some sort of time error.

I don't have any issues with the coexisting time concept, however I find the idea a bit hard to get my head around.....and that's probably more my problem than anything else. But if past, present and future are in the same plain then when some extraordinary happens, say 911. That was a historically changing event. As have been many others in the course of time, wouldn't this create paradoxes?

Speculation I suppose is healthy, but I would be careful thinking one's fantasies have a shred of possibility in them.

True, however one can never really know what's possible until one has reached beyond the bounds of what is known.