Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bigfoot' print found in Ohio back yard

UM-Bot

An inexplicably large footprint has been discovered in the back yard of an Ashtabula County resident.

Wendy, whose surname has been withheld for privacy reasons, had been out doing yard work when she came across the massive footprint which was 7. 5 inches across and imprinted to a depth of 1. 5 inches in to the ground.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/254926/bigfoot-print-found-in-ohio-back-yard

So 7.5 inches wide and how long? That's so clearly a bear print that it's not even funny. And then what "expert" do they interview - right, MELBA FREAKING KETCHUM.

This has what has become of science reporting these days.

Come on ABC, you used to be better than this.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

I'm confused. Why is there seemingly only 1 print?

Maybe there is more and I missed them somehow, or, this one was the "best" to photograph.

Also, not knowing much about bear prints, but do the bears claws retract and not imprinted as well? Though I seem to see one or two marks above the "toes" which might be non-retractable bear claw prints. I don't know. Anyone would know better than I.

And who is the Melba Ketchum person? I must be missing something in the article.

• Like 1

I'm confused. Why is there seemingly only 1 print?

Maybe there is more and I missed them somehow, or, this one was the "best" to photograph.

Also, not knowing much about bear prints, but do the bears claws retract and not imprinted as well? Though I seem to see one or two marks above the "toes" which might be non-retractable bear claw prints. I don't know. Anyone would know better than I.

And who is the Melba Ketchum person? I must be missing something in the article.

It's the funniest thing, whenever they find supposed 'big foot' prints...there's only ever one footprint. I have never read or seen anything where they've found more than one footprint. I mean if this massive ape man, which must weight well over 150 Kilograms is walking on ground soft enough to leave footprints, there would be far more than one.

• Like 1

It's the funniest thing, whenever they find supposed 'big foot' prints...there's only ever one footprint. I have never read or seen anything where they've found more than one footprint. I mean if this massive ape man, which must weight well over 150 Kilograms is walking on ground soft enough to leave footprints, there would be far more than one.

Multiple footprints have been seen and photographed in other occassions, mostly in snow.

However, upon close examination they were deemed to be either bear prints or, as shown in one vid, a human hoaxer who showed how he did it.

In this case, however, there does not seem to be enough info to suggest more than one print which, like you said, would be odd for any creature of substantial weight. So, while intriguing, I remain skeptical of this claim. Just not enough info.

• Like 1

Based on just the video I can't tell what it is. From what I can see it sure looks like a bear track to me.

Bigfoot is a legend all around the world. Just look at Charlie Sheen, he's trying to find one too. Maybe they should call him to investigate the evidence.

An adult black bear can weigh between 150 and 600 pounds. Standing males measure between 5 and 6 feet tall. Prints from a black bear's front paw are about 6 inches wide consistent with the finding. Almost all the bear sightings in Ohio have been in the eastern part of the state with majority of sightings being in the counties bordering Pennsylvania and West Virginia and Ashtabula County abuts Pennsylvania.

Edited by highdesert50

An adult black bear can weigh between 150 and 600 pounds. Standing males measure between 5 and 6 feet tall. Prints from a black bear's front paw are about 6 inches wide consistent with the finding. Almost all the bear sightings in Ohio have been in the eastern part of the state with majority of sightings being in the counties bordering Pennsylvania and West Virginia and Ashtabula County abuts Pennsylvania.

And as was discussed in a recent thread, oddly enough, that area is where most of Ohio's Bigfoot sightings occur.

• Like 1

So 7.5 inches wide and how long? That's so clearly a bear print that it's not even funny. And then what "expert" do they interview - right, MELBA FREAKING KETCHUM.

This has what has become of science reporting these days.

Come on ABC, you used to be better than this.

I wouldn't suggest it's a bear print, I would suggest it is a hoax. The print, to me, is too 'clean'. The edges are neat with little distortion and crumbling one would expect to see in a natural print in such soft soil. Any heavy animal, bears included, would leave a trail of prints in soil so soft as to carry an imprint as clear as the one shown in the video, but we only see one print.

So I say hoax.

Edited by Leonardo

"She [Melba Ketchum] claims the average Sasquatch she’s seen is 10 feet tall"

WTH!!! Melba. Her personally witnessed average height is 10 feet? I am speechless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ketchum said the average foot size for a male is 17 feet, 15 feet for a female, and 7 feet for a baby."

She's seen so many she has an average foot size for males, females and babies from her own experience as well? How else can you tell if a footprint is from a male or female biff?

Foot size is measured in feet?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet she can't show the animals in person or photograph or film them for science.

And according to one interview she gave, her first sighting wasn't but a few years ago.

Why would anyone take Ketchum woman seriously? Let alone her lab results.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Wow, Melba really should try to quote statistics when she's high.

Of course, Melba has implied that she's been involved in sexual encounters with Bigfoots as well. God love he, she's not wrapped real tight.

Ok, as far as finding only one print goes, that's not so odd really. There are things to consider such as the ground conditions and very often you aren't going to get a nice consistent walking pattern. It's true with deer, elk, bear and humans. However, when you find one it stands to reason you might find others if you take some time and look about for them carefully.

As far as the print in the little I could see goes, it does look more like a bear print to me. I'm on my phone looking right this red hot minute but I can make out what appears to be claw marks. So far as I know Bigfoots don't have claws.

Unless or until a clearer picture shows up, who the heck knows? I don't think it's a Sasquatch print, but it could be a bear print.

Theory - Bigfoot is a winged creature. They perch on one foot to rest and then take flight which, incidentally, leads to sightings of the legendary "thunderbirds".

Knowing is half the battle :tu:

It's too much work to make a trail of them, and one is enough to convince those who want to believe anyway, so why bother.

I've been to a lot of websites over the years and some believers will take anything offered up as real and genuine proof positive. While I consider myself open to the possibility, I'm still pretty skeptical. I really wish more believers would just learn to take a breath and ask themselves one simple question before they jump on the belive wagon. That question is simply, "What's wronge with this picture?"

They'd save themselves a lot of frustration in the long run.

you have, of course, a good point, however, you - like most skeptics, still think of BF as just another species of big ape.

I truly believe that if BF exists it surely cannot behave like other animals and must have some unknown ability/power - such as drifting in and out of other dimensions.

But I have *no idea* what BF's power/ability really is, I simply believe that it has one, of course

Based on just the video I can't tell what it is. From what I can see it sure looks like a bear track to me.

and it may very well be!

However, that does not explain ahy only one print. If it was a bear, why not a whole set of prints? it has to be, no?

Also, these people ought to know the difference betwen what they see and what a bear print is, I *assume*, anyway.

could be a hoax, IMO

I've been to a lot of websites over the years and some believers will take anything offered up as real and genuine proof positive. While I consider myself open to the possibility, I'm still pretty skeptical. I really wish more believers would just learn to take a breath and ask themselves one simple question before they jump on the belive wagon. That question is simply, "What's wronge with this picture?"

They'd save themselves a lot of frustration in the long run.

What's wrong is we can't figure it out.

If, in 100 BF evidences showing existence, 99 are proven hoaxes, the one still proves existence.

existence, IMO, has been demonstrated quite strongly, which presents us with an amazing paradox and that is why I like it here.

toodles

It left just one print? That seems unlikely for a real life Bigfoot.

Yes, and even more unusual - impossible, for a bear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ketchum said the average foot size for a male is 17 feet,

...I wear a size 17

Mum and I need to have a talk about who my dad is....

• Like 1