Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

horrible thought on evolution

ambelamba

One more thing, Frank: the vast majority of population listen and submit to the authority no matter how ridiculous the creed is.

I can't get into too much, but I am not the only one who suspects that we were tampered. Pretty badly. Our genes are so thoroughly rigged that any attempt to fix the psychological and cognitive problems at the gene level would utterly fail.

Well now maybe you are reading more into what I said than I intended. I think our genes happen by natural selection; what I imagine might be called meta-genetic.

The biggest fear is that David Icke was not far off...except that we are so carefully designed to stay as slaves.

And perhaps the business about the Royal Family and/or the Rothschilds being giant shape-shifting lizards who adopt human form.

:unsure:

• Like 1

And perhaps the business about the Royal Family and/or the Rothschilds being giant shape-shifting lizards who adopt human form.

:unsure:

No, not that part. As a joke, I fear that David Icke himself is a powerful argument that universal healthcare is severely flawed. :D

• Like 1

I think one thing that has caused a lot of harm is the belief, thanks to the Old Testament and similar religious teachings, an which perhaps Darwinian evolution has encouraged, that Humans were designed and/or evolved to be dominant; to have 'dominion over the earth' and all its creatures, or that Humans' natural destiny is to be the dominant species. In other words, just the opposite to the notion that Humans were bred to be salves. I think that attitude has let to all sorts of harm being caused over time.

One more thing, Frank: the vast majority of population listen and submit to the authority no matter how ridiculous the creed is.

I can't get into too much, but I am not the only one who suspects that we were tampered. Pretty badly. Our genes are so thoroughly rigged that any attempt to fix the psychological and cognitive problems at the gene level would utterly fail.

I know what you mean.

Just like all of today's dog breeds that have a common ancestor,so do we.There have been centuries of rooting out the non-complacent in mob force out of fear,and I do not need to say no more on that.

Hypothetical in the prehistoric past:

Picture Slaves line up in rows,and ordered to bow down for God is about to speak.They are told not to look at God by the Temple Priests,but they know some peak.The God comes out on the platform that is in front,and above the slaves.The God is flanked by Temple priests on either side,and is garbed to best reflect the sunlight with an extravagent Headress.The God belts out dissatifaction,cocks his head,and smoke pours from his Head.A Temple Priest shouts out "You angered the God!",and all the Priest perform an appeasement ritual.

Later that night in one of the Slave Tents a slave that peaked talks about what he saw.Some of the other Slaves tell him to shut up for the God will hear.The reasoning Slave talks about how the smoke

was not so miraculous,because some of it got caught up in some wind.Some of the Slaves start pleading with him to be quiet.The Slave starts describing the smoke in great detail.Then the fearfull slaves grab him,and take him straight to the Temple Guards.

In that same Tent there was a Slave that was too fearfull to say a word,but he had a vital clue.He remembers as a young boy he accidentally spilled some Vinegar on some strange rocks,and the same Smoke the Slave that Peaked described was the result.If they only knew how that Headress of the God had two internal compartments.One for a liquid,and one for a solid where a Head jerk will activate a chemical reaction.

This is just hypothetical of course.

I agree with that Col. When we start thinking that we are more special then the rest of the critters on this world that is when we start ******* everything up rather royally.

• Like 1

One thing to remember about the evolution of humans is that what we are now isn't entirely a product of our genes. Genetically we are the same as humans 30,000 years ago but as far as we know, they had very primitive languages and weren't capable of abstract thinking. We weren't acting much more advanced than Neanderthals. At some point there was a sudden change in humans that resulted in farming, collective hunting and organized societies. That somehow led to permanent buildings, trade and written languages. These are things that sharply separate us from animals but it's not entirely because of what we are physically.

No one knows what caused this change. If it hadn't happened, we humans with our big smart brains might still be living in caves.

• Like 1

Surely selfishness is an intrinsic part of Darwinian evolution, isn't that what it's all about? So it's not a design error by God, it's the natural result of evolution.

Same can be said about the goodness in humans... To add - As it is well known,for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, which means ( In my BM dictionary ) this world ( nature ) must have BOTH the good and the bad in all of us.. This is a result of evolution..

The universe itself balances on the fine line between positive and negative.

If one is a creationist and thinks god did it ( like the bible suggests ) then they too would have to admit that god is fully responsible for all and not just the good...No point in taking credit for half the job, it would render god useless...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I believe that the traces of the human behavior of wickedness, cruelty - are the remnants of a decadent aspect and even perverted of our primitive animality. Maybe, this fact not be much visible but, slowly, very slowly, we are evolutioning. Let's meditate.

Surely I believe that evolution explains a lot of things about life on earth.

Except for certain aspect of human origin.

We are too vile, selfish, inconsiderate, greedy, and plain evil to be the results of purely natural evolution. But if there's any design process involved with our orign, he must be one sick jerk because our mind has too many flaws.

Speak for yourself :devil:

I am a product of evolution, and I am none of those things. In part because my parents and my elders/society taught me not to be, and in part because god lives in me and around me and helps me not to be. But mainly because my mind and my heart show me that living that way is hurtful, destructive, limiting and disempowering for me and for those around me.

• Like 1

I would say it is absurd and paranoid to think human behavior has been manipulated at the genetic level -- but it will be.

We are too vile, selfish, inconsiderate, greedy, and plain evil to be the results of purely natural evolution. But if there's any design process involved with our orign, he must be one sick jerk because our mind has too many flaws.

Wow you have a really low view of humans lol

are we really so evil. I cant help but think of all the humans I naturally encounter every day and all the people I know. Somehow we all voluntary interact everyday without doing something evil. I don't know anyone that I can call evil I know people who have done bad things but that doesn't make them evil. People don't do bad things for the sake of being evil its normally because of other misunderstood things.

I cant help but think of all the charities and scientist and activist people trying to make the world a better place. And all the love in the world. And I see people change all the time. Why is it humans strive for a better world if we are so evil?

There is far more good in the world then bad. Humans are amazing :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

I already stated that I wasn't careful with my OP. My concerin with human mind is actually about cognitive dissonance and incoherence.

One thing to remember about the evolution of humans is that what we are now isn't entirely a product of our genes. Genetically we are the same as humans 30,000 years ago but as far as we know, they had very primitive languages and weren't capable of abstract thinking. We weren't acting much more advanced than Neanderthals. At some point there was a sudden change in humans that resulted in farming, collective hunting and organized societies. That somehow led to permanent buildings, trade and written languages. These are things that sharply separate us from animals but it's not entirely because of what we are physically.

No one knows what caused this change. If it hadn't happened, we humans with our big smart brains might still be living in caves.

There have been some interesting discoveries in regards to that actually. For instance I read in Scientific American that an increase in the quality and complexity of human art and tools coincides with an increase in the average age of remains. Basically people lived to be grandparents, and contained a lot more knowledge and wisdom which they could pass on. What caused people of that particular era to have longer lifespans is not yet understood though. Gobekli Tepe also cast doubt on the clear dividing line between nomadic hunters and city dwelling farmers. It is a religious momument that seems to predate permanent settlements.

I think its a matter of emergent phenomena. Once populations get high enough they turn to farming or die, and from there everything else arises out of newly discovered necessity. Managing thousands of people requires government, law and bureaucracy. Ensuring social coheion requires religion and tradition. Personally I think its one of the most fascinating questions at hand, how did we go from clever animals to something completely different?

• Like 2

Which evolution are you talking about?

1. Darwinism

2. Neo Darwinism

3. Context-driven Actualization of Potential (CAP)

4. Self-organization

5. Natural Genetic Engineering

6. Neo-Lamarckism

7. Symbiogenesis

8. Evolutionary Developmental Biology

9. Neutral Evolution

10. Facilitated Variation

Edited by IamsSon

Which evolution are you talking about?

1. Darwinism

2. Neo Darwinism

3. Context-driven Actualization of Potential (CAP)

4. Self-organization

5. Natural Genetic Engineering

6. Neo-Lamarckism

7. Symbiogenesis

8. Evolutionary Developmental Biology

9. Neutral Evolution

10. Facilitated Variation

How about we just go with the evolution all those competing Theories aspire to describe?

How about we just go with the evolution all those competing Theories aspire to describe?

I'm not sure how one could since the evolution they each describe is very different.

I'm not sure how one could since the evolution they each describe is very different.

No, the underlying evolution is the same - the mechanisms for that evolution they each describe are different.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

No, the underlying evolution is the same - the mechanisms for that evolution they each describe are different.

I guess we don't know the EXACT mechanism of evolution yet. Doesn't make evolution wrong at all.

I guess we don't know the EXACT mechanism of evolution yet. Doesn't make evolution wrong at all.

My emphasis.

Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I think we do know the mechanisms behind evolution - but maybe are missing some of the detail. What is apparent is that not everyone agrees which mechanisms are correct, not that we don't know those mechanisms.

Edited by Leonardo

Hasn't anyone ever told you, that, if someone cannot understand a single thing about evolution, then that to them must mean evolution is wrong..

Summed up - "I don't get it..AHHHHHHHH Ok It MUST be fake" lol

• Like 2

I don't know what some people find so hard about evolution. It's simple if you look at it; that every living thing is programmed to do two things and one facilitates the other, survival and reproduction. That is it, everything else that an organism does revolves around in the end reproduction (as that facilitates survival of the species as a whole) and survival of the individual long enough to reproduce. Once that is accomplished the organism may have a long life or a short one but that single accomplishment is the reason for evolution. If the climate changes, if prey numbers change the organism adjust accordingly over time to meet those changes and thus evolution. It's a severe oversimplification of course and within those changes are a vast number of complex systems but in the end the drive to reproduce and create the next generation is the single drive.

For those that question evolution either because of god or questioning the "theory" that one you cannot argue with, when it comes to every living thing on earth reproduction (in whatever form that takes) is paramount and environmental factors that affect it cause changes to keep the most optimal reproductive advantages.

Oh but we do: it's called natural selection. Other mechanisms if they played any role at all were minor.

Evolution is not hard and to Asian eyes seems the obvious way to look at life. Of course Asians don't have the fossil record or the genetic studies or the heritage of Darwin, but in spite of lacking these, just their knowledge of biogeography and animal behavior is enough to allow the ready conclusion that all life forms on the earth are related.

• Like 1