Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hannon Playhouse, Raymond, WA

rodentraiser

OK, here's a fun one. This qualifies as a personal experience for me, though, and not proof, as no one could verify it.

Our then ghost hunting group was investigating the Hannon Playhouse in Raymond, WA a bunch of years ago. There were a few weird things that happened. Myself and another woman got there early and were taken on a tour through the theater by one of the oldtimers who worked there. Halfway through, I saw a piano in a corner and me being me, went over to plunk on it.

Fast forward a few hours. I was teamed with another woman who was a "sensitive", according to her. Now, I have very scant patience with this sort of thing and she was irritating me, saying the ghost was here, the ghost was there, and she kept smelling paint. Around by the stage, I pointed out the piano and squeezing in between a ladder and a paint bucket, I plunked on it again. Then I had to stop to think, because I didn't remember squeezing by anything to get to the piano earlier. So after the woman and I finished our investigation, I found the woman I had taken the original tour with, told her she needed to see something and walked her in the general direction of the piano. The first words out of her mouth were, "Where'd that ladder come from?" Questioning everyone else, including the oldtimer, revealed no one had been in the building since we came out from our early "tour" and our investigation started. Ok, shrug.

But something else happened upstairs in the attic as well. To get to the lighting box, you had to climb up stairs, walk through an attic and step down to the lighting box. I didn't enjoy this, as the lighting box was about 4 feet wide and thirty feet long, looked out over the entire audience and seemed to SLANT downward. Plus the step down was a high one.

Anyway, since the theater's lights were left on during the investigation, we hadn't bothered to turn on the attic light as we could see through the light box windows. The attic light was a bare bulb with a chain, and a rope attached to the chain which was then looped over the corner of the door to the lighting room, so that when you were coming out of the lighting room into the attic again, you could just push the door which would yank the rope which would pull the chain and turn the attic light on. So the light in the attic was off and as the other investigating woman and I were leaving the light box, we hadn't planned to turn it on as it wasn't dark enough that we couldn't see anything.The other woman was ahead of me and stepped up into the attic. I wasn't paying attention and then the light went on. We found that if you pushed the door hard enough, it pulled the rope, turned on the light, and swung back into position. The other woman couldn't remember if she had actually pushed the door and I hadn't seen it. *shrug* So then as she was walking out the attic and I reached up to pull the rope to turn the light off, it went off. I froze. The other woman turned around to see me standing there with my hand up in the air still reaching for the light. I just said, "Well, I didn't do that." And we chalked up an experience at the Hannon Playhouse and left, with the hairs standing up on the back of my neck.

Ghost hunting is so much fun.

Well, my feeling is that to be able to claim I saw a ghost or had a paranormal experience happen, at least two or more people must be able to verify it. It should also be able to be verified with hard evidence if possible: camera, video, heat sensors, what have you. Now two of us were there, but I wasn't paying attention when the other person stepped up so I can't verify what she did. Likewise, she had her back turned when the light I was reaching up to turn off, went off. It was a situation that I would never submit as proof. Mainly because there isn't any. So I call it just a personal experience.

• Like 1