Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Captain Kirk turns down trip in to space

UM-Bot

Why should an 82 year old ACTOR (he isn't actually Captain Kirk you know) do anything he doesn't want to?

You do realise that this is all a publicity stunt for Virgin don't you? They are getting shed loads of free publicity not least because of those people that are too gullible to realise that the ACTOR William Shatner is being used.

The ACTOR Willian Shatner owes nobody anything. He is not an explorer he is an ACTOR. If he doesn't want to go into space then that's his choice. As an ACTOR he should be allowed the same free will the rest of us have and should not have to put up with people emailing him and attempting to persuade him todo something he doesn't want to do.

Damnit Jim, I'm an actor not an astronaut.

I'll bet that he would've gone had Leornard Nemoy also been on the trip

Well afterall Sir Bransons Mom is going ! His Kid, who knows how many older wealthy peeps Will Hit the edge ?

As far as Shatner He really should go If His health is not an Issue ?

Now If Hes got a really bad ticker from all the women in his past,then He may just wanna do it to Go out with a Bang ! Remember to Boldly Go !

Its a trip of a Life time for the can Do`s !

We are all Explorer`s Come On Waspie would you Go If you had the spare change? :tu:

Respect his wishes, don't force him to do something he doesn't want too. If he doesn't want to do it, I understand, but it would be something I like to do though. Going to space always been one of my lifelong dreams.

Hey, I hate flying in almost too. However, helicopters don't bother me at all, in fact I'm very relaxed in them. Probably because when I was in Nam and all seemed lost suddenly you'd hear the thump.....thump.....thump of those Hueys coming hot. Soon as you heard that sound you knew help was two minutes away and closing awfully fast. Charlie would cut and run as soon as they heard the sound too. I made a joke once to my CO that all we really needed to do was make a recording of those rotors and play them over the loud speakers.

I can't repeat what he said to me.