Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? (+Videos)

Commander CMG

Mermaids have been a subject of fascination for centuries. Cultures from all over the world, that had no contact with each other, have mermaids in their folklore, all with very similar descriptions. From these stories and modern movies everyone know what mermaids are, but few people have been able to provide evidence to testify to their existence. Skeptics are many, but there are also those who believe. For those intrigued by the question of whether or not mermaids exist, see below for a handful of documented mermaid sightings—then decide what you believe.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 2

Those photos and video are from that mockumentary The Body Found, those are fake

• Like 2

Of all the cases cited in the article I only focused on the first one, cause the two guys are Marine Biologists (the other ones were sighted by common people that know nothing about deep ocean creatures).

Although my head kept on telling me those were whales 'singing', part of me remembered the movie The Europa Report. Two thirds of our oceans remain undiscovered....who knows what kind of creatures have adapted to live there?

• Like 1

I'd have to side with Reaper here, Discovery has come forward and said they were NOT real. Using them as proof of existence is.......well....silly, to say the least.

Ok, it is true that the largest part of the oceans are unexplored, however this does not mean, by default, that it's the proverbial smoking gun.

• Like 3

Those photos and video are from that mockumentary The Body Found, those are fake

I'd have to side with Reaper here, Discovery has come forward and said they were NOT real. Using them as proof of existence is.......well....silly, to say the least.

Ok, it is true that the largest part of the oceans are unexplored, however this does not mean, by default, that it's the proverbial smoking gun.

Even the video with the 2 Biologists are fake?

There is one that sits on a rock in the middle of Copenhagen harbour.

So the Danes have the answer

Stories brought home by sailors to make life interesting when there was no T.V.

Even the video with the 2 Biologists are fake?

They've hired actors to portray biologists in their fake documentaries: Here's an article on both the fake Megalodon and Mermaids shows aired on Discovery. Nothing was too low for them.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/08/07/discovery-channel-provokes-outrage-with-fake-shark-week-documentary/

• Like 1

“They were not as beautiful as they are painted, although to some extent they have a human appearance in the face….”

A dugong.

Dugong.jpg

LOL I've got find the whole documentary and watch it now!

Yeah they had one saying that the Megalodon existing to during shark week, :w00t:

• Like 1

Well for most other shows there good, its just these fake documintaries, I know in the end of things there just out to make mone, But at what cost :tu:

• Like 1

Until you have real credible evidence, I cannot believe in mermaids or merfolk. I understand that well over half of the worlds oceans remain unexplored. There is no way of knowing what exists and what may still exist in the depths.