Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Morgellons

zoser

I watched The Unexplained Files episode on the disease and did a little research.

I was shocked by two things. One was the medical professions denial that it exists and the practice of treating suffers as mental patients.

The second thing that caught my attention was this article:

http://www.viewzone.com/morgellonsx.html

In particular the link with GM products:

We see further evidence that Morgellons victims test positive for Agrobacterium, a unique bacteria that is widely used to genetically modify plants and which can genetically modify human cells. Again there is the suggestion that a laboratory was involved in the origins of this substance.

Whether it is by design or by accident, it is apparent that Morgellons Disease was man made. The reluctance of the CDC to take an active role in investigating this outbreak further suggests that, on some level, the government -- or some highly influential corporation -- is culpable.

Meanwhile people are suffering, committing suicide and spreading the disease to family members and their neighbors. There is no known cure and the disease eventually causes physical and mental disabilities.

The most affected regions are California, Texas and Florida. Despite the suggestion that victims seem to have worked with soil or gardening (and must have come in contact with Agrobacterium that way), the two major occupations of Morgellons victims are nurses and teachers. Urban areas have more cases than rural areas. There have been confirmed cases in cats, dogs and horses. By all parameters, Morgellons is already pandemic.

Yet the CDC is silent. No study, no report, no excuse. Just silence.

The motive for the cover up and denial I believe is right there.

• Like 6

Members of a family appear to be infected. The husband dies and the wife challenges the medical reasons for his death. A 2 year old boy displays the symptoms and the mother is recommended for psychiatric evaluation. Her own battle with the strange condition continues and she is becoming increasingly concerned for the welfare of her family.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

The medical community sees odd things all of the time. Sometimes it is real as in rare diseases even in places like the US from sources such as ticks. There are many really bad diseases that are tick borne and found only in small regions of the US. On the other hand there are sometimes widespread issues that do not appear to be real diseases. Morgellons falls into that category.

A few years ago I did take the time to look up the disease and found most of the diagnoses was performed by the individuals themselves. There are lots of people that try to override the diagnosis made by medical doctors. There are even those that make up diseases and go to doctors wanting to be found ill. It seemed to me at the time that many of the morgellons claims were of that type, not all but many.

I also found a number of people willing to treat these sufferers of morgellons for big dollars.

It looks to me that the disease is not a real disease. There are real diseases being discovered, but morgellons is not one of them.

Morgellons is an umbrella name invented in 2002. The name covers many different known skin ailments. Yes, the conditions are known and not new diseases. What is new is that the sufferers are denying the diagnosis so they can claim to be suffering from an invented disease. The name was invented around 2002. The sufferers reject the diagnosis. This isn't the only malady in which people reject the diagnosis.

• Like 1

The medical community sees odd things all of the time. Sometimes it is real as in rare diseases even in places like the US from sources such as ticks. There are many really bad diseases that are tick borne and found only in small regions of the US. On the other hand there are sometimes widespread issues that do not appear to be real diseases. Morgellons falls into that category.

A few years ago I did take the time to look up the disease and found most of the diagnoses was performed by the individuals themselves. There are lots of people that try to override the diagnosis made by medical doctors. There are even those that make up diseases and go to doctors wanting to be found ill. It seemed to me at the time that many of the morgellons claims were of that type, not all but many.

I also found a number of people willing to treat these sufferers of morgellons for big dollars.

It looks to me that the disease is not a real disease. There are real diseases being discovered, but morgellons is not one of them.

Morgellons is an umbrella name invented in 2002. The name covers many different known skin ailments. Yes, the conditions are known and not new diseases. What is new is that the sufferers are denying the diagnosis so they can claim to be suffering from an invented disease. The name was invented around 2002. The sufferers reject the diagnosis. This isn't the only malady in which people reject the diagnosis.

I cannot agree. It looks everything like a real disease. If two year old boys and teenage girls are suffering from it in the same family how can it not be?

In the above clip we see an image of a teenage girl with a painful looking sore, sprouting from it is some fibrous material.

I'm sorry but this is not imagined.

It's a classic case of the medical profession pre-deciding that it is a false disease based on the fact that they do not understand the science.

"I don't have a clue so it's not real"

Also the classification of these people as psychiatric patients is criminal. If I had the power I would withdraw professional status from those individuals who deny the disease. It's the condemning of people to the mad house all over again. The medical profession did that in the 19th and 20th Century and clearly it has not learned from it's mistakes.

It happens in Ufology and everywhere else. It's nothing new,

Edit to add

My guess is that you have been reading out of date material. I cannot imaging how you would have reached that conclusion from looking at more up to date cases.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

I cannot agree. It looks everything like a real disease. If two year old boys and teenage girls are suffering from it in the same family how can it not be?

In the above clip we see an image of a teenage girl with a painful looking sore, sprouting from it is some fibrous material.

It's a classic case of the medical profession pre-deciding that it is a false disease based on the fact that they do not understand the science.

Also the classification of these people as psychiatric patients is criminal. If I had the power I would withdraw professional status from those individuals who deny the disease. It's the condemning of people to the mad house all over again. The medical profession did that in the 19th and 20th Century and clearly it has not learned from it's mistakes.

People that live together share lots of things. They often share political viewpoints. They share eating customs. They even share the same fears and delusions. Just because people in a family use the same term to express whatever they believe only means that they share the same self diagnosis.

The person has a sore. Fibers, pollen, dust, and other materials can become imbedded in sores. Fibers have been shown to be nylon, cotton, and other known materials. I have never stated or meant to suggest that the people did not have sores. I did state that "the conditions are known and not new diseases".

Your comment "I don't have a clue so it's not real" is as unwarranted as the claims of morgellon disease.

By the time I got to the end of your post where you made the nonsense claim about classifying people where they should be classified and demanding the loss of livelihood for the medical staff I simply wonder why you too have taken such a severe stance and support people diagnosing their own diseases.

Your claims about "condemning of people to the mad house" are irrelevant since no one that is off on a "I got morgellons" bender has been incarcerated have they?

The issue is whether or not this is a real disease or imagined. I also see it as a new name for existing diseases. I see it as nothing more than a chance to gouge the pockets of those acting in an irrational manner. The people who think they have a new disease that is causing fibers to sprout from their bodies are free to make any claims they want to. The claims have been checked. They turned out to be something other than what the people claim they have. So they turn to some chiselers that will part them from their cash without really doing anything. As long as the people don't die because some bogus person does not allow their injuries to go septic and they die or loss a limb there really isn't much to this.

• Like 2

Here is a little info about morgellons.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/may/07/morgellons-mysterious-illness

The CDC is due to publish a long-delayed study on the condition and, if it proves Oaklander's theory correct, this would explain a great deal. Why, for example, Greg Smith's lesions stopped developing when he stopped scratching: because they were self-inflicted. Why I found fibres on my hand: because they are picked up from the environment. What's more, if morgellons is not actually a disease but a combination of symptoms that might have all sorts of different maladies as its source, this squares with something Savely said she's "constantly perplexed about… when I find a treatment that helps one person, it doesn't help the next at all. Every patient is a whole new ball game."

There are all sorts of great quotes in the article

I've seen a fibre go into my glasses
I have Erin Brockovich's lawyer's number in my purse. Don't you think I'm not going to use it.
So far, the laboratory has found Wymore's various morgellons fibres to be: nylon; cotton; a blond human hair; a fungal fibre; a rodent hair; and down, most likely from geese or ducks.
  • Like 1

Morgellons is one of those things that is going to take awhile to prove or disprove. I do not think it is a "hidden" agenda....I do think people are experiencing something odd that no one has put a finger on yet.

Now if it has an "odd" cause or origin....then yeah....we might have some issues....but I, for some reason, do not think it is.

What "if"....and here is a biggie...this has something to do with genetic damage from something? Let's take a wild swing for shiz and giggles and say....what if they find this condition is related to GMO food? Do you think companies like Monsanto is going to let that go public?....hahahaha....that makes my belly hurt from laughter....not going to happen and will never ever see the light of day.

People that put truth above money and finance are so cute in their blind faith in a broken and corrupt system....

I have no idea what it is or if it's real....my point being...chances are....you will not ever know the truth

People that live together share lots of things. They often share political viewpoints. They share eating customs. They even share the same fears and delusions. Just because people in a family use the same term to express whatever they believe only means that they share the same self diagnosis.

The person has a sore. Fibers, pollen, dust, and other materials can become imbedded in sores. Fibers have been shown to be nylon, cotton, and other known materials. I have never stated or meant to suggest that the people did not have sores. I did state that "the conditions are known and not new diseases".

Your comment "I don't have a clue so it's not real" is as unwarranted as the claims of morgellon disease.

By the time I got to the end of your post where you made the nonsense claim about classifying people where they should be classified and demanding the loss of livelihood for the medical staff I simply wonder why you too have taken such a severe stance and support people diagnosing their own diseases.

Your claims about "condemning of people to the mad house" are irrelevant since no one that is off on a "I got morgellons" bender has been incarcerated have they?

The issue is whether or not this is a real disease or imagined. I also see it as a new name for existing diseases. I see it as nothing more than a chance to gouge the pockets of those acting in an irrational manner. The people who think they have a new disease that is causing fibers to sprout from their bodies are free to make any claims they want to. The claims have been checked. They turned out to be something other than what the people claim they have. So they turn to some chiselers that will part them from their cash without really doing anything. As long as the people don't die because some bogus person does not allow their injuries to go septic and they die or loss a limb there really isn't much to this.

Always there will be those who exploit the suffering of others; that goes with living in a capitalist world devoid of morality.

Nothing I can do or say will change your mind.

How do you explain that fibres from the human body of all sorts of non-natural colours do not break down under 1400 deg F of heat and cannot be identified as any known classified fibre?

It's all in the above clips.

Edited by zoser

Zoser....your unflinching dedication to the fringes of thought and theory is almost commendable.

I am not a fan of the new corporatists that I believe manipulates everything for profit...but....the evidence in the videos and evidence I have seen beyond them....is not evidence....it is inconclusive. Does that mean anything?...maybe, maybe not. I am not qualified to test things like this so therefore I am not qualified to make an educated or professional response to it. I can simply say..."I think people are experiencing something but I do not know what it is or what it might imply"....

therefore, I digress. I understand from a conspiracy point of view but as a critical thinking person....you have to do better with the evidence, it is unconvincing

Zoser....your unflinching dedication to the fringes of thought and theory is almost commendable.

I am not a fan of the new corporatists that I believe manipulates everything for profit...but....the evidence in the videos and evidence I have seen beyond them....is not evidence....it is inconclusive. Does that mean anything?...maybe, maybe not. I am not qualified to test things like this so therefore I am not qualified to make an educated or professional response to it. I can simply say..."I think people are experiencing something but I do not know what it is or what it might imply"....

therefore, I digress. I understand from a conspiracy point of view but as a critical thinking person....you have to do better with the evidence, it is unconvincing

Let the people tell you themselves. Nothing I can do will convince you.

They have the sores, the debilitating condition, the fibres growing out of their skin and the intense irritation that this causes.

Don't listen to me; listen to them. Look at the images. It's real. It's no fringe phenomena.

Edited by zoser

Always there will be those who exploit the suffering of others; that goes with living in a capitalist world devoid of morality.

Nothing I can do or say will change your mind.

How do you explain that fibres from the human body of all sorts of non-natural colours do not break down under 1400 deg F of heat and cannot be identified as any known classified fibre?

It's all in the above clips.

What we find is that those claims have not been checked and often come from questionable sources. When material has been checked it is found to be just common materials used by the sufferers. The claims of unknown fibers are no different than the ones of fibers passing through someone's eyeglasses. Frankly, I find these claims of unknown materials to simply state that the claimant was experienced enough to deal with the situation, or there was deceit on the part of the claimant.

What we find is that those claims have not been checked and often come from questionable sources. When material has been checked it is found to be just common materials used by the sufferers. The claims of unknown fibers are no different than the ones of fibers passing through someone's eyeglasses. Frankly, I find these claims of unknown materials to simply state that the claimant was experienced enough to deal with the situation, or there was deceit on the part of the claimant.

You have not watched the video's and listened to the people suffering. That's all that can be said. The scientists on the clips confirm it's unidentifiable.

Zoser I have had fibers in my sores. They come from my clothes. The fibers in clots are from my jeans just like the fiber clumps I find in my pant pockets. I will upload a fiber in blood clot photo shortly.

• Like 1

You have not watched the video's and listened to the people suffering. That's all that can be said. The scientists on the clips confirm it's unidentifiable.

Of course I haven't watched the videos. Sorry, but videos are for the illiterate. Suffering and testimonials is meaningless. All sorts of people suffer and often provide nothing useful to determining the disease.

Can you provide the names of the scientists and information about this issue?

• Like 1

See that reddish/brown thing sticking up. It's a fiber clump. It's an unknown fiber because I have no idea which plant fiber it is. It might be grass. It might even be a wood fiber. It's not a nylon fiber.

I have fiber in my sores and I do not have morgellons disease.

I do wish my camera would allow me to take in focus close ups.

post-93088-0-46703300-1379956432_thumb.j

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 1

These people are mentally ill.

Sufferers lobbied Congress for years to study the disease. So they did and the CDC found there was nothing physically wrong with any of the sufferers. The Mayo Clinic and the American Academy of Dermatology also did their own studies and came to the same conclusions. The AAD even recommended that dermatologists treat Morgellans sufferers with antipsychotics and that has shown to be effective.

But of course none of this mattered to the groups.

As for the GMO tie-in - well, since GMOs are vilified for everything else, sure, why not.

• Like 2

So I wasted a bunch of time listening to a stupid video. This video is summarized in the following few sentences.

1. the bulk of the video is people doing self diagnosis

2. A scientist at OSU names Randy Whymore (sp?) thinks it may be real

3. A doctor named Rhonda Casey thinks its real

4. A doctor named Vincent Delisle (sp?) does not

5. A Ron Poge from the OK crime lab got a no hit on one fiber tested

A typical almost content free video that was a waste of time to watch. Next time provide a review so save others from suffering.

And the context of the video is a request by Congress to the CDC to do a check on this disease. The CDC reported morgellons is not a new disease.

• Like 2

Edit to add

My guess is that you have been reading out of date material. I cannot imaging how you would have reached that conclusion from looking at more up to date cases.

O.K. Then where did this woman get the fibers that were tested and found not to be a match to any known fibers in the FBI's database, natural or un-natural ? Totally unknown. My guess for the response from the medical community is based on the fact it wasn't covered in medical school, therefore, it doesn't exist. Sometimes, supposed smart people can be too smart for their own good. In this case, I don't think anyone's opinion matters without data to back it up. I certainly haven't been convinced it's not a real disease. Neither was Legionaires disease (excuse the misspelling).

• Like 2

Some follow up info on the people in the video.

Mary the mom did coin the term morgellons. She went to 8 different doctors and decided the world was wrong so she invented this disease.

Here is the report from the CDC. It requires reading.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0029908

Here is another report about a Mayo study

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Dermatology/GeneralDermatology/26503

Eighty patients also brought specimens in bags, envelopes, and jars -- and only one specimen actually contained a parasite, which was identified as a pubic louse.

Wymore and Casey have been trying to claim this is a case of delusions of parasites vs morgellons. There are many other skin conditions to consider and they know that but continue to push for only 2 possibilities. Mymore admits that fibers now collected are all environmental and that he has not replicated that find that was the odd unknown fiber.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/may/07/morgellons-mysterious-illness

Next, I corner Randy Wymore. He is a slim man with a charcoal shirt, orange tie and neatly squared goatee. "We have not yet exactly replicated the exact results of the forensics people in Tulsa," he admits. So far, the laboratory has found Wymore's various morgellons fibres to be: nylon; cotton; a blond human hair; a fungal fibre; a rodent hair; and down, most likely from geese or ducks.

The fiber colors most often described by morgellon sufferers are the colors of most environmental fibers.

Morgellons sufferers and others are now blaming chemtrails, nanotechnology, HAARP and other typical CT issues for their woes.

• Like 2

O.K. Then where did this woman get the fibers that were tested and found not to be a match to any known fibers in the FBI's database, natural or un-natural ? Totally unknown. My guess for the response from the medical community is based on the fact it wasn't covered in medical school, therefore, it doesn't exist. Sometimes, supposed smart people can be too smart for their own good. In this case, I don't think anyone's opinion matters without data to back it up. I certainly haven't been convinced it's not a real disease. Neither was Legionaires disease (excuse the misspelling).

A single fiber does not a disease make. Maybe there were something on the fiber that confused the equipment. Would the equipment figure out the fiber type if I impregnated a cotton fiber with whale oil? Would the machine identify acmite? Just because the machine cannot identify something does not mean the object came from within the person.

• Like 2

Don't for God sake confuse stereologist with detail.

Edited by zoser

A single fiber does not a disease make. Maybe there were something on the fiber that confused the equipment. Would the equipment figure out the fiber type if I impregnated a cotton fiber with whale oil? Would the machine identify acmite? Just because the machine cannot identify something does not mean the object came from within the person.

So explain it then. If you can. AH said what the researchers said that the fibres are not in the database.

Over to you.

So I wasted a bunch of time listening to a stupid video. This video is summarized in the following few sentences.

1. the bulk of the video is people doing self diagnosis

2. A scientist at OSU names Randy Whymore (sp?) thinks it may be real

3. A doctor named Rhonda Casey thinks its real

4. A doctor named Vincent Delisle (sp?) does not

5. A Ron Poge from the OK crime lab got a no hit on one fiber tested

A typical almost content free video that was a waste of time to watch. Next time provide a review so save others from suffering.

And the context of the video is a request by Congress to the CDC to do a check on this disease. The CDC reported morgellons is not a new disease.

A waste of time because the conclusion did not match your pre-decided bias. If the fibre was a 'no hit' then what was it?

Try putting yourself in the position of someone suffering if you can.

Edited by zoser

Here is an excellent article.

Three weeks ago, we wrote about a “disease” known asMorgellons that very few people in the world know anything about. We placed the word disease above in quotation marks only because a large number of physicians refuse to recognize Morgellons as a medical affliction, with some even refusing to treat patients who suffer from it.

We have listened to a long litany of accounts about doctors who have literally laughed in the faces of Morgellons sufferers, male and female, young and old, with many attempting to make referrals to psychologists. Remarkably, other physicians have mounted web sites mocking and attacking people who report they have Morgellons and those who write about it. Some physicians have dubbed the disease Delusions of Parasitosis, meaning it’s all in the patient’s head. Additionally, there is a website entitled morgellonswatch.com “dedicated to examining the claims made regarding what is termed ‘Morgellons Disease’” and to preventing “sick people into thinking they may have a terrible disease.” Oddly, there are no formal individual or institutional sponsoring names identified on this site.

Despite this seemingly general stance from the “medical community” there are clear exceptions. Nearly every state across the US, and country in Europe, has at least several medical professionals who regard Morgellons as “a serious emerging infectious disease deserving study and research.” Dr. Ahmed Kilani, Laboratory Director of Clongen Laboratories, Germantown, Maryland, says, “I have personally listened to detailed descriptions of the symptoms of this disease and something has got to be done.”

Read more.........

http://www.voltairen...icle165822.html

Edited by zoser

Here's more from the above article:

These arguments fall apart quickly, however, when the fibers — and the patients — are actually examined. Morgellons fibers, when examined closely, consistently appear as autoflourescent, meaning that they exhibit a glow under ultraviolet light. Certain marine organisms, such as particular types of jellyfish, also have autofluorescent properties. One fluorescent protein, known as “green flourescent protein,” has been studied extensively in recent years as a marker in the study of gene expression; it has been successfully introduced into many bacteria and fungi, as well as into fish, plant, insect, and even human cells. Fluorescent markers, in the form of genetic modifications or dyes, are also often used to track the presence of microbes in the environment. Oil consuming microbes, for example, are often marked with the use of a fluorescent stain for monitoring purposes.

A privately funded study conducted by Dr. Hildegarde Staninger, Industrial Toxicologist & Doctor of Integrative Medicine, revealed that the fibers are able to withstand temperatures of up to 1700 degrees Fahrenheit [= 927º C] before burning, and that they do not melt. Her results indicated that the fiber’s outer casing appears to consist of high-density polyethylene fiber, an industrial material commonly used in the production of fiber optic cables. Interestingly, this material is also used in the emerging field of bionanotechnology as a compound to encapsulate a viral protein envelope. Furthermore, Staninger reported finding blue fibers that exhibited a golden tip; she believes these to be a form of nano-machinery, able to be programmed to perform specific functions.

Edited by zoser