Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Gun Law Push

Kowalski

So people who think there are certain members of society that should not be allowed to have a gun are nuts? But people who think they need a fully automatic machine gun to fend off a home intruder are completely sane? 90% of people in the NRA wouldn't be able to put the trigger if it came down to it.

• Like 1

So people who think there are certain members of society that should not be allowed to have a gun are nuts? But people who think they need a fully automatic machine gun to fend off a home intruder are completely sane? 90% of people in the NRA wouldn't be able to put the trigger if it came down to it.

they sure would and they do it almost daily, read armed citizen column. we don't need machine guns to fend off intruder, but some just like to have one. i'd like to know where you got that 90% figure, from your rear opening most likely. just to test your theory try to rob a house of an armed nra member see how long you'd last.

Edited by aztek

Another misguided person going off about gun laws they think should be implemented when they don't even know our current ones. I don't personally know anyone who has a permit to own fully automatic weapons and I'm betting you don't either. Do you know how costly it is to obtain one of these permits? Everyone saying we shouldn't own an AR-15 is nuts too. You can easily buy a 25 round mag for a semi-automatic .22 and do just as much damage.

Why are you people so scared of an AR-15? Because it's painted black and has a 6 point position stock. It's the only reason it scares people. It's pretty annoying when city people who don't hunt and don't shoot for sport sit there and live in their bubble and have no idea why we oppose more gun control

Chances are if you can afford $1,000 for an AR-15 your life isn't ****ty enough to go around shooting people with it.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2
  • Like 1

Another misguided person going off about gun laws they think should be implemented when they don't even know our current ones. I don't personally know anyone who has a permit to own fully automatic weapons and I'm betting you don't either. Do you know how costly it is to obtain one of these permits? Everyone saying we shouldn't own an AR-15 is nuts too. You can easily buy a 25 round mag for a semi-automatic .22 and do just as much damage.

Why are you people so scared of an AR-15? Because it's painted black and has a 6 point position stock. It's the only reason it scares people. It's pretty annoying when city people who don't hunt and don't shoot for sport sit there and live in their bubble and have no idea why we oppose more gun control

Chances are if you can afford $1,000 for an AR-15 your life isn't ****ty enough to around shooting people with it.

So how many people do you know personally who own a Bugatti? Does that mean they don't exist? Or does that mean that they are not built by Volkswagen?

I never said anything about not being able to own an AR-15. If I was to buy a weapon, that would be what I would purchase. Why? Because I know how to take it apart, clean it, and put it back together. But there should never be a situation where I should just be able to purchase that gun without some sort of a background check. And that last comment of yours? So ridiculous it doesn't even warrant a response.

Actually Aztek, I live in a state with very very relaxed gun laws. I can go to a gun show, buy a raffle ticket, and walk out with an assault rifle 5 minutes after they pull my ticket out of a bucket. I can also buy a gun on craigslist, from the newspaper classified ads, or from one of my work buddies and it is completely legal. Not everyone should be able to own a gun, just like not everyone should be able to drive a car. Can't put together a complete sentence? No gun for you.

Actually Aztek, I live in a state with very very relaxed gun laws. I can go to a gun show, buy a raffle ticket, and walk out with an assault rifle 5 minutes after they pull my ticket out of a bucket. I can also buy a gun on craigslist, from the newspaper classified ads, or from one of my work buddies and it is completely legal. Not everyone should be able to own a gun, just like not everyone should be able to drive a car. Can't put together a complete sentence? No gun for you.

Who in the hell are you to say who should and shouldn't be able to buy a gun? My brother is a dumbass but I trust him with a gun. My ex went to college for 6 years and is now an RN. I wouldn't trust her crazy ass with a gun around me at all.

You will never know if someone who has a clean record is p***ed off enough to get a gun and use, and guess what? Even with the gun laws you want put in place, that person would have been able to get the gun. But maybe when we can read minds before buying a gun you people will be happy.

• Like 2

Where I almost agree and am tempted to like it, except that I don't consider dyslexia an impediment to owning a gun. I am full for the second amendment, but those who area great risk for the biggest right of all (as in the priorities of the declaration of independence), the life of others, should have no gun.

My understanding is that Madison gave into pressure from southerners who wanted to be sure the Federal government did not disarm their state militias, which was the way the southern states had for suppressing slave revolts. He did not include it with the important rights of the First Amendment because he didn't think it as important.

So the reason for the amendment is long past. We also have to note that modern guns were not dreamed of back then, when it took several minutes to get off a second shot. If you want to take the amendment seriously you have to rule out modern guns from its scope and limit it to the old muskets. A second reason why the amendment is an anachronism. Of course the whole Constitution is by now an anachronism, as we see from the gridlock when President is one party and Congress or part of Congress is another. The Constitution provides no way of dealing with parties nor with this sort of gridlock, unlike most governments in the world that have Parliamentary systems.

The amendments proposed at the First Constitutional Convention were influenced by various Enlightenment thinkers.

Rousseau's idea of popular sovereignty and social contracts; Voltaire who acted as a moralist and advocate of civil liberties, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, free trade; Montesquieu and the separation of powers in the branches of government and federal feudalism - which was implemented in The United States in the angle that the people control the federal government because the federal government is composed the people; popular sovereignty. The Second Amendment was created to acknowledge the potential for every government to turn on its population, and to safeguard the natural rights of basic liberty, kind morals, the pursuit of knowledge, the ability to criticize government, religion, and philosophy, and the pursuit of changing government through a law-revering judicial system that would work with the interests of the people and work to secure their rights - but not take them away.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 1

Who in the hell are you to say who should and shouldn't be able to buy a gun? My brother is a dumbass but I trust him with a gun. My ex went to college for 6 years and is now an RN. I wouldn't trust her crazy ass with a gun around me at all.

You will never know if someone who has a clean record is p***ed off enough to get a gun and use, and guess what? Even with the gun laws you want put in place, that person would have been able to get the gun. But maybe when we can read minds before buying a gun you people will be happy.

Just like a blind person shouldn't drive, a mentally unstable person should not own a gun. The responsible thing to do is mitigate the threat.

• Like 1

Just like a blind person shouldn't drive, a mentally unstable person should not own a gun. The responsible thing to do is mitigate the threat.

i never argued that, neither does nra. i passed all my checks when got licenses and when bought guns, no objection here.

if private sales of rifles are legal in pa, than be a good sport don't sell your rifle to a braindead.

Edited by aztek

i never argued that, neither does nra. if priovate sales of rifles are legal in pa, than be a good sport don't sell your rifle to a braindead.

No, you did not, you just want to avoid that the authorities learn which nutcase has a gun, as we can deduct from your previous postings. And the NRA is against anything that helps law enforcement, including ordinances to report guns stolen from you.

No, you did not, you just want to avoid that the authorities learn which nutcase has a gun, as we can deduct from your previous postings. And the NRA is against anything that helps law enforcement, including ordinances to report guns stolen from you.

Why don't you do a search and see how many law enforcement members oppose new gun control laws. There are a few who even say if they do pass, they won't enforce them because it infringes upon citizen's rights stated in the U.S. Constitution. Some real cops there.

• Like 1

you just can't not talk crap do you?? have no problem if cops know what nut has a gun, (actually nuts should not have a gun), but they have to be sure the person is nuts in a first place.

and that reporting law, gime a break, we talked about it before. there is no need for it, if your guns stolen it is in your best interest to report it. and nra has noting against you reporting, and if someone wont report, no law will make him do it. useless law, no need for it.

btw, your deduction sucks big time, you're no Sherlock Holmes, lol, just read words as they are written, don't deduct or assume.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Why don't you do a search and see how many law enforcement members oppose new gun control laws. There are a few who even say if they do pass, they won't enforce them because it infringes upon citizen's rights stated in the U.S. Constitution. Some real cops there.

I'll take their advice as soon as they get their act together and are capable of reporting from one agency to the next that there is a loose cannon who should not have a gun. Latest example Aaron Alexis, who had been detained twice in gun related incidents. And through inaction ended up killing 12.

Until then, I'll for my own opinion, thank you.

Edited by questionmark

I'll take their advice as soon as they get their act together and are capable of reporting from one agency to the next that there is a loose cannon who should not have a gun. Latest example Aaron Alexis, who had been detained twice in gun related incidents. And through inaction ended up killing 12.

So the people should take the advice from an internet guru's opinion on gun control in mean time?

• Like 1

there you go, now you figured out the problem, they can get together s..t they have, what makes you think new crap will be any more effective??? imho, it will even more confuse them and brake those few connections they already have. welcome to reality.

Edited by aztek

So the people should take the advice from an internet guru's opinion on gun control in mean time?

No, but that some here are incapable to see the danger certain organization (in their current form) pose to a sane society won't stop me from posting my opinion. No matter with how many ad-hominems guys like you and aztec try. I am pretty insensitive to that.

WASHINGTON, September 18, 2013 — In the wake of the most recent mass shooting on American soil, the Obama Administration has announced new efforts to curb gun violence in the United States. Through Press Secretary Carney, President Obama has made it clear that new executive orders will be forthcoming.

In other news, President Obama has waived the restriction on arming terrorists with fully automatic weapons. These announcements were made hours apart.

The United States will respond to this latest national tragedy the way we always do. Those on one side will call for stricter gun control, perhaps even confiscation. Those on the other side will rally against them, sticking to the argument that guns aren’t the problem, bad people are the problem. President Obama will continue his crusade to remove military style weapons from the hands of violent members of society, and he will continue to find ways he believes will curb gun violence. Despite the fact of course that rifles make up a small fraction of weapons used during violent crimes, and this most recent shooting event took place with a shotgun and two handguns.

Read more: http://communities.w.../#ixzz2fk68q9ag

Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

111=isnt-it-odd-that-obama-gives-guns-to-syrian-islamists-and-mexican-drug-cartels-while-trying-to-take-them-away-from-american-citizens.jpg

obama_arming_syrian_terrorists_but_want_to_disarm_americans.jpg?w=500&h=270

If you are a law abiding gun owner, you don’t need anyone to convince you that the United States of America is safer with a gun in your hand than it is when al-Qaeda is armed. That should be common sense. But when you hear in the next months about the new gun control pushes that will inevitably come, remember that the elected officials trying to disarm you actually voted to arm Islamic extremists. And they didn’t even bat an eyelash.

Read more: http://www.ammoland..../#ixzz2fk8ZEg9l

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

​If you can't see the hypocrisy in this, you are brain dead.......

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 4

No, but that some here are incapable to see the danger certain organization (in their current form) pose to a sane society won't stop me from posting my opinion. No matter with how many ad-hominems guys like you and aztec try. I am pretty insensitive to that.

do you really think i try to change your opinion?? lol. why? i sad many times, you do more good for nra, and pro gun movement the way you are, than if you changed it. don't ever change. and please post, as much as you can, you have no idea how helpful it is to nra.

btw my name is aztek with a k, aztec with a c was taken, lets not refer to me by someone else's name, he\she might be offended.

Edited by aztek