Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian killed in Nairobi mall

Black Red Devil

• At least 68 dead
  • Final assault to free hostages

An Australian citizen is dead and two others have told of lucky escapes after a Kenyan shopping mall bloodbath at the hands of heavily armed Islamist terrorists.

He heard the guns firing and he knew exactly what it was and he said, ‘We’re under attack, everybody to the back of the room'.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has confirmed a dual Australian-UK national is among the victims of the attack on an up-market Nairobi shopping mall.

The assault by Kenyan forces began shortly before sundown, about 30 hours after 10 to 15 al-Shabab militants stormed the crowded shopping mall. The terrorists threw grenades and fired on civilians, killing at least 68 and wounding 205 in one of the most chilling terrorist attacks in East Africa since al-Qaeda blew up two US embassies in 1998.

Parents hurled their bodies over their children, people jumped into ventilation shafts to save themselves and shoppers huddled behind plastic mannequins as two squads of gunmen, believed to be linked to a Somalian terrorist group, moved through the mall, shooting shoppers in the head.

Crazy world!!

:no:

• Like 1

God help them. This is horrible. These terrorist are sick and should be put in an island to rot! Bless their souls.

• Like 1

I've been hearing stories of how they initially let Muslims go free. They only wanted to kill infidels - people of the book... I guess these 62 didn't pay the jizyah or repent.

• Like 2

Hmm... wonder if Obama was the ones who sold the guns to them.

I am always sorry to hear news like this but what if... as many Australians carried concealed weapons as we do in America? This could have been avoided.

Probably, because everyone knows that Obama himself is selling weapons to all terrorists in the whole wide world.

This happened in Kenya, not Australia. Have you been following the news? We are talking about up to 10 attackers. And not even trained law enforcement officers and the military could stop them. But you think that civilians with handguns could stop them? And that all this could have been prevented with lax gun laws? I see that as disrespectful, as in "it's your own fault, guys".

Edit: Nevermind. It's not much worth discussing this anyway. Woulda coulda shoulda. I feel sorry for the dead and their families and friends.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

I am always sorry to hear news like this but what if... as many Australians carried concealed weapons as we do in America? This could have been avoided.

This would have to be one of the dumbest things I have read. How on earth is Australians carrying concealed weapons going to prevent a massacre in another country, this happened in Kenyan not Australia.

• Like 2

This happened in Kenya, not Australia.

And the fact that most mass shootings in America occur without return fire from the victims doesn't lend your theory much weight.

• Like 2

The siege is still happening now, the current toll is 68 dead - this is just horrible. BTW, 3 are Kenyan military, ARMED Kenyan military who have been shooting it out with these terrorists to free hostages and to end this thing.

I cannot comprehend the mindset of these people, simply horrible and sad :cry:

• Like 2

This would have to be one of the dumbest things I have read. How on earth is Australians carrying concealed weapons going to prevent a massacre in another country, this happened in Kenyan not Australia.

Right wing gun pushers don't have much brain activity, be patient with them.

2 Canadians killed as well and there is talk that one of the terrorists may be Canadian and possibly 2 Americans in the mix. Unconfirmed of course.

One of the stories coming from witnesses was that the killers were asking people to name the Prophet Mohammed's mothers name or die. Considering most Kenyans are Christians, many were executed because they didn't know the answer.