Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I hate my crappy job!

Only_

Here is a thread to complaint about your crappy job!!

Working in a fast food and hate it, I wish I could get a better job but they're not easy to find and I am no doubt not the best candidate!!

Are you in that situation and

How do you survive a crappy job???

Edited by Taridb

I used to work at a Subway years ago. Comparing to my retail job now, it pales in comparison. Move out when you get the chance. Trust me.

Edited by Orcseeker

My current job I dont hate. But when i worked at WalMart it ****en sucked

• Like 1

I used to work at a Subway years ago. Comparing to my retail job now, it pales in comparison. Move out when you get the chance. Trust me.

In what kind of retail job if I may? Do you work on a shop floor or a general store in the sell department?

I would like that kind of job, it seems more gratifying. I applied at one but I didn't get the job, I have no experience in retail and doubtless it has played against me.

Edited by Taridb

Worst Jobs So Far -

6. Popeyes - 17yrs old First Job, wasn't so bad as far as the actual work. The annoying people who ran the place is another story. One day I quit during my lunch and never went back. (7 Months) They paid me every Monday, which was a big deal to me at the time.

5. Candle Factory - 1 Day. I quit because although the job was simple, it felt like a union type thing. I'm not even white, I'm hispanic/Filipino but they all looked at me as if saying, "Are you kidding me?" And completely made me feel like an Alien or a "Gringo" in the mexican (Texas) dominated factory. In other words, I felt discriminated! If looks could kill..well, you know...

4. Loves TruckStop - Not all truckers are disgusting as the stereotype might suggest, but some are...hence the stereotype hehe. The clients weren't that bad, although yes, some were. Very scary as a matter of fact! What drove me to quit was an annoying manager whom I literally stranded at the register by clocking out and quitting on the spot. I was happy to leave it, but sad that I acted so unprofessional...they had it coming.

3. Texas Workforce Building as an Assistant - My Supervisor was a wreck! She was a tyrant looking for any excuse to blow up at us and did she ever. Prior to my contract expiring we had an all out shouting match. She was going through personal issues at home ( I can understand and forgive them now) and one morning I ended up being the lucky victim. Other than that Devil in Heels, what made things difficult was unemployed people asking me to fill out applications for them. You could cut the tension with a knife there. When asked to resign, I politely said no and went back to Starbucks.

2. Starbucks - This is my current job, but I had actually quit at one location where I couldn't stand my boss or the staff really. I seriously felt like Cealy from The Color Purple. I was the go to person for everything and my boss still would take me to the back, stare me down silently for 5 minutes and then tell me where I needed more work. The location I work at now is heaven compared to that one. I've become friends with most of the people there and even though it gets stressful at times, it's worth it. I recommend this to college students like myself or anyone who has a passion for that kind of business. They're not always 100% fair, but the good outweighs the bad IMO.

1. The absolute worst job I've ever had was working for a call center called Convergys. It's self explanatory I think. A land where we hear people complain about their internet, phone and cable. Where you walk in happy and leave angry. I thought I wouldn't make it past training, but then I saw the social butterflies drop like flies as the weeks went on. Eventually, I just couldn't hack it and never went back.

Edit for Honorable Mentions - WalMart sucks! And a little department store called Factory 2 U where I worked unloading trucks and merchandise.

Edited by Ever After

Start your own business. It may take a while to build but even the initial stages are rewarding. Quit making other people money and navigate the whole course of your life as the captain. Money isnt everything but you need it to survive and you can definitely do that while dping what it is that you truly love. Flip the bird to the system!

;)

If you are in the US I know the small business association has free classes and seminars that can help ypu understand the laws and what you need to do to get started.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

In what kind of retail job if I may? Do you work on a shop floor or a general store in the sell department?

I would like that kind of job, it seems more gratifying. I applied at one but I didn't get the job, I have no experience in retail and doubtless it has played against me.

I work at an Officeworks. A office supplies retailer here in Australia. I work on the shop floor helping anyone out. We sell anything an office would need from furniture to biscuits.

I'm primarily in the tech area and I like helping people out on their problems. Unlike fast food, you are able to go that little bit extra to help someone. A customer brought me in a scratchie a couple weeks ago and another customer wrote a commendation last week. It just really shows youre making a bit of a positive impact on their lives, even be it just a day. So in that aspect, quite gratifying.

I'm also a student and the pay here is great for someone like me.

This was my second job and I owe it to a friend who works there. She's a great worker there and it makes that big of a difference. I went to the top of the list before I even walked in. If you can, trust following that route.

I used to split wood in 100+ degree weather for 5 hours a day using nothing but an ax.

I LOVED IT

• Like 1

I used to be a bellman for a hotel. I hated it. And dealing with the public at this job was very uninteresting to me. People would ask me the same questions a lot, such as "Where do I get bell service? Where do I check in? Where's the pool? Where's the restaurant? Where's the restrooms? Where do I park my car?"

Yeah, it was "where? where? where?" over and over again. I hated it!

I use to be a sells person for an eletronic store. We had a new General Manager for our store and he tormented and killed moral in the store. It grew so bad that a lot of employees had quit. Before my new General Manager came to the store, we had about 30ish veterans who had worked at the store for over five years. After the GM left, we only hand 5.

How bad was he?

*He would stand next to you as you sell the a customer, he then would try and make a customer who just wants a basic 32" tv buy a 3 thousand dollar 65" tv. When he lost the sale he would try and write you up for not getting the sale (which is against company policy).

*He would change your schedules the night before and tried to write you up. Policy stands that if you changed schedule 24 hours or less and did not ask permission from the assoicate, that assoicate is not accountable. In the end, every assoicate would keep a print out of a schedule to prove it was changed,

*When you had a legit issue with a customer, supervisior or manager, he would walk away when you are telling him. I had a manager made sexual jokes about my sex life infront of 5 other employees and when i asked him to stop he slapped my ass and refered to me as the female dog of the relationship. This is a fireable offense and when I told my gm, he put his hand on my shoulder and said "Not my problem".

*He would write up assoicates for policy that doesn't exsist. He wrote up a female employee for asking a question during a meeting on why they changing the customer service return policy. she wasn't rude and it was a big concern since the company was merging 3 areas into one.

*he would lie to customers about company policies, it was weird, sometimes he make pathetic excepts on returns, like one guy returned a tv that was smashed and you can tell it a wii remote hit the screen. The TV was purchased a year ago so it was out of policy and then there was another time told a lady that she only had a week to return a 30 buck power cord which was really 30 days.

*we were the top 100 store in the company, when he came we were the last, rank 1345.

*Two of the most veteran sups quit, he transfered in his wifes best friends and her husband as full time and part time, in a few days instantly promoted them. THe thing was, when they both came to the store, both of them told us they going to be sups.

*He would use money we didn't have to do BBQs to bribe employees moral, which failed and made people more miserable.

The list goes on. Reason why i wasn't fired because I am very strict with company policy and I would challenge him openly about him breaking policy and I am pretty well known by the district staff that would visit the store weekly.

Every day off, i went to about 5 interviews or i be filling out applications or thank you letters but i couldn't just quit since i have bills and family to look at. Some jobs were too far to drive, or they wanted to give less money than they offered or they just plainly refused the position.

Now, You be asking, why wasn't he fired, why didn't you talk to district or HR. We did, I literally filed over 60 complaints about him a lone. We had round tables, where district managers would come in and a random group of employees would talk about how our store is going. I sat over the six next months in about twelve of them.

Finally, corperate came in and i tell you what, They asked the same questions that the district managers asked so I stood up and said "Can i ask you something, did you ever read the previous round table comments we had?" They gave a blank, deer in the headlights look and said no. I continued in a dull dead voice (so i was told) "You are asking the same bloody questions that we were asked over the last six months and nothing happened except good people quit. I lost so many coworkers because you did nothing until now". I got a appualse from my coworkers. The corperate employees couldn't answer me, they tried but when they started to talk they stopped after saying one word and a few minutes later, they said let's talk about that later.

After the meeting i was asked to stay behind. They asked me a series of questions about myself, my store, my managers, my sups, my GM personal life and finally, what do i want, i said a new GM. they said thank you.

The next day I came in the store, assoicates were smiling. We found out the GM went on a vacation for six months and we will get a replacement. The new Gm was much better, she fixed all the issues, minor at first but then worked on the bigger. The finally announcement happened, The GM quit.

Truth was, the GM had some connections and that why he wasn't fired. Since he had too many complaints, since his store was at the bottom for six months, Since the store employees had the highest quit number over the shortest time, Corperate couldn't ignore it.

I stayed on, got promoted to a great position and now work in inventory counts.

So moral of the story, sometimes, sticking to your rights, fighting for what you believe in works in the end... unless you work at walmart... then get another job.

Usually people that are in charge are full with complexes, and there using the job title to feel superior, and making your job miserable.

I never let someone push me around, i do my best at work always and if something is not in my job description i will not do it....its that simple. Yes maybe you will be fired maybe not anyway there are lot of employers that will respect your work ethics and will want to employ you.

But no mater what kind of job you will find, if you lazy ass **** there will be no job enough for you.

ah memories .. of some of the jobs i've done.

Filling train cars with bound Christmas trees ... one at a time.

Piling 35 pound boxes of big cans of cherries onto pallets.. for 12 hours a night!

Stacking steaming hot, fresh from the dryer, strips of wood veneer. ...( sort of like trying to stack potato chips )

Mowing grass for about five hours for one dollar ... and a cookie!

Picking cherries for a Week.. and earning five dollars and twenty five cents! <winner?

• Like 1

Usually people that are in charge are full with complexes, and there using the job title to feel superior, and making your job miserable.

I never let someone push me around, i do my best at work always and if something is not in my job description i will not do it....its that simple. Yes maybe you will be fired maybe not anyway there are lot of employers that will respect your work ethics and will want to employ you.

I disagree with what you say entirely. People in charge are "usually" not like that. Sometimes they are. Usually they just want things to run as smoothly as possible.

I think you can get further if you do the little things that are not in your job description. I worked at Pizza Hut years ago. Before going home, I had to clean the kitchen, the dishwasher had to finish the dishes and the wait staff had to clean the dining room. If I got done first, I would help them get done so they could leave too. If a delivery driver was still out and a pie needed delivered, I would take it. I moved up to assistant manager before I left.

Currently, I manage the purchasing for 5 large plants. I started at this company 13 years ago in their spare parts room. I moved up by doing the little things I did not have to do.