Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China wants 5% of Ukraines land

Big Bad Voodoo

Well, as long as they want to pay a reasonable rate for doing so, rather than taking it over by force ..

Does it mean that it would actually become Chinese territory? That might make for an interesting kettle of fish. :su

• Like 1

And so it begins.

Next they'll want 5% of Australia's mineral wealth.

Hey...we live in Capitalism, dont we?

Big Bad Voodoo

They need to stop making babies and free land they illegally occupy (i.e.Tibet and Xinjiang).

They stoped. And if others countries gave up theirs illegally occupied territories then China will too.

Big Bad Voodoo

edit: When China occupied Tibet?

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

They stoped. And if others countries gave up theirs illegally occupied territories then China will too.

Big Bad Voodoo

edit: When China occupied Tibet?

Well according to your article they haven't stopped enough, have they? Add that 60% of the population in China lives under the poverty line and there you have it. The communist party in China is a self regulated capitalist dictatorship, hell bent on fulfilling it's power hungry ego at the expense of anyone or anything that gets in its way. The only reason it has had a dream economical run in the last decade or so (only for the selected party members) is because it has usurped the majority of it's population into poverty through slave labor.

The fact there are other illegal occupations and oppressions in the world doesn't justify Chinese occupation of Tibet.

Edited by Black Red Devil

Well according to your article they haven't stopped enough, have they? Add that 60% of the population in China lives under the poverty line and there you have it. The communist party in China is a self regulated capitalist dictatorship, hell bent on fulfilling it's power hungry ego at the expense of anyone or anything that gets in its way.

The fact there are other illegal occupations and oppressions in the world doesn't justify Chinese occupation of Tibet.

Sure, but we dont see in media how Israel need to return land to Palestinians or Brittish to Argentinians. Wheel of time cant be turn backward, Otherwise you will need to abandon Sydney.

My advice to you to google BRIC. If you dont understand it, I will gladly explain it to you.

So yes they are politcly Communists and economicly Capitalists. But we dont discuss about democracy, or we do?

Sure, but we dont see in media how Israel need to return land to Palestinians or Brittish to Argentinians. Wheel of time cant be turn backward, Otherwise you will need to abandon Sydney.

My advice to you to google BRIC. If you dont understand it, I will gladly explain it to you.

So yes they are politcly Communists and economicly Capitalists. But we dont discuss about democracy, or we do?

Oh OK, please explain BRICS to me, LOLOL. The occupation of Tibet happened in 1951, not 2000 or 200 years ago but, overall, I agree "partially" with your point. If injustices, occupations and oppressions have happened in the past, why should we pick on China? My problem is the CURRENT ethnic cleansing that is occurring due to the occupation. In your opinion we should just ignore this, shrug our shoulders and say, "this has happened in the past, so what?" Don't think so.

Oh OK, please explain BRICS to me, LOLOL. The occupation of Tibet happened in 1951, not 2000 or 200 years ago but, overall, I agree "partially" with your point. If injustices, occupations and oppressions have happened in the past, why should we pick on China? My problem is the CURRENT ethnic cleansing that is occurring due to the occupation. In your opinion we should just ignore this, shrug our shoulders and say, "this has happened in the past, so what?" Don't think so.

Then if you know about BRICs you shouldnt wrote non senses. Like poverty. In China middle class is strong and wide spread. Numbers of millionaires increases. Savings increases.

Im not aware of current ethnic cleansing.

Big Bad Voodoo

Somehow your rationality is missing some logical connections. People in Gibraltar aren't being ethnic cleansed and have voted to stay under Britain. Same with the Falklands.

Next?

Lol.

Big Bad Voodoo

Then if you know about BRICs you shouldnt wrote non senses. Like poverty. In China middle class is strong and wide spread. Numbers of millionaires increases. Savings increases.

Im not aware of current ethnic cleansing.

Big Bad Voodoo

I'm writing nonsense?? What planet have you landed on lately, LOL? I pointed out to you that over 60% are living under the poverty line. You know how much that is? $1.25 a day (World Bank estimation). A large percentage of the remaining 40% are just over the poverty line. In summary, there is no "middle class" in China. The rich are super rich (communist party members no doubt) and then there are the poor.

Here about Tibet. Inform yourself before spouting nonsense.

:lol: I can see I'm wasting my time. Bye bye...

Yes you cant sell your anti China propaganda here because there are people who knows other side. Not just Anglosaxon side of story.

Voodoo

Yes you cant sell your anti China propaganda here because there are people who knows other side. Not just Anglosaxon side of story.

Voodoo

Whatever you say tovarisch. Obviously those people that know "other side" must also know that the World Bank shows China is 92nd in the world for GPD (PPP)? Ahhh, such richness all around.....

Edited by Black Red Devil

Whatever you say tovarisch. Obviously those people that know "other side" must also know that the World Bank shows China is 92nd in the world for GPD (PPP)? Ahhh, such richness all around.....

It is certainly a strange one...i've seen quite a few reports that put China's middle class at 300 million strong. But a joint income of 25k a yr puts you in the middle class category there....that's not much above the bread line in most other countries. How 25k a yr equates to real standard of living over there though I wouldn't know!

What you obviously dont know is that GDP isnt ultimate messure. You can produce alarm systems, guns, jail service and security service which goes into GDP yet that isnt good thing. Because you live in state where is higher crime rate. GDP dont exclude amortization. Which is very important. GDP dont include volunteering. GDP doesnt exclude pollution. For example Australia may mine and export uranium and that will be included into GDP but what is not excluded how much harm is done to Australia. etc.

In Economy we tend to look in different types of messures to conclude is country growing or falling. GDP is just like satelite image which show basics of state economy.

For example savings play key role in predicting about future of one state. etc.

Voodoo

edit: Reason why we dont exclude amortization because its hard to calculated it. But we have that messure aswell. Others things I touched are still problem. Like ecocide.

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

It is certainly a strange one...i've seen quite a few reports that put China's middle class at 300 million strong. But a joint income of 25k a yr puts you in the middle class category there....that's not much above the bread line in most other countries. How 25k a yr equates to real standard of living over there though I wouldn't know!

Perhaps prices are lower. To me its even bizzare to argue is China growing. All data show that they are growing at rate that Economist think that they will soon have Economic break down. There are six theories why we have crysis. One, which is quite interesting say that (right) investments creates production, production creates investments, and all around until they reach point where they cant expand any further. Then comes decline period. Lower production lower investments. Supplies accumulating. People loose jobs. Purchasing power become weaker. Investments stops. People spent savings which effect future generations. Even go in debt. Its like wheel which climbs until starts to fall.

If you want extended answer I will gladly provided one.

Voodoo

Perhaps prices are lower. To me its even bizzare to argue is China growing. All data show that they are growing at rate that Economist think that they will soon have Economic break down. There are six theories why we have crysis. One, which is quite interesting say that (right) investments creates production, production creates investments, and all around until they reach point where they cant expand any further. Then comes decline period. Lower production lower investments. Supplies accumulating. People loose jobs. Purchasing power become weaker. Investments stops. People spent savings which effect future generations. Even go in debt. Its like wheel which climbs until starts to fall.

If you want extended answer I will gladly provided one.

Voodoo

One reason as to why production would slow is that they make a hell of a lot of complete and utter rubbish, which has a minimal shelf life in terms of consumer interest. If people want a well engineered/produced good/s they look at German made products....that leaves China being king of the novelty factor market, which has about as much life as the components they use in the electrical products they make.

• Like 1

One reason as to why production would slow is that they make a hell of a lot of complete and utter rubbish, which has a minimal shelf life in terms of consumer interest. If people want a well engineered/produced good/s they look at German made products....that leaves China being king of the novelty factor market, which has about as much life as the components they use in the electrical products they make.

For example when you choose to compare it with Germany, which have one of strongest economies in the world. Recently, Germany protected their products of solar cells which they invested quite a lot and which they produce in big numbers. They are among biggest exporters of renewable energy products. They decided not to bring quote or higher customs on foreign solar cells but to banned import of foreign solar cells. Why? Well Germany actually announced economic war to China. Because they made same quality but with lower prices. How come? Because Chinese goverment invests a lot into renewable energy products by giving free land for industry and giving financial stimulus to companies which decided to produce it. Otherwise their product would be higher price because of transportation. With that Germany cant fight. So they banned it. They cant give free land and money to their companies. What also makes Chinese product cheaper in general is their efficency.Anyway Germany choose messure which are not popular and often, by many economists, are consider anti productive. Same as France decided that when they will rejuvenate their Goverment cars/parking lot that they will only seek offerings of French car industry. Citroen, Peugeot. History of economy teach us, in the case of solar cells and Germany, that young industry cant be protected by prohibitive taxes but with financial stimulus. Economy teach us that young industries who are been protected stay protected during long period. Ignoring others laws of economy which your countryman Ricardo proposed long time ago. That industry must feel free market- best thing for country is produce services and products which can easily make and import goods and services which are hard and expensive to produce. Its in your interests to buy cheaper. We will see what Germany planed with this economic war with China. My guess is to save working places and to resist one period untill China decide to stop invest into solar cells.

Voodoo

For example when you choose to compare it with Germany, which have one of strongest economies in the world. Recently, Germany protected their products of solar cells which they invested quite a lot and which they produce in big numbers. They are among biggest exporters of renewable energy products. They decided not to bring quote or higher customs on foreign solar cells but to banned import of foreign solar cells. Why? Well Germany actually announced economic war to China. Because they made same quality but with lower prices. How come? Because Chinese goverment invests a lot into renewable energy products by giving free land for industry and giving financial stimulus to companies which decided to produce it.

Yeah. because the chinese govt. is so concerned about CO2 emissions and global pollution, aren't they.

i mean, look, they're top of the list!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions