Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Pyramid Found 130ft Under Sea Near Azores

Scott Creighton

Assumptions aside, since I'll wait to see if anything pans out regarding this, the bigger question IMO is why doesn't an area that's alleged to be only 100 meters below sea level show up on any bathymetric maps in or around this location? The highest point between Terceira and Sao Miguel is the Dom Joao de Castro Reef and it's still 1400+ feet below sea level.

cormac

Additionally Terceira is of volcanic origin wit most of its coast formed just ~15,000 years ago over the Terceira rift dating from ongoing eruptions that lasted about 14,000 years. It is highly improbable that anything was built around the same period there unless the builders had a very strong death wish.

Seems rather odd to me that something under water for that long would still have razor sharp corners... Either man made or natural - just seems like erosion would have 'smoothed' it some...

Unless someone can explain that... I smell fake...

• Like 1

Even the terrain underlying the pyramid appears to be made up of straight lines and sharp corners. many of these corners align themselves with the corners of the of the 'pyramid'. This seems to be how the display renders what could be more natural appearing shapes. Either that, or the area around the 'pyramid' actually has such shapes, which appear quite unnatural. The site should be examined with other bottom sounding equipment to confirm or deny the existence of these unusual shapes.

The appearance of this uncharted feature, so near the surface, suggests the possibility of a quickly growing volcanic mound. That is far from impossible, especially considering the volcanic status of the Azores Islands.

Edited by bison

So it's at a depth of 40m.. Yet the structure is said to be 60m high...

Yeh... sticking out at the top...

Well, evidently what they mean is that the summit of the pyramid is 40 meters under water, which right away begs a new question: given the known sonar measurement methods plus the deflection of angular objects: How could they measure the depth so exactly?

• Like 1

Here is a screen capture from near the end of the youtube video. It appears to be much deeper then 40 meters and taller then 60 meters.

post-26883-0-29356400-1380140249_thumb.j

EDIT: OH! Unless those numbers are in Feet?? But, why would someone from Europe use feet instead of meters on their sonar readout? Wouldn't that just confuse him?

Edited by DieChecker

I guess,they were on previous cycle of civilization, learning, spiritual attainment.

Here we are in another round , but gaining less spiritual attainment compared to them. May be Allah was near to them, heaven was here, and talked with Allah because he is near to them, 'dine with ' them.

Most probably these pyramids were built by black hands, because Allah was black on that cycle of civilization.

I guess,they were on previous cycle of civilization, learning, spiritual attainment.

Here we are in another round , but gaining less spiritual attainment compared to them. May be Allah was near to them, heaven was here, and talked with Allah because he is near to them, 'dine with ' them.

Most probably these pyramids were built by black hands, because Allah was black on that cycle of civilization.

And....some reasoning for this "Previous Cycle" ?? Any traces? Any records? Any remains?

For every new age hooey, the tags "learning", "Spiritual" are easily affixed.

So now, you have given Allah a color too!

And ...what would the reason/evidence to give Allah color?

• Like 1

Here is a screen capture from near the end of the youtube video. It appears to be much deeper then 40 meters and taller then 60 meters.

post-26883-0-29356400-1380140249_thumb.j

EDIT: OH! Unless those numbers are in Feet?? But, why would someone from Europe use feet instead of meters on their sonar readout? Wouldn't that just confuse him?

No, the much more interesting question is: why are there no spurious signals in that sonar image? You know, like soft edges?

Like on this sonar image from the Titanic:

TitanicSonar2.jpg

No, the much more interesting question is: why are there no spurious signals in that sonar image? You know, like soft edges?

Like on this sonar image from the Titanic:

It could very easily be something that someone made in a CAD program. All there are is lines and numbers....

I wonder where the images he was showing actually came from? Are they downloaded from a sonar device, or are they a recreation?

Unless this fellow was over the same spot showing in real time what is on his scope, he's possibly putting out a hoax. My vote is Hoax.

• Like 2

It could very easily be something that someone made in a CAD program. All there are is lines and numbers....

I wonder where the images he was showing actually came from? Are they downloaded from a sonar device, or are they a recreation?

Unless this fellow was over the same spot showing in real time what is on his scope, he's possibly putting out a hoax. My vote is Hoax.

much more likely something like DSmax or gmax, both used to create animations and computer game objects.

Interesting. all they have to do now is go down and confirm if its man made or natural. but most of the times you never learn what it is as these stories tend to disappear as quick as they appeared. :unsure2:

I nice ploy by a tourist boat operator to drum up a bit more business - "We have discovered a pyramid of Atlantis - only 1000 euros pp for a day tour and dive."

• Like 2

Hi Spartan

Still you didn't recognize 'any traces ' of 'lost paradise ' on the earth? What about those undecayed bodies of men , trees, around continent Antartica , siberia carbon-dated more than 30 thousand years.

Hi Spartan

Still you didn't recognize 'any traces ' of 'lost paradise ' on the earth? What about those undecayed bodies of men , trees, around continent Antartica , siberia carbon-dated more than 30 thousand years.

And where exactly is this "continent Antarctica"? If I may ask?

I was asking: exactly, as you seem certain that on the "continent" some things were found. That could have also been on the ice shelf, whereby they could have gotten there by a way other than originating from there.

Look to me like it is somekind of sonar / gps device.

You might be in luck. Graham Hancock is planning a dive down to the structure:

SC

Because the idea of seeing Giorgio Tsoukalos or David Hatcher Childress in a wet suit is more than I can handle!