Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does the Shape of Food Influence Taste?

Leonardo

Some chocolate lovers say Dairy Milk tastes different since its shape was changed but Cadbury insists the recipe is the same. So can the shape of chocolate change its taste?

It's one of the nation's favourite chocolate bars, so changing anything about Dairy Milk is always going to ruffle a few feathers.

source

I suppose it makes sense for foods such as chocolate, where taste is derived from the melting of the food in the mouth, but it would be interesting to know if the shape of other foods affects taste, due to our expectation based on memory.

Whatever the answer however, the people at Cadbury should know better than to mess with our chocolate! <_<

Edited by Leonardo

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leonardo

• BiffSplitkins

• Still Waters

• spartan max2

of course it does.

Everyone knows triangle pizza taste better then square pizza

• Like 1

As far as a bar of chocolate goes - I don't think changing its shape makes it taste any different, but what I do find is that usually a change of shape comes with a sneaky reduced sized bar! So you're getting less chocolate for the same price tag.

Well, personally I don't like my chicken nuggets shaped like this....

4086954217_35593546c4.jpg

Easter eggs taste better then normal chocolate. lol

A bar changing shape shouldn't effect the taste unless how it was made has changed.

The article talks about surface area and rapid release of molecules so it might be possible.