Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ATF misplaced 420 million cigarettes in sting

aztek

WASHINGTON (AP) — Government agents acting without authorization conducted dozens of undercover investigations of illegal tobacco sales, misused some of $162 million in profits from the stings and lost track of at least 420 million cigarettes, the Justice Department's inspector general said Wednesday.

In one case, agents for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives sold $15 million in cigarettes and later turned over $4.9 million in profits from the sales to a confidential informant — even though the agency did not properly account for the transaction.

http://news.yahoo.co...--politics.html

WTF is ATF is doing, first FF now this. i wonder did they and informant especially paid taxes? that is no gvmt, that is mafia. and they talk sht about other countries gvmnts.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

And you act as if you are surprised...all the departments are thugs and crooks...

Drug sales, human trafficking, weapons sales, assassins...name your poison and someone in GOV will hook you up...for a "confidential fee" of course.

Anyone recall the Iran-Contra show?....

Nothing these people do shocks me anymore...

Obama_fund_alqueda_zps09c7839c.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome to the United States of Amerika.

Where the IRS loses millions of dollar and the ATF misplaces millions of death sticks.

• Like 1

I would grow my own if it did not take so much space to support my own habit :-(

The irony of the number 420 in a story about the one of two things people want to smoke that government lets us smoke, the thing that puts over 400,000 Americans in the ground every year, is just too rich.

• Like 2

WASHINGTON (AP) — Government agents acting without authorization conducted dozens of undercover investigations of illegal tobacco sales, misused some of $162 million in profits from the stings and lost track of at least 420 million cigarettes, the Justice Department's inspector general said Wednesday.

In one case, agents for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives sold $15 million in cigarettes and later turned over $4.9 million in profits from the sales to a confidential informant — even though the agency did not properly account for the transaction.

http://news.yahoo.co...--politics.html

WTF is ATF is doing, first FF now this. i wonder did they and informant especially paid taxes? that is no gvmt, that is mafia. and they talk sht about other countries gvmnts.

ATF should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

• Like 1

How in the heck does one misplace a couple million cartons of smokes? That's gotta be a truck or two full of the things.

No problem for the ATF, they probably sold them to the Mexicans instead of guns :innocent:

• Like 1

Ooooh man! That's a lot of smokes!!! scared0015.gif

Good thing I quit about two years ago though, I probably would have cried over this. :D

How in the heck does one misplace a couple million cartons of smokes? That's gotta be a truck or two full of the things.

Obviously been stolen and sold on black market by corrupt agents.

• Like 2

One way would be to SELL those cartons, case at a time, on the black market. Just a possibility.

they don't even need to do that, all they need is to sell them to legit stores, no one would refuse such deal with ATF agents. no matter the terms.

there isn't really a black market for cigs. there are few ppl buying in states with low cig tax (VA) and selling in high tax place (NYC), for less than stores sell. but other than that there is no black market for cigs.

Edited by aztek

they don't even need to do that, all they need is to sell them to legit stores, no one would refuse such deal with ATF agents. no matter the terms.

there isn't really a black market for cigs. there are few ppl buying in states with low cig tax (VA) and selling in high tax place (NYC), for less than stores sell. but other than that there is no black market for cigs.

What you describe IS a black market, in this case created by the excessive taxes in certain jurisdictions as you mention.

Prohibition is not the only thing that can create a black market. Poor and excessive taxing schemes can do it too.

Ha Ha fantastic...I love this sort of thread as again it shows how stupid people are. Do they really believe that they've been misplace! can you imagine the conversation '' well sir it's like this.....we put them in the warehouse and it's sort of....well Fred had the key's n when we went back the door was open and the ciggs where gone'' Boss: '' any clues to who did it son???'' '' No sir not a clue sir'' Boss: ''well i guess these things happen son..........dismissed''

''Sir yes sir''

One final thing sir it's Freds leaving party tonight apparently his numbers came up on the state lottery, any chance we can get off early to see him off sir?''

Boss: '' Course son just make sure the paper work on those cigarettes is done before you go''

Ha ha all we need now if for them to come out and admit to the multitude of alien evidence they have only to find out they've misplaced it lol

Truly magnificent