Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO shapes becoming more contemporary?

I want to see

Hello all,

Is it just me or does the modern day UFO sighting generally fall into more 'contemporary' in style and design, where as the early sighting through the UFO flap of the 1950's tended to conform more to the 'George Adamski' style of flying saucer, lid of the pot sort of vehicle.

It seems that Black Triangles are the flavour of the last 20 years and the traditional 'saucer' shape UFO does seem to be less and less common.

Just as we modernise & change styles of the cars we drive, have our alien visitors been updating the fleet as well?

Or does this lend more substance to the likelihood that these are all man-made flying objects and we are simply evolving our designs, much like the mighty Automobile?

Anyone got any ideas?

• Like 1

The shapes of UFOs has always been diverse.

Its just that popular shapes get reported in popular Media. Then there are people who want E.T. here so the Mythos goes, Disks, Triangles, Cresants, and Cigars are spaceships and small spheres Etc. are probes! (or Ghosts lol!)

• Like 1

Hello all,

Is it just me or does the modern day UFO sighting generally fall into more 'contemporary' in style and design, where as the early sighting through the UFO flap of the 1950's tended to conform more to the 'George Adamski' style of flying saucer, lid of the pot sort of vehicle.

It seems that Black Triangles are the flavour of the last 20 years and the traditional 'saucer' shape UFO does seem to be less and less common.

Just as we modernise & change styles of the cars we drive, have our alien visitors been updating the fleet as well?

Or does this lend more substance to the likelihood that these are all man-made flying objects and we are simply evolving our designs, much like the mighty Automobile?

Anyone got any ideas?

Most sightings I seem to read about/hear of, are simply bright lights in the sky, so how can any shape be determined? But modern tech has of course taken some of our own craft into the triangular style, or delta wing shaped, which has no doubt been mis-identified as ufo sometimes

But to answer your question 'as if' its really going on, then NO I dont see why alleged aliens would have to refine their craft. if youre super advanced to start with, youd have gone thru all the design phases long ago.

Vulcan.delta.arp.jpg

• Like 1

No ufo crashes lately. I havent heard so anyway . However team USA sure transformed yacht racing today lol. Makes me laugh' they applied stabiliser technology to their craft...brilliant...http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/19112370/americas-cup-live-updates-team-nz-v-oracle-race-19/latest/1380144179761-a27538ed-5399-4924-b4f0-35bb1aec2746/#

Why would an 'alien' life form travel around in any shaped craft at all, it matters not a jot in space afterall?

In a gravity maybe, but just how many planets out there have a gravity thick enough to worry 'alien' craft?

This is what Kenneth Arnold saw,but what he said made people think saucer.So when people throw a crafted up hubcap in the air for a pick then most likely it's a fake.The UFOs allways been triangles,flying wings,Cigar shape,and Balls of light for recon duty.

IMHO of course

post-142153-0-22030600-1380195176_thumb.

• Like 1

Here is a classification of the ufo shapes and sightings. I opened up exactly a similar tread. Ufo shapes are advancing in the same time with our technology indeed which makes them less alien.

http://newsufo.info/?p=11

The only reference that enthusiasts have regarding what alien craft may or may not look like is the popular culture that surrounds them during their life time.

It is no surprise that descriptions of alien craft by so called witnesses follow the same trends as the latest ideas from The X-Files or the latest speilberg blockbuster.

In the 40s 50s & 60s 'witnesses' described saucer shaped craft (see 'The Day The Earth Stood Still)

In the 70s & 80s 'witnesses' described fast moving balls of light & small aliens with large eyes (see Close Encounters)

In the 90s 'witnesses' described triangular space ships (see The X-Files)

Here is a classification of the ufo shapes and sightings. I opened up exactly a similar tread. Ufo shapes are advancing in the same time with our technology indeed which makes them less alien.

http://newsufo.info/?p=11

Thats hardly a reliable - or even credible link, now is it?

Hello all,

Anyone got any ideas?

Don'y forget the most common type of object today seems to be orbs. If anything I would say there is more variety of objects. Including this:

UFO3_zpsdd04d7aa.jpg

A cracker of a UFO. It's got to be the Catherine Zeta Jones of UFO images.

A real genuine beauty.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Yes indeed I see many many reports of sightings of so called "orbs".

My suspicion has always been that they are probes rather than ET vehicles. I would love to know what their propulsion system is.

My suspicion has always been that they are probes rather than ET vehicles. I would love to know what their propulsion system is.

it is a good question which similar to: how the ball lightning could emitting levin.

The flying triangles has pretty much just got to be military, don't they? We have conformed to 'delta' style aircraft for 50 years and these are surely a development of that theme. If you had seen a B-2 or F117 flyover at night back in 1990 you'd certainly be thinking 'alien'.

But when people start describing flying triangles that 'fill the sky', it makes you wonder again.

And you're quite right in that most that are seen are bright lights, orbs etc, and the traditional shaped ones are the ones that make the media.

Ask a 10 year old boy to draw a UFO today and he'll draw something entirely different than someone from 1960 - Bless the internet.

• Like 1

Don'y forget the most common type of object today seems to be orbs. If anything I would say there is more variety of objects. Including this:

UFO3_zpsdd04d7aa.jpg

A cracker of a UFO. It's got to be the Catherine Zeta Jones of UFO images.

A real genuine beauty.

That's amazing. Do you have any other pics like these? I find it funny how governmental officials are always saying that these are test aircrafts and stuff. I mean its possible but how the hell does an aircraft get that kind of shape and is secluded from being shared/exposed.

To travel in interstellar space an organic being is going to almost certainly need gravity. I would therefore give more credibility to wheel shaped objects, not that I give any of them any credibility. There are just too many other more mundane explanations for all of this, and so what if we are being visited -- there will never be any clear evidence of it until and if they choose to reveal themselves -- so those who spend their lives "investigating" this stuff are just wasting their time.

To me, when technology is sufficiently advanced, design is not much a hurdle. They might be able to design their vehicles any way they please.