Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Irish Government Prepare for Mass Fatality

cparker

The Irish government have released a tender for a mobile National Temporary Mortuary, https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=70239&B=&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders . I had a read thru the RFT - the brief description of the tender is as follows :

- deployment of demountable temporary mortuary structure within 48 hours of a Mass Fatality Event in Ireland. The Structure will be used to :

• establish the identity of the deceased;

• establish the precise cause of death;

• collect evidence for An Garda Síochána and any other official investigation;

• preserve and record the personal effects of the deceased; and

• prepare the deceased for release to family members by reconstructive techniques where necessary.

The Structure should be capable of being deployed at any pre-specified locations, as may be required by the Contracting Authority (or local authorities), to process the remains of between 25 and 100 fatalities. The requirement includes the provision of cold storage and body reception within 48 hours and post mortem / mortuary unit within 48 hours). The Cold body storage should be scalable to enable increased capacity if required.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedDusk

• Likely Guy

• cparker

Top Posters In This Topic

That all sounds pretty responsible to me. A few months ago we had a train derailment here in Canada (Lac-Mégantic) that killed 47 people. If the authorities there didn't have a facility such as that, they probably wish that they did.

Where's the conspiracy here again? You lost me.

It may be a case of paranoia that has your worried dear friend, but there are many cases were that can be helpful. For example Ireland is still going through sort of a state of civil war (to a sense) with the Terrorist group dubbed the IRA. If something were to happen to a mass amount of people without a known cause you have this defense. There can be many many other reasons, but over all I see this as a very smart move for Ireland Future and Present. Just my opinion however.