Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Does MMR Vaccine cause Autism ?

Big Bad Voodoo

After decades of passionate debate, parents probably missed the repeated admissions by drug companies and governments alike that vaccines do in fact cause autism. For concerned parents seeking the truth, it’s worth remembering that the exact same people who own the world’s drug companies also own America’s news outlets. Finding propaganda-free information has been difficult, until now.

http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/08/courts-quietly-confirm-mmr-vaccine-causes-autism.html

because MMR was a common factor in children with Autism?

Of course thst was a commom factor, the vast majority of children are immunised.

because MMR was a common factor in children with Autism?

Of course thst was a commom factor, the vast majority of children are immunised.

With that logic lets blaim oxygen. They all breath oxygen right?

• Like 2

Apropos of Nothing - I'm actually living in the centre of an outbreak of Measles, schools have been sending kids home etc.

Noone has died yet, despite the number of infections. Why is that I wonder ....

After decades of passionate debate, parents probably missed the repeated admissions by drug companies and governments alike that vaccines do in fact cause autism. For concerned parents seeking the truth, it’s worth remembering that the exact same people who own the world’s drug companies also own America’s news outlets. Finding propaganda-free information has been difficult, until now.

http://www.whydontyo...ses-autism.html

That junk article supports Wakefield who long ago admitted that he faked his work. He faked the data to support his source of money: lawyers involved in a lawsuit.

Wakefield also faked the data for other papers he published. He lost his medical license because he also endangered children when he collected samples.

That fraud can whine all he wants today about being reprimanded, but he deserved it.

The Wakefield paper that had to be retracted by the Lancet had this to say:

"We did not prove an association between measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine and the syndrome described. Virological studies are underway that may help to resolve this issue."

Wakefield's 1993 paper on Crohn's was found to be faked. His 2002 paper turned out to have used a DNA test to locate RNA - not a valid test.

With an article which glorifies a fraud I doubt it is telling the truth in any form.

Apropos of Nothing - I'm actually living in the centre of an outbreak of Measles, schools have been sending kids home etc.

Noone has died yet, despite the number of infections. Why is that I wonder ....

The reason is simple. Deaths from measles are rare.

The reason is simple. Deaths from measles are rare.

Not if you haven't been immunised.

Oh well 'cept this one obviously as I have just read it and posted :blush: But from here onwards I will now avoid the OP's topics, starting.... now

I thought there was already a theme on this subject. Why a new one?

Maybe the antivac crowd think if they shout enough they'll be right.

"Much stronger evidence links not having vaccines with all sorts of unpleasant and possibly life threatening diseases, the likelihood of getting any of which is very much greater than whatever the theoretical possibility might be of vaccines causing Autism". Would the Science is an Instrument of Satan crowd like to go back to the 15th century?

• Like 1

http://www.whydontyo...ses-autism.html

Bull. No-one is sure what causes autism but we do know that vaccines - especially the MMR - do NOT cause autism. Anyone who says different is either misinformed or lying.

• Like 3

Bull. No-one is sure what causes autism but we do know that vaccines - especially the MMR - do NOT cause autism. Anyone who says different is either misinformed or lying.

Or telling truth!

Which is nothing to do with vaccines, and may in fact be contradicting your own argument.

• Like 1

Which is nothing to do with vaccines, and may in fact be contradicting your own argument.

I know! I didnt want to open new thread. Im open for all possobilities.

The graph illustrates the link between the MMR vaccine and the rise in autism.

mmrvaccine.jpg

http://www.collectiv...ines-to-autism/

That graph does not. It shows that changes in medicine result in changes in the population. As the definition for autism changes so does the number of people reported with the condition. Remember that there is no test such as an antibody test that can be used to say yes or no that someone has autism. It is based on subjective testing. The increase in autism is actually just an increased diagnosis.

What we see in this graph is cherry picking. Two dates have been cherry picked and placed on the graph to suggest whatever preconceived notion the author wants to make.

So far posts have attempted to link autism to MMR vaccines, thimerosal, aluminum, and antidepressants.

All this should tell anyone is that the cause is unknown, but different groups are following up on a variety of possibilities with others trying to pretend that the studies are stronger than they actually are.