Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists Push To Make Virus More Contagious

Big Bad Voodoo

You indeed talk with yourself! HA!

At first I didnt believe when I notice that you quote own posts and respond to them. After above I was sure.

Another instance where BBV is unable to comprehend what others have posted and used hand waving methods and trickery.

You obviously cannot respond to this since said article states nothing in that respect (which you would have noticed had you actually read it), so let me rephrase.

It is clear to anyone that badeskov is repeating his post because YOU have not answered anything he has asked from you.

Maybe if you actually read the response instead of responding with a knee jerk reaction.

Atleast Im not talking to myself.

I was not, as was also pointed out. Your failings in comprehending even this simple fact is pretty telling.

Why don't you take take some time and only post when you have something of substance instead of making yourself look like a fool constantly?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

badeskov,

please without insults. Its against forum rules. No matter of this disagreement it would be a waste to not have you in physics threads.

I understand that you are upset. I know. I hate to loose too. Because Im childish. :P

badeskov,

please without insults. Its against forum rules. No matter of this disagreement it would be a waste to not have you in physics threads.

I understand that you are upset. I know. I hate to loose too. Because Im childish. :P

It was not an insult, it was a statement of fact born out of your inability to argue your case coupled with your inability to comprehend what is actually posted. That you take it as an insult is just adding to the pile.

It is rather obvious.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

badeskov,

Why would he be upset? He hasn't lost anything and he isn't the one looking foolish. By the way, you're not a moderator. If you THINK someone is insulting then you should use that reporting button instead of annoying the rest of us with your inane comments. Let the moderators do what they're supposed to do.

• Like 1

badeskov,

I think we have by now determined that you actually can't argue your case, but please do feel free to surprise me.

Until then I will consider this another one of your topics of which you have absolutely no knowledge and thus closed.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Why would he be upset? He hasn't lost anything and he isn't the one looking foolish. By the way, you're not a moderator. If you THINK someone is insulting then you should use that reporting button instead of annoying the rest of us with your inane comments. Let the moderators do what they're supposed to do.

Ofcourse. But my own policy is to warn member before I report him! For two reasons.

1. To not press button all the time and annoy moderators.

2. When I like member I dont want to cause problems to him.

When I was in kindergarden I learnt that you first try to solve problem on own then go to "cry" to supervisor.

You didnt?

Ofcourse. But my own policy is to warn member before I report him! For two reasons.

1. To not press button all the time and annoy moderators.

2. When I like member I dont want to cause problems to him.

When I was in kindergarden I learnt that you first try to solve problem on own then go to "cry" to supervisor.

You didnt?

I learned to not try to act like I had authority that I clearly did not. You didn't? No, of course you didn't.

Edited by frenat

I learned to not try to act like I had authority that I clearly did not. You didn't? No, of course you didn't.

Ah that I learnt in home. :lol: I didnt need someone from outside of family for that.

I was not orphan. You were, if may I ask?

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

No.Just saying becausewe can make GMO doesnt mean we have to do it.

On the whole I'd agree, except in the case of viruses, where scientists developing new strains of viruses to develop medicines that may help prevent deaths from other similar mutations of said virus is a good idea.

It's a case of "barn doors and bolted horses", it's too late to develop an antiviral after there's been an outbreak of something nasty, but if you've developed something that's CLOSE beforehand and have it available to be used you might be able to save lives.

• Like 1

Ah that I learnt in home. :lol: I didnt need someone from outside of family for that.

I was not orphan. You were, if may I ask?

Apparently you haven't learned that. Or you wouldn't have tried and failed to act like a moderator. Nor have you learned how to stay on topic. Or how to avoid asking stupid personal questions that you have absolutely no basis for. You have learned how to appear foolish though. But we already established that.

Do you have anything to say on the actual topic? Perhaps actually providing some evidence for your ludicrous claim that viruses escape often? I'm betting not.

Edited by frenat
  • Like 1

I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the comedy show...

• Like 2

I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the comedy show...

Bring out the Lazy Boys and a couple of brews!

• Like 1

Bring out the Lazy Boys and a couple of brews!

I have one now! Cheers!

Though apparently, the comedy show is on a commercial.

On the whole I'd agree, except in the case of viruses, where scientists developing new strains of viruses to develop medicines that may help prevent deaths from other similar mutations of said virus is a good idea.

It's a case of "barn doors and bolted horses", it's too late to develop an antiviral after there's been an outbreak of something nasty, but if you've developed something that's CLOSE beforehand and have it available to be used you might be able to save lives.

How do you know what next virus would be like? Do you aware how many potentally viruses is outhere? Even is all virologists start to do this practice we will NOT be close to prepared for future pandemic. You cant control nature. We dont know clue where possible mutation will occur.

How do you know what next virus would be like? Do you aware how many potentally viruses is outhere? Even is all virologists start to do this practice we will NOT be close to prepared for future pandemic. You cant control nature. We dont know clue where possible mutation will occur.

So you propose we don't bother even trying to prevent possibilities of potential outbreaks?

You are right, we can't control nature, however we may be able to learn and understand it better.

Doesn't mean we simply stop trying to prevent the next big outbreak of a killer virus.

Why do we try to predict volcano eruptions, tornados, and hurricanes? Same concept.

No, scientists can't predict the future, but they have some pretty good leads given past and present viruses and their documented mutations.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

True.

But then we're left with a situation where we go into battle with an outbreak armed with nothing or with something that may or may not work because it may or may not be close to the mutation we're combating.

I'd much rather be told "Sir, you've got the dreaded Dog Flu, but we do have something that may combat it based on research into Cat Flu" then "Sir, you've got the dreaded Dog Flu, if you try not to die from it they might have developed an antiviral in a few months".

Of course scientists need to make more powerful viruses, it's how they create more powerful anti-virals.

How else will they be able to prevent outbreaks if they have to wait for the virus to naturally mutate and then create the antiviral?

Hmmmmmm that doesn't sound quite right.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

I always thought that H1N1 could have been released as a covert way to inoculate the public against a much more deadly bird flue virus.

If you had the power to save millions of lives but in the process might kill thousands, what would you do?

If a deadly pandemic was eminent but you could develop and release a much more subdued strain that would create the necessary antibodies to fend off the more deadly version, but in the process of infecting everyone you would kill off many old and sick... Could you do it? It could not be done publicly because obviously those you kill would have a problem with it, yet it might be the only way to protect the third world who may not have access to vaccines and other technologies against something really nasty.

Who knows? It doesn't seem that far fetched.

• Like 1

True.

But then we're left with a situation where we go into battle with an outbreak armed with nothing or with something that may or may not work because it may or may not be close to the mutation we're combating.

I'd much rather be told "Sir, you've got the dreaded Dog Flu, but we do have something that may combat it based on research into Cat Flu" then "Sir, you've got the dreaded Dog Flu, if you try not to die from it they might have developed an antiviral in a few months".

Im not virologist. But somehow it feels wrong. No matter what. And Im not only one who feels that way. And since we live in democracy I wish we have referendums about these kinds of things.