Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens when we’re the ones flying UFOs?

Still Waters

By definition, UFOs should not be built.

In order to have an "unidentified flying object" the origins of said object must be unknown. And yet, technically, we know how to identify UFOs - or at least as pop culture has imagined them. They are flying saucers covered with lights that float through the air like spinning plates. Or something. Some people spend their lives looking for one, others fear what would happen if they were abducted by one.

Yet, artist Peter Coffin has built one.

http://www.wired.com...#slideid-249271

• Like 1

Very cool, thanks for the link.

I like the Jung quote:

“In the threatening situation of the world today, when people are beginning to see that everything is at stake, the projection-creating fantasy soars beyond the realm of earthly organizations and powers into the heavens, into interstellar space, where the rulers of human fate, the gods, once had their abode in the planets,” Jung wrote. “Even people who would never have thought that a religious problem could be a serious matter that concerned them personally are beginning to ask themselves fundamental questions.”

Jung and Freud and all that crowd made a whole profession out of saying things like that, because no one dared question them because no one had a clue what they meant.

• Like 2

I remember Peter Coffins UFO's, heres one of his vids from 2010

[media=]

[/media]

and a very shaky youtube version

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Jung and Freud and all that crowd made a whole profession out of saying things like that, because no one dared question them because no one had a clue what they meant.

-And how does that make you feel?

:)

• Like 2

In order to have an "unidentified flying object" the origins of said object must be unknown. And yet, technically, we know how to identify UFOs - or at least as pop culture has imagined them. They are flying saucers covered with lights that float through the air like spinning plates. Or something. Some people spend their lives looking for one, others fear what would happen if they were abducted by one.

There are cigar and Triangle shaped UFO as well

It's all very well making something that has the appearance of a metallic flying saucer.

The problem is that we have no clue what their propulsion system is.

They are frequently reported to make 90 degree turns at impossible speeds.

Our fastest aircraft have failed to catch them.

All that glitters is not gold.

• Like 1

What happens when we're the ones flying the UFO?

I would use it to go to another planet and abduct people, but i'll never be considerate enought to explain why I'm doing these painful/bizzar experiments to the poor sobs because I'll be kind of an arrogant sadistic *******...

Like the Aleins here seem to do.. lol