Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gaza gets rare cement

Yamato

Israel on Sunday permitted delivery of cement and steel for use by the private sector into the Gaza Strip for the first time since 2007

"Israel allowed today for the first time in six years, the entry of 40 trucks filled with gravel, 20 trucks loaded with cement and 10 with steel for the private sector in Gaza" Raed Fattouh, the Palestinian official in charge of Gaza supplies, said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/22/gaza-builders-get-rare-shipment-cement/

Thank you Fox News, for not noticing how ridiculous the policy of "no cement!" is.

They got gravel too? Talk about spoiling people!

Israel is just making up for the material that Egypt is stopping from coming through the tunnels I guess. An unlimited supply of the ingredients for concrete structures could be a problem if it's used for building bunkers or tunnels. Of course, if they know where they are being built they could just wait and use them as tests for munitions.

Israel is just making up for the material that Egypt is stopping from coming through the tunnels I guess. An unlimited supply of the ingredients for concrete structures could be a problem if it's used for building bunkers or tunnels. Of course, if they know where they are being built they could just wait and use them as tests for munitions.

Bunkers and tunnels would defend Palestinians from Israel's illegal siege. We can't have that!

Bunkers and tunnels would defend Palestinians from Israel's illegal siege. We can't have that!

You're probably correct. I mean, Hamas has done such an excellent job for the population that it's a pity they can't rule ALL of Palestine.
  • Like 1

That's a thought. Considering the competence and good sense of the Israeli government, and the incompetence and ideological idiocy of the Arab governments, I think if I were an Arab I would prefer Israeli rule.

• Like 1

That's a thought. Considering the competence and good sense of the Israeli government, and the incompetence and ideological idiocy of the Arab governments, I think if I were an Arab I would prefer Israeli rule.

Second class citizenship under a racist government as opposed to living under siege by a terroristic illegal government. What a choice.

You're probably correct. I mean, Hamas has done such an excellent job for the population that it's a pity they can't rule ALL of Palestine.

That's what the ideological idiots from Israel said back when Hamas was the preferred party among Zionists.

• 2 weeks later...

Israeli's found a tunnel. Looks like construction material is going to be stopped again. http://worldnews.nbc...ames-hamas?lite

For which stoppage they will be vilified - even with the evidence clearly produced. It just goes to prove the real agenda and makes the idea of a "peace" laughable if it weren't so deadly a threat to Israelis.

OMG it's a tunnel. Let's surround Mexico and cut them off from land, sea, and air.

When they begin blowing up buses and pizza parlors we might very well do so.

When they begin blowing up buses and pizza parlors we might very well do so.

Israel is the most concentrated police state in the world. I think they can handle Gaza getting building materials. Those concrete rockets sure fly far because they're so heavy.

Speaking of "legal" and "illegal" economic activity, how many prescription drugs does Israel export to the United States that have killed American citizens? Ever wonder that, when the headlines are that an American dies of prescription drugs every 19 minutes in this country?

Israel is the most concentrated police state in the world. I think they can handle Gaza getting building materials. Those concrete rockets sure fly far because they're so heavy.

Speaking of "legal" and "illegal" economic activity, how many prescription drugs does Israel export to the United States that have killed American citizens? Ever wonder that, when the headlines are that an American dies of prescription drugs every 19 minutes in this country?

Those dead Americans died because they CHOSE to use a lethal substance to escape reality. That is a little different than choosing to get on a bus to go to work or going out on a pizza date. I realize that with you Israel is simply WRONG. It's policies, beliefs, government - it's EXISTENCE... is just wrong. Got it.. And my opinion is the opposite. My point is valid and you know it. If Mexicans began lobbing mortar and rocket fire at Texas and Cali there would be one HELLACIOUS response and it might even lead to a civil uprising within the states. But a response would follow. But you believe Israelis do not have the same right because they sit on "disputed" soil. Isn't there also an Hispanic group that believes America does not really own the southwest? I seem to remember some such silliness being discussed a while back. What if those fine chappies decided to start killing Arizonans and Texans to reclaim that land? I think we would act essentially as Israel has - but probably with less restraint.

Those dead Americans died because they CHOSE to use a lethal substance to escape reality. That is a little different than choosing to get on a bus to go to work or going out on a pizza date. I realize that with you Israel is simply WRONG. It's policies, beliefs, government - it's EXISTENCE... is just wrong. Got it.. And my opinion is the opposite. My point is valid and you know it. If Mexicans began lobbing mortar and rocket fire at Texas and Cali there would be one HELLACIOUS response and it might even lead to a civil uprising within the states. But a response would follow. But you believe Israelis do not have the same right because they sit on "disputed" soil. Isn't there also an Hispanic group that believes America does not really own the southwest? I seem to remember some such silliness being discussed a while back. What if those fine chappies decided to start killing Arizonans and Texans to reclaim that land? I think we would act essentially as Israel has - but probably with less restraint.

It's existence can sink or swim on its own merits like the rest of the Middle East. I have no special interest. Affordable, consistent, non-interventionist foreign policy for ALL. What part of the word all can you not understand?

Mexicans kill more Americans every year than you can even dream of with your propaganda claiming Palestinians are killing Israelis with rockets, vests and all the rest.