Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US braces for possible government shutdown

Still Waters

At first the rumor was that if you don't pay the fine then you go to prison but i think someone removed that consequence.

I'm not sure about that. I know that was the going word but it is written into the law. They'll find ways to screw US for sure for no one defies the kings word and gets away with it. They did set it up though so nobody can truthfully say that you will go to prison for not buying health insurance.

Here is the thread. All the legalese from the law is with this discussion.

Do you have to pay the obamacare fine?

http://www.unexplain...opic=252534&hl=

Polling Data is going against Obama and Harry Reid. There was a pathetic response from Harry Reid when asked about funding just

the NIH for now.

Reid: "Why would someone of your intelligence suggest such a thing?"

The dems are in big trouble because Harry Reid is their A Team !

• Like 1

Im curious what's everyone's predictions for ho long this will last?

• Like 1

until the end of the debt limit, then they will have to move and the move will be either a clean continuing bill or a new budget with 2-3% of sequestration. And it will be approved by the moderate Repubs and the Dems.

My guess is Tuesday. I think ALOT of pressure is being put on Boehner after Obama pointed out the fact that he is not allowing the Republican controlled house to vote on the spending bill from the senate. Give that a weekend to simmer with Boehner, as he can't call a vote too soon or it makes him look weaker than he already is. By Tuesday, I think they will be voting.

My guess is Tuesday. I think ALOT of pressure is being put on Boehner after Obama pointed out the fact that he is not allowing the Republican controlled house to vote on the spending bill from the senate. Give that a weekend to simmer with Boehner, as he can't call a vote too soon or it makes him look weaker than he already is. By Tuesday, I think they will be voting.

Tuesday sounds about right. Obama will accept the Senator Ted Cruz / Speaker Boehner demands.

- Fund the government through mid-December

- Drop Kick ObamaCare for 1 year

- Repeal the Medical Device Tax

Harry Reid has thrown the dems into a spiral of despair.

CNN is irresponsible ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KX31ZxXZkc

man...please stop with the "drop kick" already...it's worn out it's cleverness.

"let it slide"

"pass it on down the line"...

so many other ways to say "delay it" if you are searching for them...

• Like 1

man...please stop with the "drop kick" already...it's worn out it's cleverness.

"let it slide"

"pass it on down the line"...

so many other ways to say "delay it" if you are searching for them...

It's already over.

Harry Reid walked over a cliff when he declared CNN as "irresponsible".

Obama is trying to be KING of America by barricading the World War II Memorial. It's just not working out.

He already cancelled his trip to Asia. - Damage Control -

It's already over.

Harry Reid walked over a cliff when he declared CNN as "irresponsible".

Obama is trying to be KING of America by barricading the World War II Memorial. It's just not working out.

He already cancelled his trip to Asia. - Damage Control -

My god man. Please, I'm begging you, stop watching Fox News.

Did he not barricade the ww2 memorial? Has he not spent unnecessary money to barricade and secure something that is in the middle of public property and costs next to nothing to maintain?

• Like 2

Did he not barricade the ww2 memorial? Has he not spent unnecessary money to barricade and secure something that is in the middle of public property and costs next to nothing to maintain?

Well, he did not, the park services, charged with the security of all US monuments did so when they were furloughed. Standard practice according to the rule book. If they can't watch it they have to close it.

• Like 2

You tell me. I'm under the impression that the reason it happened is because the republicans... wait for it.... Shut down the government!! Now they say Obama himself shut these things down. Give me a break.

• Like 1

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

The games politicians play: Barack Obama is having a lot of fun using the government shutdown to squeeze the public in imaginative ways. The point of the shutdown game is to see who can squeeze hardest, make the most pious speech and listen for the applause. It’s a variation on the grade-school ritual of “you show me yours, and I’ll show you mine.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/3/pruden-the-cheap-tricks-of-the-game/

• Like 2

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

The games politicians play: Barack Obama is having a lot of fun using the government shutdown to squeeze the public in imaginative ways. The point of the shutdown game is to see who can squeeze hardest, make the most pious speech and listen for the applause. It’s a variation on the grade-school ritual of “you show me yours, and I’ll show you mine.”

http://www.washingto...ks-of-the-game/

And that Park Ranger has no name? Since the 1941 NPS regulation, vigent since before Obama was born, it is stipulated that monuments have to be protected by rangers. If there are no rangers at hand the access has to be closed to the general public. And that happened in 1995 as well as in 2013.

Only in 1995 Repubs and their mouthpieces still had the decency to attribute the reason to the cause (the 1941 NPS) and not to use it for cheap propaganda.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

How do you go back to work after the government opens again? I mean I would have to leave if my job was proven unnecessary. Are there just too many of us to jobs that have value?

• Like 1

You tell me. I'm under the impression that the reason it happened is because the republicans... wait for it.... Shut down the government!! Now they say Obama himself shut these things down. Give me a break.

First off, no news agency is required to give factual information, and routinely every news agency has been incredibly bad at fact checking, assuming they did it in the first place, singling out Fox News as the sole problem just because they sell the opposite pile of steaming bull**** as CNN is disingenuous. When the ACA was passed, Democrats had a majority in the House and Senate (even had a 2/3 majority in the senate, if I recall correctly). The very next ellection, they lost the majority in the House by a LOT and nearly lost their majority in the Senate. No poll ever taken supports the ACA, and every Republican seat won in the house was won on the promise of fighting the ACA.

Americans do not want the ACA, they made that clear at the ballot box. Republicans are doing what they were elected to do.

Edited by Kylsix
  • Like 3

You responce that people are "insane" cause they dont hold the same political beliefs as you

I don't believe I said that. I said they are insane on this issue.

I made no mention of insurance or Obamacare. Subsidies (our taxes) are provided to public hospitals to cover the losses from the poor and uninsured for services rendered.

Sorry, just very few public hospitals around me

• Like 1

Americans do not want the ACA, they made that clear at the ballot box.

maybe you were living under a rock during the 2012 election when Obama sounding defeated Romney's repeal Obamacare shtick.

• Like 1

First off, no news agency is required to give factual information, and routinely every news agency has been incredibly bad at fact checking, assuming they did it in the first place, singling out Fox News as the sole problem just because they sell the opposite pile of steaming bull**** as CNN is disingenuous. When the ACA was passed, Democrats had a majority in the House and Senate (even had a 2/3 majority in the senate, if I recall correctly). The very next ellection, they lost the majority in the House by a LOT and nearly lost their majority in the Senate. No poll ever taken supports the ACA, and every Republican seat won in the house was won on the promise of fighting the ACA.

Americans do not want the ACA, they made that clear at the ballot box. Republicans are doing what they were elected to do.

Exactly! Great post. :tu: The only people who think Obamacare is good, are people I have seen on the internet. No one I know, thinks this is a good thing. And no one seems to mention, except you and a few others, most of the Republicans who got seats in the last election, campaigned on the promise of getting rid of Obamacare. The Republicans, for the first time, in a long time, are not doing the will of big corporations and banks, and, are doing what their constituents want, which is repeal Obamacare. It's hurting a lot of people. Isn't why they were elected? To do what their constituents want?

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 1

Obamacare has caused fear, confusion and panic. People on one side are expecting something akin to a single payer system....which it is far from...and people on the other hand are expecting the sky to fall.

The real truth is that most people do not know enough about it to have an informed opinion...I know I really don't. I know parts and some things are bad and somethings are not so bad. I am for the pre-existing conditions...I am for allowing your college kid to stay on your insurance till 26 or whatever. I am against the whole "buy it or else" mandate....It's my money and I choose to spend it elsewhere thank you very much.

If you are really that concerned...tell Uncle Ben Bernanke to stop giving that 85 billion a month to the banks and start sending out checks to the head of every household...did you realize that 85 billion divided by 330 million (the approximate "legal" population) is $257.58. That is for each and every person. Have a household of 4? That equates to $1,030.00 a month. Cut those checks to the people Benny!! We'll show you how to stimulate the economy! hell....everyone could pay for their "Obamacare" then...

sarcasm01_zps98959ad9.jpg

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 3

It was quite obvious after watching the news how many people out there, have no clue as to what's going on concerning this health care program.

I was pretty amazed when those individuals were asked which would they prefer, the "Affordable Care Act" or "Obamacare" and shook my head after hearing that most wanted the "Affordable Care Act" over Obamacare, without realizing it's one and the same thing.

This act has it's pros and cons--which will either be loved or hated by the many--

• Like 1

First off, no news agency is required to give factual information, and routinely every news agency has been incredibly bad at fact checking, assuming they did it in the first place, singling out Fox News as the sole problem just because they sell the opposite pile of steaming bull**** as CNN is disingenuous.

All of the news is pure trash, I'm not denying that. But their pile of bull**** seems to have come from a blue whale. They have zero real news, and absolutely everything has some form of political spin. At least CNN can report a story without tying it into whatever's currently going on in the White House.

My god man. Please, I'm begging you, stop watching Fox News.

People who watch or read only one source are intellectually lazy -- they only want to read or hear what they agree with. It is important to discipline oneself to watch and read a wide variety of slants. Over time one begins to realize that there are many sides to every story.
  • Like 1