Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US braces for possible government shutdown

Still Waters

At least CNN can report a story without tying it into whatever's currently going on in the White House.

Lol, of course they can. They are an extension of the Whitehouse. A literal mouthpiece.

• Like 1

Obamacare has caused fear, confusion and panic. People on one side are expecting something akin to a single payer system....which it is far from...and people on the other hand are expecting the sky to fall.

The real truth is that most people do not know enough about it to have an informed opinion...I know I really don't. I know parts and some things are bad and somethings are not so bad. I am for the pre-existing conditions...I am for allowing your college kid to stay on your insurance till 26 or whatever. I am against the whole "buy it or else" mandate....It's my money and I choose to spend it elsewhere thank you very much.

If you are really that concerned...tell Uncle Ben Bernanke to stop giving that 85 billion a month to the banks and start sending out checks to the head of every household...did you realize that 85 billion divided by 330 million (the approximate "legal" population) is $257.58. That is for each and every person. Have a household of 4? That equates to $1,030.00 a month. Cut those checks to the people Benny!! We'll show you how to stimulate the economy! hell....everyone could pay for their "Obamacare" then...

And......Gallup has Obamas approval rating at 41% and falling......FAST!

Quick! Cancel the trip to Asia and go into Full Damage Control Mode!

Blame the whole thing on Harry Reid !

Stop attacking World War II Veterans! The optics are just - terrible - !

First off, no news agency is required to give factual information, and routinely every news agency has been incredibly bad at fact checking, assuming they did it in the first place, singling out Fox News as the sole problem just because they sell the opposite pile of steaming bull**** as CNN is disingenuous. When the ACA was passed, Democrats had a majority in the House and Senate (even had a 2/3 majority in the senate, if I recall correctly). The very next ellection, they lost the majority in the House by a LOT and nearly lost their majority in the Senate. No poll ever taken supports the ACA, and every Republican seat won in the house was won on the promise of fighting the ACA.

Americans do not want the ACA, they made that clear at the ballot box. Republicans are doing what they were elected to do.

"Republicans are doing what they were elected to do."

Well now there is a good idea! Wait a minute. We haven't heard much from Sen. John McCain. Is he hiding under his desk?

It looks like McCain just wants to "Go along to get along".

Shame on you John McCain!

Thank God we have the leadership of Senator Ted Cruz. He won this one. Gallup has the Obama political machine in a tailspin

with the cockpit on fire! 41%

McCain is sitting in the corner playing poker on his phone...yeah...he deserves his re-elections.

I wish the idiots in Arizona, South Carolina and California would stop hurting the rest of the country by electing these fools...McCain, Graham, Pelosi and Feinstein...put these fools out to pasture and elect some fresh blood with new ideas!

Sorry Cyberken, Cruz is OK, but he looked like a wind bag talking nonsense on his stump....talking nearly 21 hours and accomplishing nothing other than getting his name batted around the water cooler...and that served who?...HIM! Not us.

He could have used that time to talk about stimulating the economy, creating jobs, fair trade, tariffs, election finance....anything of substance...but no. Hell he could have even spent time talking about how to amend the PP-AHA to make it functional... but nope...he hosed his time. I seriously dislike the idea of Obamacare...but let's be intelligent adults here...it will not be overturned as long as you have a Democratically controlled Senate and White House...be serious! Not going to happen!

Best we can hope for is that we get on a roll in 2014 and start removing all incumbents...Dem and Repub....replace with Independents and third parties...then finish the job in 2016.

Want to make a change? Stop participating in insanity...stop electing the same idiots and same parties over and over...

• Like 1

McCain is sitting in the corner playing poker on his phone...yeah...he deserves his re-elections.

I wish the idiots in Arizona, South Carolina and California would stop hurting the rest of the country by electing these fools...McCain, Graham, Pelosi and Feinstein...put these fools out to pasture and elect some fresh blood with new ideas!

Sorry Cyberken, Cruz is OK, but he looked like a wind bag talking nonsense on his stump....talking nearly 21 hours and accomplishing nothing other than getting his name batted around the water cooler...and that served who?...HIM! Not us.

He could have used that time to talk about stimulating the economy, creating jobs, fair trade, tariffs, election finance....anything of substance...but no. Hell he could have even spent time talking about how to amend the PP-AHA to make it functional... but nope...he hosed his time. I seriously dislike the idea of Obamacare...but let's be intelligent adults here...it will not be overturned as long as you have a Democratically controlled Senate and White House...be serious! Not going to happen!

Best we can hope for is that we get on a roll in 2014 and start removing all incumbents...Dem and Repub....replace with Independents and third parties...then finish the job in 2016.

Want to make a change? Stop participating in insanity...stop electing the same idiots and same parties over and over...

The ONLY reason we are here right now is because Senator Ted Cruz successfully hijacked the Republican Party.

Speaker Boehner will get his deal and political victory.

--- Drop Kick ObamaCare for 1 year ---

--- Fund the U.S. Government until December 15, 2013 with a CR ---

The polling data is in from Gallup.

Harry Reid declared CNN "irresponsible".

The American people are rallying around the World War II Memorial and attacking KING Obama.

So Obama has called for the monuments and National parks to be closed....apparently including 1,100 square miles of open ocean at Florida Bay....mind telling me how they are going to "barrycade" 1,100 sq. miles of open ocean? How are they going to know who is where? How much is that going to cost?

What's next?...Is D-bag in charge going to try to shut down the interstates next?

ETA....

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

So Obama has called for the monuments and National parks to be closed....apparently including 1,100 square miles of open ocean at Florida Bay....mind telling me how they are going to "barrycade" 1,100 sq. miles of open ocean? How are they going to know who is where? How much is that going to cost?

What's next?...Is D-bag in charge going to try to shut down the interstates next?

ETA....

[media=]

[/media]

1,100 square miles sounds like it would be easy to Cheat & Retreat.

Invisible line in the water?

- Governing by Temper Tantrum - :passifier:

I just read that 90% of those (Edit: DoD employees) who were furloughed are going back to work next week. And that the House passed a bill at a bipartisan 100% Yea, to back pay everyone who was furloughed.

http://www.reuters.c...E98N11220131006

If Obama does not sign this bill, I wonder if the FedGov workers might begin wondering who the enemy really is?

Facing public anger over the government shutdown, House Republicans have adopted a strategy of voting piecemeal to fund some popular federal agencies - like the Veterans Administration, the National Park Service and the National Institutes of Health - that are partially closed.

Democrats have rejected that, arguing Congress has a duty to pass a bill funding the entire government.

Of course the Democrats are going to reject that, it takes away the best advantages they have in this shutdown. Already almost no one cares, but give back the veterans money and the parks and ABSOLUTELY no on is going to care.

The Irish just had a vote to eliminate their Senate, which failed by like 3%. Maybe we should think along the same lines?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

The Irish just had a vote to eliminate their Senate, which failed by like 3%. Maybe we should think along the same lines?

Presumably when you torch the Constitution, you'll want to remove the position of the Presidency, too?

Since you can't effectively Gerrymander that, either.

• Like 1

Lol, of course they can. They are an extension of the Whitehouse. A literal mouthpiece.

Come on. I could watch a story about a trapped bobcat and Fox News would connect it to Obama. While what you said may be true, Fox News is a mouthpiece for ignorance. Not all of it, but a vast majority. Somewhere around 99%.

Come on. I could watch a story about a trapped bobcat and Fox News would connect it to Obama. While what you said may be true, Fox News is a mouthpiece for ignorance. Not all of it, but a vast majority. Somewhere around 99%.

Fox news, MSNBC, CNN....I don't know why anyone soils their brain with those propaganda machines.

I said it earlier...if you can get the channel and would like a fresh take on news and journalism...(actually more like a return to real news and journalism)...check out Al Jazeera America. I'm totally bummed the cable company where I just moved doesn't carry it...but this is West Virginia...I'm sure a lot of folks would think it was a terrorist organization...good news channel though. It started in late August and before I moved from Winchester, VA...it was the only news I watched. It might start to lean left or right, but as of last week, it was pretty fair and balanced.

MSNBC will always trumpet the Democrat and Liberal position and Fox will always shout the Republican and conservative position...CNN just makes crap up...It's nice to find a network that represents the facts....tilt it at your own desire. Most people I know are somewhere in the middle. No one I personally know is hardcore left or right...they might lean to one side but they are not extreme one way or another. Believe it or not, some of the old farts I have as friends have this disappearing quality in today's world....common sense.

• Like 1

Al Jazeera America.

Ohh yes, the last bastion of honest journalism that is Al Jazeera....

Ohh yes, the last bastion of honest journalism that is Al Jazeera....

know what you are thinking and I was skeptical until I actually watched it for a few days...and it's Al Jazeera America....they bought "Current TV" from Al Gore. It's all good...don't want to check it out then don't.

• Like 1

"Paying bills" on a credit card makes no sense. They have to raise the debt precisely because they're not paying the bills.

You kind of need money to pay bills and the house is where tax bills originate which is controlled by repubs so just who is responsible for bills not being paid?

So - all part of "the plan" then?

Will the masses be rewarded with an increase in the chocolate ration from 4 to 3 in order to celebrate?

Not sure about the statement there WoH - sounds like sarcasm. But yes, I do feel the "plan" is in place to create a government controlled system of healthcare and I also strongly feel it will be a large step backward from the quality we currently have. There are many reasons that our current system need fixing and if we could put partisanship aside and get a national consensus on achieving a fair sharing of sacrifices then I think we could save all the best parts of the current system. Instead we are beating each other over the head with political BS and an "every man for himself" sort of self defeating donnybrook.
  • Like 1

Just curious. ..

The USA special forces just performed operations in Libya and Somalia.

How were these Seals allowed to operate when the American GOV is shutting down parks?

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

Now that we're shut down, it's no wonder Obama wanted to launch missiles at people that never attacked us. It's another big shot in the underpants for the defense industry, Mister President, and a rising tide raises all boats. It doesn't matter to our bureaucrats or most of our population that we'll have 10,000 more p***ed off Muslim militants screaming "Allahu Akbar!" attacking us from God knows where. It's more important to talk mountains of bs and hide the reason the American people are being attacked. I bet 99% of the American people have no clue why they were attacked on 9/11.

A nation full of idiots is a nation easy to govern.

• Like 2

Just curious. ..

How were these Seals allowed to operate when the American GOV is shutting down parks?

Government employee's are classified as essential and non-essential. It's only the non-essential one's that are furloughed.

Seals (and pretty much all of the US's Military Forces) are classified as essential.

• Like 1

Just curious. ..

It's still Guns and Butter. Always has been for the US.

• Like 1

Now that we're shut down, it's no wonder Obama wanted to launch missiles at people that never attacked us. It's another big shot in the underpants for the defense industry, Mister President, and a rising tide raises all boats. It doesn't matter to our bureaucrats or most of our population that we'll have 10,000 more p***ed off Muslim militants screaming "Allahu Akbar!" attacking us from God knows where. It's more important to talk mountains of bs and hide the reason the American people are being attacked. I bet 99% of the American people have no clue why they were attacked on 9/11.

A nation full of idiots is a nation easy to govern.

Very true but this nation was full of idiots long before Obama and will be long after

Very true but this nation was full of idiots long before Obama and will be long after

Never before have Americans been more reliant on govt

The US is the greatest debtor nation in the history of mankind. When the bills come due Americans will wise up fast.

• Like 2

Never before have Americans been more reliant on govt

The US is the greatest debtor nation in the history of mankind. When the bills come due Americans will wise up fast.

Americans have already wised up. - ObamaCare isn't free ??? - Forget the whole thing!

The deductibles are how high ?!!!

• Like 1