Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams of Shadow People.

VERsponsible

SO, I think I'm posting this in the right topic. If not, please tell me. Let me just get into this.

I have been having dreams of shadow people, randomly and out of the blue. My first dream was when I was outside late at night. I was standing in a parking lot and in front of me were 6 shadow children. 5 of them were black figures with a white blank face and 1 was an all black figure with the eyes outlined in black or red. I got this feeling of fear because I always thought shadow people were evil. It wasn't until I did research and talked to a few people that I found out not ALL of them are bad. Also, I woke up RIGHT after my dream which only happens when I'm really scared.

My second dream happened 3 nights later. (and i know this was a dream bc I fell asleep with my lights on and in my dream they were off.) I was about to fall asleep and something told me to open my eyes. In doing so, I saw a shadow figure standing at the end of my bed watching me. I didn't sense too much fear but I was still afraid because I didn't know what was happening.

My third and currently my final dream happened last night which was a week and a day after I had the last one.Also, this was right after I had a lucid dream. I was watching T.V in my room with my mom. My door was cracked open a little bit and I saw a shadow ( i think it was a shadow child) standing there. It was just a black mass, no features or anything. In my mind I'm saying, "Close the door, close the door, close the door" and all of a sudden the door closes by itself. As far as the door closing by itself, I don't know if I did it or it just happened. If it was me, was it some power left over from my lucid dream or did I do it completely by myself?

Please tell me what you think! I would love to hear the input you have! :)

• Like 1

My honest opinion: Dreams are weird and people sometimes hallucinate stuff that isn't there when they're falling asleep or just waking up.

I've had sleep paralysis (not these days however), lucid dreaming, nighttime hallucinations, etc. but I've learned not to read anything into them. I regularly wake up hearing voices talking to me, thinking there's someone in my bedroom, etc. Sometimes I see swarms of flies crawling on the walls or ceiling and I can hear them buzzing. Weirdest of all are tactile hallucinations where I can feel someone trying to strangle me, pulling at my legs, etc.

Seeing and hearing and sensing things that aren't there when falling asleep or waking up from sleep is a known phenomenon.

I've had my share of shadowy figures in my bedroom (in my case it was always the grim reaper, shadowy figure in tattered robes carrying a scythe). I don't think it's anything real however.

If it happens frequently and bothers you I'd consult a doctor as it could be related to a sleep disorder.

I also have had several dreams of shadow aliens. Skinny little guys who have skin that absorbs 100% of the light that hits them so they have the shape of a humanoid but have the colour of the vacuum of outer space, like featureless silhouettes. Weird, but IMO not meaning anything.

• Like 3

Two-post wonder, technically. But give her a few days; not everybody spends half their lives online....

by human behavior, I agree with jesse. if the person is so concerned they would be back to read and respond. most likely, op didn't like the feed back and abandoned this site

Be happy (or upset) that I did NOT abandon this site. I just didn't realize people would actually respond. Anyways, I had another dream the other day. Kinda similar only I'm not sure it was a "shadow person" bc they were in a lot of detail.

JesseCuster, I don't have any sleep disorder to my knowledge and I always sleep fine. But uh, yeah. :whistle:

You dont need to have a sleep disorder for strange dreams. Often things that we tend to think about in our lives manifest in strange ways within our dreams.

I would guess you have an interest in the paranormal, Shadow People seem to be the prevalent flavor at the current time.

Having dreams involving them isn't strange really.

• Like 1

You dont need to have a sleep disorder for strange dreams. Often things that we tend to think about in our lives manifest in strange ways within our dreams.

I would guess you have an interest in the paranormal, Shadow People seem to be the prevalent flavor at the current time.

Having dreams involving them isn't strange really.

THANK YOU!! Someone who understands that I am not crazy! Also, I wasn't even thinking about shadow children at the time of said dreams. They just kinda happened.

Maybe not consciously, but the idea of them existed in your mind.

Subconscious is a bizzare strange place.

For example, i'm usually doing horrific violence in my dreams.

Do I do that?

no.....i prefer my violence to be more effecient

• Like 1

Hmmm, I know. Quick question: do you believe in any of this?? Not saying it to be mean!

We not seeing it as paranormal, just normal.

Brian Topp, Have you ever had a paranormal experience at all? I'm just asking around because a lot of the people I talked to (with the exception of one) said they don't believe it or think I'm mental.

Oh, well I have been given no reason to believe in the supernatural that satisfies me. That being, scientific evidence.

However, I would like the things said to be true.

Thats the funny thing about skeptics, we are always looking for proof, be it of God, aliens, magic, cryptoids, deep down in every skeptic, they want to see that thre are things outside the scope of science.

I'd love to wake up one morning, and look out my window and see a pegasus munching on my lawn, or go out on a paranormal investigation job and find actual ghosts or demons.

Skeptics want to believe in the things people use faith to believe in. And we look for proof of them existing, or of being false.

in other words, no I don't believe in the supernatural, paranormal, or anything like that

• Like 1

Very interesting. Especially the part of all skeptics subconsciously wanting this stuff to be real. Never heard a skeptic admit that...

Brian Topp, Have you ever had a paranormal experience at all? I'm just asking around because a lot of the people I talked to (with the exception of one) said they don't believe it or think I'm mental.

I don't think you are "mental". I have been mental and it isn't what people think it is.

I have had things happen to me that I can't explain, Well i can guess what had happened but I suffer memory blocks from my child hood. Best example was when I was nine years old, my father was swinging a shovel around near my hand (to teach me a lesson about something) and something pulled me back, If i stood still, i would of lost my thumb but what ever pulled me back saved me. I did ask my mother years later but she doesn't remember it and I refuse to talk to my father about it.

I suffer memory blocks, Things would trigger memories that i had buried and would rise up. Each time i regain a memory I would try and rebury it. Last month, A coworker put a box on my head and i suddenly I remembered how one time my dad locked me in the trunk of the car for a whole day because I poured too much water in a cup to drink and he said i was going to waste it and i don't pay for it.

Any way, If I had to guess, It could be one of my dad's mates who did it or my uncles who was there.

I do believe in paranormal, I believe in ghosts, I just don't believe a lot of people tell me or show me because there are easy explained things and I have seen so many times people embellish or lie, which only hurts paranormal reputation.

Edited by Brian Topp

Very interesting. Especially the part of all skeptics subconsciously wanting this stuff to be real. Never heard a skeptic admit that...

I figure, if they didn't want to believe, they wouldn't keep looking.

Do you believe in people that are intuitive?

No, not at all. I believe people claim to be intuitive in hindsight,or if they claim to be intuitive about other people, that we read subtle cues in body language between each other constantly.

• Like 2

JesseCuster, I don't have any sleep disorder to my knowledge and I always sleep fine. But uh, yeah. :whistle:

I've never been diagnosed with any sort of sleep disorder either but I still hallucinate things you probably can't even imagine several times a week.

Perhaps I'm being premature here comparing my situation with yours, but I regularly get nighttime (and even daytime) hallucinations. The most common are audiohallucinations where I hear non-existent voices when I wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning. Other common types are visual where I see shadowy figures, swarms of bugs on my bedroom walls, etc. I also experience combos of hallucinations - visual hallucinations of swarms of bees of flies crawling the walls combined with buzzing of said insects.

The worst and most annoying (but because I know what they are I can deal with them as annoying as they are) are the combos of tactile hallucinations involving being strangled along with other hallucinations involving seeing or hearing stuff. Annoying as hell if for no other reason that it prevents me sleeping a sound night's sleep.

BTW, I wasn't trying to diagnose you with a sleep disorder. I was offering advice for a possible cause of your experiences. If you're not interested, then fine.

Good luck to you but be prepared for myself and others to offer mundane explanations for your experiences.

But, uh, yeah, good luck. :whistle:

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1

Do you believe in people that are intuitive?

The idea that people are either intuitive or non-intuitive is surely an overly simplistic and dualistic view of humankind, no? Edited by JesseCuster

• 3 months later...

The idea that people are either intuitive or non-intuitive is surely an overly simplistic and dualistic view of humankind, no?

Hmmm, How so? Please explain.

• 4 years later...

Omg! I totally get it. I’ve had shadow people in a dream, or I thought it was a dream. Seemed so real that I thought they were coming too take me away to the depths of hell . So scary! Looks so real! I want to be skeptical but not sure what the heck is going on!