Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Creature with Greyish/Glowing Features

Xadika

Hello, my name is Annie and I joined this forum to try and find some answers to a very strange experience I had last night, and once before about six months ago.

Last night I had a very strange experience waking up from dead sleep. I might have been having a dream perhaps but I don't have any recollecton of the dream.

Anyways, I woke up to see a long black (almost black, very very dark grey) 6 and a half foot tall humanoid-type creature looking intensly at me from my dresser about seven feet away from my feet. It was very slender, and had human like features, but not like an alien's. It's features were illuminated in light grey, such as it's cheeckbones, lips, the brows and underside of it's eyes, however it's eyes were black. It's eyes were pretty big, but not abnormally so. It seemed to be female. Either it has a very high forehead, or it was wearing a ponytail, but I saw no indication of hair. Whatever it is, it's kind of beautiful. Cheekbones were very defined. I wish I could describe it's body more, like whether or not it was wearing clothes, but I awoke to find myself looking directly at it's face.

Half asleep, I swiped my hand at it and said, "Just go away!" and blinked my eyes. The figure blurred after I blinked, but was still there so I blinked again and it was gone. I had a feeling of intense fear for a minute or two, and then just some unease before I went to the bathroom, and then back to bed (facing away from my dresser, sheets over my head) and fell back asleep.

Now normally, I feel as though the idea that a shadowy creature would simply be a figment of someone's imagination. Something fleeting seen out of the corner of one's eye. But this wasn't like that at all.

It was a creature that was very real. Like if I were to turn my head and look at anything, the reality of that thing was just as clear as this thing was. It would have been as tangible as waking up to find a burglar in your home, seeing another person, you know? It was there.

Now, this isn't the first time I've seen this thing. I've woken up to it's face looking right at me, laying side by side with me. Inches from my face, and groggily I would shoo it away with my hands and said something like, "Leave me alone, or go away". It is the same creature. Up close, it's substance is almost like static from a television, but it's almost completely black. Again, it's lips, cheeckbones, and the brows and undersides of the eyes are light grey (almost glowing, but not quite), it had black eyes. The eyes weren't static at all. The eyes are black.

The first experience I had with this thing I assumed that maybe I was waking up from some strange dream (except I had no recollection of the dream), but now that this has happened twice I'm not so sure. I feel as though if this were a dream, I would have had different sorts of visions, because blackish grey skinny-woman alien ghost thingies are generally not what I think or dream about.

I'm a bit worried about this creature. I've never seen shadows or glimses of it, and for the most part I feel at ease in my room. It seems very interested on both occasions to let me know it's watching pretty intently. Nothing is ever misplaced, or shakes, furniture going crazy or anything. It doesn't look angry, it doesn't look like it has any emotion at all. It just... looks.

Has anyone had similar experiences to things like this? Am I just seeing phosphenes in a dark room or something?

Edited by Xadika

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xadika

• DecoNoir

• HeathenRoyalty

Top Posters In This Topic

From the sounds of it, you may be experiencing what is called a "Waking Dream". This occurs when you wake up but your brain is still coming out of REM sleep. This happens often, and to all sorts of people, including me. Since REM is the stage of sleep where we experience dreams, its not uncommon to have hallucinations and feelings of intense fear accompanying them. I myself have seen phantom like shapes while experiencing sleep paralysis (another possible result of the brain being in REM).

The creature, as you describe it in terms of appearance and behavior, seems similar to the internet legends of "The Rake". You can look it up if you wish, but keep in mind it is just a modern day campfire tale, or creepypasta if your familiar with the term.

With that, sleep well! Most people experience these kinds of things in life, mostly as kids, so have no fear.

That does sound like a waking dream, remnants of the dream left over upon waking.

Is there anything I can do to prevent these sorts of things from happening in the future?

They're creepy, and they make me feel like I'm loony toons or something.

Is there anything I can do to prevent these sorts of things from happening in the future?

They're creepy, and they make me feel like I'm loony toons or something.

What ever it you normally do to prevent nightmares. That is to say, I got nothing. Each persons brain is unique, so you have to figure that one out on your own.

Maybe a xanax or something before bed, at least for tonight. :whistle:

Again, thanks for your help, you guys!

I might stick around on this forum for a bit. There looks to be a lot of very interesting threads on this site!

Agreed, new grey matter is always welcome.