Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what do you think likely aliens are?

ali smack

what sort of aliens are likely to exist. that's if they exist at all.

personally I don't believe there coming here. or they have spaceships.

but that's my opinion and believers are free to disagree with me.

I think IMO if they exist. there just bugs, or fish like animals that live in water

or human people. but with different languages.

what does everyone else think?

I think life is abundant in the universe and varied. There would be intelligent life elsewhere. Would they or could they visit? I just don't know.

i like this idea on aliens.. if you see a lot of links from me to this man, it is because of late i have been listening to him a LOT, getting ready for the new cosmos.. want to get used to neils voice as compared to sagans.. i gotta admit though, i really love sagans more.. but neil de grasse is nt horrid

http://youtu.be/KeJoVeKSsyA

• Like 2

I don't believe there is any life anywhere in the universe. Besides earth obviously and maybe some bacteria in our solar system with its origin from earth.

I'm open to changing my opinion though.

Glad that you brought this up, Ali!

I WANT to believe that our galaxy is regulated by a version of humans with zero neurological inconsistency. No cognitive dissonance, no incoherence.

I don't believe there is any life anywhere in the universe. Besides earth obviously and maybe some bacteria in our solar system with its origin from earth.

I'm open to changing my opinion though.

Certainly you know how absurdly huge the universe is, don't you?

So... Huge compared to what? Our universe could be small compared to other universes. Science knows almost nothing.

The type that cross the border illegally.

So... Huge compared to what? Our universe could be small compared to other universes. Science knows almost nothing.

Uh... I simply don't know what to say on this. It might be true in a huge, massive Kardashian or Lohan level stretch but they are working on it.

The type that cross the border illegally.

Would be interesting if we have just as many illegals from Eastern Europe. :)

So big that it sat on a rainbow and made skittles.

I bet there are some aliens on a planet a lot like ours positioned the same distance from a star like us, that are very similar to humans. I wonder what kind of differences could come about between the hypothetical 2 just on their own, even if most of the conditions were the same planet/temp/environment-wise.

• Like 1

So big that it sat on a rainbow and made skittles.

I bet there are some aliens on a planet a lot like ours positioned the same distance from a star like us, that are very similar to humans. I wonder what kind of differences could come about between the hypothetical 2 just on their own, even if most of the conditions were the same planet/temp/environment-wise.

We are royally screwed if they can do FTL navigation and believe that monotheism is a blasphemy.

I think Neil has a point there, IF there is any intelligent life out there why would they be concerned about us, Hononestly I dont know what an alien species would look like, I dont think it would look like the iconic Greys though. Thats just my opinion of course

I don't see your point, but I think his was in trying to get you to see how irrational it is to think one almost unfathomably small planet next to one almost unfathomably small star in one almost unfathomably small galaxy is the only place where life exists in a literally unfathomably large universe.

JQTrEh5.png

• Like 1

what sort of aliens are likely to exist. that's if they exist at all.

personally I don't believe there coming here. or they have spaceships.

but that's my opinion and believers are free to disagree with me.

I think IMO if they exist. there just bugs, or fish like animals that live in water

or human people. but with different languages.

what does everyone else think?

Why do you ask?

I think Neil has a point there, IF there is any intelligent life out there why would they be concerned about us, Hononestly I dont know what an alien species would look like, I dont think it would look like the iconic Greys though. Thats just my opinion of course

Even if they look humanoid, they certainly wouldn't look like Greys. Now cue the nightmare scenario.

Alien: You are making me randy. You might like me when I am randy. But...hey wait aren't you male?

I think Neil has a point there, IF there is any intelligent life out there why would they be concerned about us

The same reason we would be concerned about them, I'd assume. Finding and learning about other life in this space we share. We do it on our planet; why would it stop there? Don't stop until you're done.

• Like 1

The same reason we would be concerned about them, I'd assume. Finding and learning about other life in this space we share. We do it on our planet; why would it stop there? Don't stop until you're done.

Or their leader has the mindset of Neo-Con Evangelicals...except that they are some kind of uber-pagans...

I don't see your point, but I think his was in trying to get you to see how irrational it is to think one almost unfathomably small planet next to one almost unfathomably small star in one almost unfathomably small galaxy is the only place where life exists in a literally unfathomably large universe.

History proves that truth isn't always rational.

Uh... I simply don't know what to say on this. It might be true in a huge, massive Kardashian or Lohan level stretch but they are working on it.

The key word is almost. Science knows almost nothing. Science is more about theories than actual laws.

I for one do not believe in Aliens. I believe what we are seeing flying around in our atmosphere is demonic at it's core. If there were proof of extraterrestrial life then this conversation and others like it would cease to exist. :tu:

Edited by Ogbin

Our Earth is a tiny blue marble in the vastness of space. It would be foolish to think that we are the only highly functioning lifeforms in this universe.

We may not have encountered other lifeforms as of yet; however, no one knows what the future holds and so it is unlikely that anyone can say with certainty -now- that we will continue to be the only ones.

Perhaps one day in the distant future from now what will be said of us: (As Arthur C Clarke once wrote ):

"...that a trillion years from now an advanced civilization will look back at us with envy and say "They knew the Universe when it was young." [source: http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/10/humans-may-be-one-of-the-first-intelligent-species-in-the-universe-weekend-feature.html]

All we actually know is our present and just because we haven't encountered other worldly beings does not mean they do not exist somewhere else on their own tiny blue marble out there in the vastness of space.

"The distances separating the stars are so vast that it would take a very advanced civilization—perhaps thousands or even millions of years more advanced than ours—to bridge those distances. In other words, any extraterrestrial civilization that visited us, hypothetically or in reality, would be using a technology that we can only dream about here on planet Earth." -- Dr. Michio Kaku

We will continue to search, to imagine, to dream. We will explore and strive to expand our knowledge, because that is the Human condition. It is what makes us... Us. We have a tendency to hope and to believe that anything can be possible and so far, regarding the nature of this matter, the possibility is certainly higher than not.

How utterly awful would it be to just accept that it is just us on our beloved tiny 'pale blue dot' amongst the high number of stars, such a high number that it would take a lifetime just to type out in numerical form.

Pretty damn depressing, I will say.

"Most of our searching has been confined to our home galaxy. Even if there are only three or four civilizations per galaxy, there are billions and billions of galaxies. This tilts the odds again in favor of finding extraterrestrial life." [source: http://science.howstuffworks.com/space/aliens-ufos/extraterrestrial-life-odds2.htm]

"Louisa Preston, an astrobiologist at Open University in the U.K., investigates the telltale signs of biology that could help us locate life in space. "It's now predicted that there are 17 billion Earth-like planets in our galaxy alone," Preston says. "And since our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions in the universe, the chances of finding life are increasing exponentially." [source: http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/space/deep/the-case-for-alien-life-15756398]

Here are three reasons as to why the above citation is true: (You can read in-depth about the following using the above source of which is linked)

1. Water is Commonplace, Not Rare.

2. Life is More Versatile Than We Believed.

3. Planets Are the Rule, Not the Exception.

Perhaps we should shift our eternal question from: 'Are we alone?' to 'Will we find each other one day?' The next time you look up to the stars raise your hand and wave, 'Hello!' You never know who might be looking out across the Cosmos at us.

Kind Regards

• Like 4

I think it'll be more Doctor Who (ie green ;)) then Star Trek (ie where everyone looked like humans with bumpy foreheads and an aversion to using contractions).

Who always tried to make their aliens look alien (such as the Rill, the Rutans, the Fendahleen, Zarbi, even their people in costumes aimed for "evolved from something other then primates" like the Menoptera (the first real attempt at an alien society and mindset in Who incidentally) or the Slitheen). Mind you, it also said the unvierse was full of people who looked exactly like humans (it was explained as being the fault of the Time Lords - who look exactly like humans - establishing a sort of a morphic field where Time Lord like life evolves on worlds like Gallifrey (the Time Lord homeworld) because they were amongst the first species to evolve in the universe).

• Like 2

I think it'll be more Doctor Who (ie green ;)) then Star Trek (ie where everyone looked like humans with bumpy foreheads and an aversion to using contractions).

Who always tried to make their aliens look alien (such as the Rill, the Rutans, the Fendahleen, Zarbi, even their people in costumes aimed for "evolved from something other then primates" like the Menoptera (the first real attempt at an alien society and mindset in Who incidentally) or the Slitheen). Mind you, it also said the unvierse was full of people who looked exactly like humans (it was explained as being the fault of the Time Lords - who look exactly like humans - establishing a sort of a morphic field where Time Lord like life evolves on worlds like Gallifrey (the Time Lord homeworld) because they were amongst the first species to evolve in the universe).

Looking forward to November! Roll on 50th Anniversary special!

i love doctor who, but it is not all good either, i mean look at the time lords and their planet.. even though they tried to live peacefully, the daleks and time lords went to war, and the doctor ended up destroying all the time lords.. so when you look at that, it is like.. woah.. what will we humans do to ourselves when we cannot even get along!