Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tasmanian Tiger

ali smack

Do you think it still exists or is extinct.

I watched a show ray mears did about tasmanian wildlife and he spoke to some people who claimed to have seen it.

I personally thought they seemed truthful and belivable.

I think they could still exist.

• Like 3

I'd like to think it still existed, but then I'd like to think we haven't driven the world's tiger population into terminal decline as well.

They were thought to be extinct, but I too have heard of reports of sightings of it. I think they could possibly still be alive, keeping hidden somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like for it to still be out there

I would really like for it to still be out there

+1, saw a documentary about this some time back, awesome creature. :tu:

I think its dead, it seems all we have to go by are people saying they saw it.

people lie, and or are often wrong.

• Like 2

While i agree 110%

Hope is one of the best motivators in almost all situations.

It could definitely be possible in my opinion. Unlikely, but possible. Maybe there's a small population that's still alive somehow?

I think its dead, it seems all we have to go by are people saying they saw it.

That's true. There have web a few sightings around, there also isn't much to conflict with as far as a Tasmanian tiger goes, it's unique in the area it lives in.

That's true. There have web a few sightings around, there also isn't much to conflict with as far as a Tasmanian tiger goes, it's unique in the area it lives in.

except for feral dogs.

If I were the guys looking for the thylacine and I found solid evidence for it I would not disclose the information. Can you imagine all the crazy people that would show up in Tasmania to look for it? Of course it would be good for the tourist industry.

Thylacines are one of my favorite topics, but I'm doubtful there are any still out there. Also I definitely recommend watching the movie The Hunter, or reading the book it's based on, very good.

I watched a documentary on it some time back, quite depressing really. They had them in zoos all around the world but people were too naive to consider conservation, they just wanted to 'have the last one' back then.

I don't think there's any way they're still around, they were killed off out of ignorance and they weren't intelligent enough to learn to avoid humans.

Hi,

People often really truly believe they saw things they did not see. That's how magicians make a living.

Someone being sincere in their belief that they saw a Tas Tiger doesn't mean that it actually the case.

That being said, I believe they are still there, but in very small numbers. Part of that belief may be more hope than reason. I certainly do they think they persisted for some time after the last verified sighting, but whether still around is another question.

I watched a documentary on it some time back, quite depressing really. They had them in zoos all around the world but people were too naive to consider conservation, they just wanted to 'have the last one' back then.

I don't think there's any way they're still around, they were killed off out of ignorance and they weren't intelligent enough to learn to avoid humans.

they wernt, exterminated please remember that they were thought of by the dogs and dingos that the Europeans brought with them and along with the sheep and cattle farming. There was only one left in a zoo and I think that was a male, the only one left in captivity and in the wild.

Actually they were exterminated.

They were likely driven from the mainland by the dingo quite possibly before Europeans ever landed there but they persisted on Tasmania and there there was a high bounty on them there.

Hi,

People often really truly believe they saw things they did not see. That's how magicians make a living.

Someone being sincere in their belief that they saw a Tas Tiger doesn't mean that it actually the case.

That being said, I believe they are still there, but in very small numbers. Part of that belief may be more hope than reason. I certainly do they think they persisted for some time after the last verified sighting, but whether still around is another question.

Actually people do see what magicians do, they just use misdirection and/or sleight of hand. most tricks are seen by everyone. It's not about belief, just about speed and fluidity.

It would be cool to see a live thylacine though.

they wernt, exterminated please remember that they were thought of by the dogs and dingos that the Europeans brought with them and along with the sheep and cattle farming. There was only one left in a zoo and I think that was a male, the only one left in captivity and in the wild.

Yes, the last one died in a zoo, which was my point, that they realised far too late that the zoos could've helped conserve them, but these were different times when the animals were literally nothing more than exhibits (not to say there aren't still zoos like this in the world). Noone was checking on how endangered they really were, farmers weren't thinking twice about shooting any from their porches, and they were literally extinct when that last captive one died.