Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bigfoot' filmed in remote Canadian woods

UM-Bot

A new video has appeared online that claims to show evidence of a hominid creature lurking in the forest.

The footage was recorded by a man referred to only by his first name, Jim, who has been seeking evidence of the creature since 1996. The video was published around a week ago and was filmed in a ravine where he'd been searching an area of woodland with a camera in the hope of catching a glimpse of his target.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-canadian-woods

A lot of wandering and panning, then the typical furry suit figure. How many times can this same video get made and interest people?

Clear high quality video, nice transitions (what has been cut out?) and piracy warnings, convenient 'evidence' left behind...

To good to be true? I think so.

• Like 2

Would have been good footage if the camera angle wasn't aimed directly at the ground when he "knocked" and "bigfoot" moved.

Edited by ancient astronaut

First off, the guy wears Crocs - huge red flag right there. Seriously, and I'm not just joking, who goes afield in the great Canadian wilderness looking for elusive creatures wearing Crocs.

Second, he's got Bigfoot center frame and in focus, but yet keeps moving away and filming the trees and the ground. Why?

Third, how is he able to make height/weight ascertains from that video? Frankly, I don't see enough on that video to definitively say it was even a Bigfoot, much less how large it was.

Hoax.

• Like 4

There are a few things that made me believe its a fake.

The oblivious one is, the animals i mostly covert you can only see fur moving, and the cameraman didn't try to get closer or find a better angle.

And the guy face screamed fraud, he didn't look like someone who is honest lol

• Like 1

Yep, that does it, I am a believer now. Yeah, not really. This guy is tromping through the canadian wilderness sounding like an elephant walking, sees bigfoot, who has nice pretty puffy hair to be living outdoors, and cannot keep his camera on it. The thing is sitting still and he can't keep his camera on it? Also, I know the first thing I would do when I found evidence of a mythical creature is run right up there and put my grubby human hands all over it ruining any chances of any dna. Idiot.

mike

• Like 3

Yep, that does it, I am a believer now. Yeah, not really. This guy is tromping through the canadian wilderness sounding like an elephant walking, sees bigfoot, who has nice pretty puffy hair to be living outdoors, and cannot keep his camera on it. The thing is sitting still and he can't keep his camera on it? Also, I know the first thing I would do when I found evidence of a mythical creature is run right up there and put my grubby human hands all over it ruining any chances of any dna. Idiot.

mike

Here's an idea, throw a rock or yell at him so he looks in your direction - BAM, face shot on video for all the world to see.

• Like 1

What a phony, and for all the reasons everyone said.

• Like 1

A couple of questions emerge. He found both nuts and apples together where Bigfoot had been located. As best I recall, humans are the only primate to store multiple foodstuff. Also, given this is a Bigfoot abode, and advanced primates are known to make sleeping nests, why was there no effort made to locate a sleeping nest in the vicinity.

To give credit where its do, this was more entertaining than the majority of threads these past few days. Now on to my review...

First off, who pans the camera like they're filming a POV adult film? This is like how I would film a cheap "found footage" spoof, or the beginning of The Evil Dead. So we move on the see (gasp!) some slight rustling and maybe a few bits of fur in the background. Oh, but don't go investigate Mr. Cameraman! He might.... er, what, pull a "Legend of Boggy Creek" on you? Anyway, you can finally move up after you interupted Sasquatch's dump. And by all means use your Crocs to point towards the supposed Squatch toilet, implying that you give so little about this hunt that you can't even be bothered with footware. So we finally get to the sight to see a vaguely foot shaped patch of dirt and some perfectly intact apples. Thrilling.

I'd recommend this film to those who enjoy woodland scenery, quesrionable footware, and the first five minutes of exploitation movies.

I think it's probably fake. At frame 2.23 you can see a guy standing leaning against a tree and they quickly pan away from him. It's in the left half about 3/4 the way up.

BTW, this is from someone who has seen BF.

Odie

Nonplussed. I won't repeat all the reasons this video is garbage. You've all covered that.

I think it's probably fake. At frame 2.23 you can see a guy standing leaning against a tree and they quickly pan away from him. It's in the left half about 3/4 the way up.

BTW, this is from someone who has seen BF.

Odie

I keep rewinding to 2:23 and I can't for the life of me see who you're talking about...

What guy? There's only trees, I can't see any peson at all in that frame.

• Like 1

Full of sh!t. If he was such an avid bigfoot hunter and not one of the thousands of scammers than he'd have followed the "bigfoot" instead of acting like he had Parkinson's and filmed everything but.

And to top it off finds nuts, apples and stone tools sitting there.

Correct me if I'm seeing things, but I seem to detect a shoeprint at 7:38 on the patch of mud in the lower right corner of the screen. Bigfoot be stylin w0rd 2 yo mama

• Like 1

I keep rewinding to 2:23 and I can't for the life of me see who you're talking about...

What guy? There's only trees, I can't see any peson at all in that frame.

Good, I thought it was just me that couldn't see anyone there.

First off, the guy wears Crocs - huge red flag right there. Seriously, and I'm not just joking, who goes afield in the great Canadian wilderness looking for elusive creatures wearing Crocs.

Second, he's got Bigfoot center frame and in focus, but yet keeps moving away and filming the trees and the ground. Why?

Third, how is he able to make height/weight ascertains from that video? Frankly, I don't see enough on that video to definitively say it was even a Bigfoot, much less how large it was.

Hoax.

Well, he is Canadian...

Aha! so that's what to grandmas fur coat. :yes:

and he didn't seem scared or anything. You'd think if you were the one to find bigfoot, you'd hear the genuine fear/excitement in one's voice. His acting was worse than a syfy mockbuster.

What a load of horse hockey.

I made it until "There it is!!"

grade Z actor.