Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sunday evening UFO over southern Africa

JimOberg

Interesting. I do wonder if the space agency has a red phone to listen in on frantic phone calls during rocket launches. I'd take that job.

It is nice to know that the people in Africa see UFOs too.

It is nice to know that the people in Africa see UFOs too.

Why wouldnt they?

Why wouldnt they?

yeah UFO complaints are from across the globe but some are geniune and some are misunderstood/fake Edited by Saru
Text updated - please avoid using txt speak in posts

I'm guessing that since this launched from California, that it was traveling a different flight path then most east coast launches. So, probably few people in these areas of the world had seen a space vehicle launch and had no idea what it was.

Why do I believe Africa has less UFO reports? I think it is because I have never heard of one, or seen anything written about the subject. Other then probably Egypt, and the Mediteranean coast of Africa maybe.

yeah UFO complaints are from across the globe but some are geniune and some are misunderstood/fake

Can you define "genuine"? A lot are fake, and until little green men land and step outside of one of these UFO's, all others are simply misunderstood. Either being terrestrial aircraft, weather phenomenon, satellites, etc.

• Like 1

I'm guessing that since this launched from California, that it was traveling a different flight path then most east coast launches. So, probably few people in these areas of the world had seen a space vehicle launch and had no idea what it was.

Why do I believe Africa has less UFO reports? I think it is because I have never heard of one, or seen anything written about the subject. Other then probably Egypt, and the Mediteranean coast of Africa maybe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_sightings_in_South_Africa

• Like 1

Wow, that was stupid.... like most videos of UFOs.

Are you serious? Still better than 90% of other nighttime UFO videos, at least it's a real and strange looking object in the sky, and not just "a light". It's weird because the fuel makes it look like some sphere with a glowing center, and it doesnt have a trail like a minotour rocket that we've seen in other videos, I got intrigued until I read the article.

Well the Africans were right. It was an Unidentified flying object to them, we know however, what it was. An identified flying object (IFO) :)

Can you define "genuine"?

l genuine complaints...i meant with real outer earth objects...we saw something on sep10 in india{plz read for detail ,'UFO appeared during discussion on Moon Hoax' in same forum and same page. that day changed our way of thinking,i have stopped laughing at other Ufo complaints.i don't know other cases much because i wasn't interested before sep10, one cop in US shot one video.that as well make sense to me.

yeah UFO complaints are from across the globe but some are geniune and some are misunderstood/fake

thanks for edit, if i am not on pc ,mobile browser give me freedom to type few words only in reply.

Why do I believe Africa has less UFO reports? I think it is because I have never heard of one, or seen anything

Yah i used to think same about india but on sep10 i was only one among 9, who realized its something wrong with very bright orange object.due to lack of knowledge they don't even pay attention to them{good though} because as soon as i pointed to it,it started to turn left like flash light..reacted. Even taboo in India to not point them{they believe it is voodoo 'Ghaath' will burn us otherwise.

Why do I believe Africa has less UFO reports? I think it is because I have never heard of one, or seen anything

Yah i used to think same about india but on sep10 i was only one among 9, who realized its something wrong with very bright orange object.due to lack of knowledge they don't even pay attention to them{good though} because as soon as i pointed to it,it started to turn left like flash light..reacted. Even taboo in India to not point them{they believe it is voodoo 'Ghaath' will burn us otherwise.

I live in Africa, I'll have ya know. And also, it does not absolutely mean that what you saw were aliens.

Edited by Blacksabbath

Salient points:

1. It was real

2. It was in focus.

3. It wasn't just a point of light.

4. The image didn't jiggle wildly or zoom in and out.

What lesson could we possibly draw from these amazing coincidences? :P

Edited by PersonFromPorlock