Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

#thisisObamacare

Rafterman

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBhgtaHR0cDovL3N0YXRpYy5vdy5seS9waG90b3Mvb3JpZ2luYWwvM2hXdWIucG5nFAIWABIA&s=Dg8JVrZC5YJQw7P7jX0U1L8XjchZ_VLTl4UYezOM474

7816_169238546404_164036221404_4308792_5415270_n_normal.jpg Paul Tonko @paultonko

Starting today NY's health insurance exchange is open! See how you can enroll http://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ #ThisIsObamaCare http://ow.ly/i/3hWub

This is from my Congressional representative. Unfortunately, the NY State exchange is currently down as is the Federal exchange.

As are most others from what I can tell.

http://twitchy.com/2...ites-dont-work/

Off to a bang up start. But are we really surprised? Even if you're a supporter of Obamacare, are you really surprised?

How many years? How many billions of dollars? And the stupid websites don't even work. If they can't get this right, are any of you worried about the real aspects of the program?

• Like 1

I live outside the US and I can get onto the NY site (and navigate it) just fine.

The reason many are experiencing difficulty is probably the amount of traffic. Not surprising, nor uncommon, and doesn't suggest "Obamacare" is a snafu.

• Like 3

There must be a lot of people looking for health insurance. I hope they find something suitable.

• Like 2

I live outside the US and I can get onto the NY site (and navigate it) just fine.

The reason many are experiencing difficulty is probably the amount of traffic. Not surprising, nor uncommon, and doesn't suggest "Obamacare" is a snafu.

And the amount of traffic wasn't anticipated? Knowing how controversial Obamacare is, wouldn't it have been prudent to GUARANTEE that at least the public aspects of it worked flawlessly on opening day?

What happens to a private company on their big launch day if the websites fail?

• Like 2

*sits*

*yawns*

*looks at feet*

*looks at half eaten cookie*

I'm thinking, they will be waiting a lllooomnnnnngggg time for people to sign up.

Seems places where it first said Obamacare here, for free.... now say Obamacare here for reasonable price.

LOL lol lol.

I watched the video. Signing up for it alone is a nightmare.

• Like 1

*sits*

*yawns*

*looks at feet*

*looks at half eaten cookie*

I'm thinking, they will be waiting a lllooomnnnnngggg time for people to sign up.

Seems places where it first said Obamacare here, for free.... now say Obamacare here for reasonable price.

LOL lol lol.

I watched the video. Signing up for it alone is a nightmare.

I'm sure there are a lot of low information types out there who are going to be severely disappointed when they learn that it's not free.

• Like 3

Let's see, if I have a preexisting condition, I'll go through the exchange and purchase the Bronze plan and I'm set for life!

• Like 2

Let's see, if I have a preexisting condition, I'll go through the exchange and purchase the Bronze plan and I'm set for life!

Sorry, we just got a memo from iPAB. They told us to give you a pain pill and send you home. Have a nice day! :st

Most people I know are calculating how much it will cost to pay the yearly Fines.

As they're cheaper than the premiums.

Affordable aschmordable

• Like 1

My pre-existing condition is apathy

I'm afraid they will try to euthanize me

• Like 1

So far so good:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/10/03/insurance-manager-we-have-yet-to-have-someone-successfully-register-on-the-marketplace/

Insurance Manager: ‘We Have Yet To Have Someone Successfully Register On The Marketplace’

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Overloaded websites and jammed phone lines frustrated consumers for a second day as they tried to sign up for healthicon1.png insurance under the nation’s historic health care overhaul.

That was putting pressure on the federal government and the states that are running their own insurance exchanges to fix the problems amid strong demand for the private insurance plans.

“I think I’m through with Hawaii Health Connector,” said Richard Gamberg, 61, of Honolulu, after tweeting messages to officials and complaining to state lawmakers on Wednesday. “They’ve got ads in the newspaper, they’ve got ads on the TV — it just flabbergasts me.”

• Like 2

Say it ain't so Cali:

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-california-health-exchange-glitches-20131001,0,7108713.story

California exchange overstated its Web traffic for Obamacare launch

California's health insurance exchange vastly overstated the number of online hits it received Tuesday during the rollout of Obamacare.

State officials said the Covered California website got 645,000 hits during the first day of enrollment, far fewer than the 5 million it reported Tuesday.

The state exchange had cited the 5 million figure as a sign of strong consumer interest and a major reason people had so much difficulty using its $313-million online enrollment system.

Dana Howard, a spokesman for Covered California, said the error was the result of internal miscommunication.

"Someone misspoke and thought it was indeed 5 million hits. That was incorrect," he said.

• Like 2

The sites are probably down on purpose. Everyday people cant sign up, is another day they dont know how they are about to get screwed, without even getting a kiss first.

• Like 1

The sites are probably down on purpose. Everyday people cant sign up, is another day they dont know how they are about to get screwed, without even getting a kiss first.

Yeah, I usually like to get wined and dined before I get screwed in the a$$.....

:)

• Like 1

Yeah, I usually like to get wined and dined before I get screwed in the a$$.....

:)

But yet if someone in your family was devastatingly injured, you would not hesitate to go to the emergency room to receive your handout.

But yet if someone in your family was devastatingly injured, you would not hesitate to go to the emergency room to receive your handout.

What handout? I have catastrophic insurance. And in any case, we'd pay it ourselves if we had to.

Not all people have nice, cushy jobs that allow us to post on forum boards all day long.... :whistle:

Explain that to me. Why wouldn't someone who went to the emergency room be responsible for their own bill? I'm not being intentionally dense, just naive on this.

If I incur a bill, regardless for what it is, I make every attempt to pay that. Why wouldn't the vast majority of emergency room visitors do the same?

• Like 3

Hand out? You act like people without insurance dont even get a bill.

Is it right that my insurance was risen through the roof to pay for others to get insurance? Whats the difference between that and you paying $922. Oh thats right, you could still afford your plan. Mine went so high I had to drop it.

• Like 1

Explain that to me. Why wouldn't someone who went to the emergency room be responsible for their own bill? I'm not being intentionally dense, just naive on this.

If I incur a bill, regardless for what it is, I make every attempt to pay that. Why wouldn't the vast majority of emergency room visitors do the same?

They do receive a bill, but how many people that can't afford insurance in the first place afford a $50,000 medical bill? $50 billion in medical bills go unpaid every year.

• Like 1

What handout? I have catastrophic insurance. And in any case, we'd pay it ourselves if we had to.

Not all people have nice, cushy jobs that allow us to post on forum boards all day long.... :whistle:

Yes, you are right, and I worked hard to get where I am. I tried college, didn't like it, so I joined the military for 8 years. Now I am working full time and putting myself through college as a full time student. Hard work goes a long way.

Exactly. Im sure alot of people skip out on the bill, but those are the folks who dont concern themselfs with credit scores. And we have alot of those people, cause they moved all our jobs overseas. Another horrible solution to a intentional failure.

• Like 1