Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Damascus gas attack not by Assad

Kaa-Tzik

Here is a link to a report carried out by and under the direction of Mother Agnes Mariam el-Salib into the Damascus gas attack of August 21. I have not read it all yet myself, but thought to link it here now. This is not the final report, which is due soon, it is what is called in the document a "rush translation".

On a brief look through I notice some photos that while not gruesome in a graphic way, may disturb some, though nothing not seen on TV news.

http://tarpley.net/d...outa-Report.pdf

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 4

For those not wishing to click links to pdf files, here is a summary copied verbatim from the document. Some of this is already in the public domain, but the report fleshes it out considerably, particulary with names of the dead victims, an important factor strangely missing from all other reports and accounts. So many dead and not one of them had a name, or should I say not the "correct" type of name....

Finding: Ghouta Chemical Weapons Massacre Videos Preceded the Attack (pp. 4-5)

The 13 videos purporting to show the events in East Ghouta during the early morning of August 21 were complete and were uploaded to the YouTube social media site in California, USA, in advance of the earliest reports of the attack. Logs of activity on YouTube as well as downloads of the material by ISTEAMS members show that the videos were produced before the claimed chemical massacre.

Finding: Ghouta Is a Ghost Town, the Population All Fled the Rebels (pp. 8-11)

East Ghouta is a distant eastern suburb (exurb) of Damascus that was until recently a farming community. The urban population came mostly from Damascus and fled there as refugees to family members when rebels seized the town. Ghouta is no longer a community that includes women and children, but rather an armed camp of militant men, including many violent zealots. The social picture represented in insurgent videos is at complete variance with the demographic facts and street scenes of Ghouta under occupation there are no women or children to be seen at all. Also,insurgent medical responders appearing in videos revealed that large numbers of children casualties were sleeping dormitory style in a few facilities, where they were all killed by gas in the early hours of August 21st (page 11). Even though the children were assembled together in Ghouta, their names are never given.

Finding: Major Medical Discrepancies in Videos (pp. 12-13)

Medical personnel presented in the videos and subquent news presentations by al Jazeera differ starkly in their factual accounts of events, the availability of medication and its efficacy in the situation, and their personal safety while working with chemical weapons victims and environments.

Finding: No Women; Children Shown Sleeping on Floors in Street Clothes (pp. 14-17) Videos depicting the casualties show large numbers of children supposedly sleeping on floors and wearing day clothes. Families shown together also wear day clothes.

Finding: Staged and Fake Images (pp. 19-35)

A sensational photograph claimed as proof of the attack actually shows casualties from an Egyptian riot. Other images are obviously staged and many use victims as props. Still others appear to show children dead, and then subsequently alive. This is unlawful propaganda of the most cynical and ghoulish kind.

Finding: Victims May Be Abducted Women and Children from Latakia (pp. 36-43)Possibly most disturbing, the findings of this initial report establish multiple connections between the Ghouta massacre and a series of terrorist massacres and wholesale abductions in several towns in western Syria during several days in early August 2013. These massacres occurred in the region surrounding the seaport of Latikia.

CONCLUSION

Ghouta Child Victims Were Abducted by Terrorists from Latakia (Name list, pp. 45-50)After insurgents murdered the men in these communities, they organized mass abductions of the surviving women and children. ISTEAMS' report includes evidence that links these abductions to the ensuing chemical attack(s) that killed mainly women, children, and infants in Ghouta, east of Damascus, on August 21, 2013. Women and children who went disappeared after their families were massacred in Latakia appear to be among the Ghouta victims shown in Western propaganda videos.

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 3

Thanks for the link! :tu:

Very informative.....

I must say, that I tend to believe her on this.

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 1

Thanks for the link! :tu:

Very informative.....

I must say, that I tend to believe her on this.

Having now read all of it I think in just this interim report she has enough to demolish the rebel propaganda. This is going to be uncomfortable for many, and she only needs to be correct about just one video having been uploaded before the attack, but she provides a list of scores. Going to be difficult to explain this away. If this report is correct, then those responsible should be hunted until the end of their days. I have a feeling though that as she is not a powerful organisation or government, then she will be ignored in the US, UK and France, and by those countries media.

• Like 1

Regardless who it was that used these weapons the response is to do nothing. A flurry of activity is going on now for the world's cameras and consciences but there isn't really going to be any price paid for this atrocity. I have no idea who used the gas. I believe it was Assad but I realize it is also possible that the rebels did it. Hopefully there will be no repeat of this in future but I think there may well be. If some of this were used in a subway in the west and a few dozens or hundreds were killed then I would expect true outrage and a blind lashing out at someone. Chances are that it could never be proven conclusively. That seems to be where we are these days. There will always be doubt of who is responsible. Imagine if a terror group used a nuke and no real proof existed.

• Like 1

All the evidence shows the rebels did it. Especially the part where abducted children were recognized by the mothers.

How can abducted children suddenly become "victims" to a chemical attack in another city?

And she did a nice job exposing some of the videos and pictures as staged, for example the one which was actually

from the Cairo massacre, presented as evidence of a chemical attack.

• Like 3

All the evidence shows the rebels did it. Especially the part where abducted children were recognized by the mothers.

How can abducted children suddenly become "victims" to a chemical attack in another city?

And she did a nice job exposing some of the videos and pictures as staged, for example the one which was actually

from the Cairo massacre, presented as evidence of a chemical attack.

I sincerely hope that the rebels do not have access to these weapons. If they try a false flag against Israel we are apt to see the beginning of at least a massive regional war. Quite possibly it could escalate into the whole world.
  • Like 2

Remember all those stale chemicals that Saddam Hussein was supposed to have?

If they try a false flag against Israel ...Quite possibly it could escalate into the whole world.

That's what we've been trying to tell you about Obama, McCain, and all the other neocon forces of bipartisan flatulence in the govt today And no, it wouldn't be okay if Willard was doing it.

But maybe it's only the false flags against Israel that would usher in the war? That says everything I need to know about who the real threat to world peace is.

• Like 2

If everything you've said over the months about how dangerous Israel is is true, it needs to be dealt with harshly. Iron-fisted diplomacy is probably as harsh as I can think to be just so the country can save its face on the way out of this "relationship" we've been locked into for far too long now. I'm tired of seeing the US be targeted because of this bedamned stepchild in the Middle East we've guiltily inherited from our wonderful British allies. There's no room for sweethearts and secrets and backroom handshakes and endless sales pitches about righteousness in the 21st century. I know the difference between right and wrong. Israel is wrong and the accounting is piling up.

• Like 2

I sincerely hope that the rebels do not have access to these weapons. If they try a false flag against Israel we are apt to see the beginning of at least a massive regional war. Quite possibly it could escalate into the whole world.

The rebels have Sarin, it has been proved in other attacks and from the seizure of chemicals in Turkey. The Sarin used in the August 21 attack has the same chemical signature as gas used by rebels previously, except in a higher concentration. You want something done about this, I want something done about, any civilised person wants something done about this, but the way forward is not for obstructionism and cynical warmongering by the intellectual and moral pygmies Obama and Kerry working for the interests of US/Israel alone. Arabs are not "untermensch", and have a right to life. Luckily not all Israelis see them this way, and are more moral than the warmongers in Washington and the Western media that is psychotic in it's blood lust.

• Like 2

What happened to the Russian scientist one? the report that the Syrian government had? any news?

What happened to the Russian scientist one? the report that the Syrian government had? any news?

There is no Russian report specificaly about the August 21 attack. However, there was a Russian report submitted to the UN in July about the March 19 gas attack in Aleppo. This report was a proper scientific analysis, and though it concluded that this was an attack by the rebels using sarin, the report itself is not yet made available to the public. It is on what is in this report that I have said that the sarin used in both attacks was the same concoction, except for the sarin used in the Damascus attack being stronger.

• Like 3

Regardless who it was that used these weapons the response is to do nothing.

With all due respect, when there was a consensus of belief the Assad regime was behind the Gouta chemical attack the response was very definitely "to do something" - that something being direct military intervention. It was only the patience, diplomacy and insistence of Russia that prevented that.

You may be right, however, that the result this time will be to do nothing, as declaring the rebels (or factions within them) as the war criminals responsible would undermine the Western powers' efforts to isolate and discredit Assad's govt.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 5

If everything you've said over the months about how dangerous Israel is is true, it needs to be dealt with harshly. Iron-fisted diplomacy is probably as harsh as I can think to be just so the country can save its face on the way out of this "relationship" we've been locked into for far too long now. I'm tired of seeing the US be targeted because of this bedamned stepchild in the Middle East we've guiltily inherited from our wonderful British allies. There's no room for sweethearts and secrets and backroom handshakes and endless sales pitches about righteousness in the 21st century. I know the difference between right and wrong. Israel is wrong and the accounting is piling up.

So say most nations on the planet. It stands to reason that eventually they WILL attempt to "settle accounts". So be it.

Remember all those stale chemicals that Saddam Hussein was supposed to have?

That's what we've been trying to tell you about Obama, McCain, and all the other neocon forces of bipartisan flatulence in the govt today And no, it wouldn't be okay if Willard was doing it.

But maybe it's only the false flags against Israel that would usher in the war? That says everything I need to know about who the real threat to world peace is.

Are you really saying that an Israeli COUNTER STRIKE makes THEM the threat? Wow man, just...wow. Kind of says it all.

Are you really saying that an Israeli COUNTER STRIKE makes THEM the threat? Wow man, just...wow. Kind of says it all.

You didn't say strike, you said "if they try a false flag against Israel". Should all the false flags have resulted in wars because the one attacked counter strikes?

A Syrian counterstrike makes them a threat. When are they going to counterstrike Israel for blowing up their nuclear facility? If they were in the planning for doing so, that wouldn't be a threat? When is some motivated regime or sub-state actor going to counterstrike the US for Iraq, for Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, or a dozen other places? They're not a threat?

You didn't say strike, you said "if they try a false flag against Israel". Should all the false flags have resulted in wars because the one attacked counter strikes?

A Syrian counterstrike makes them a threat. When are they going to counterstrike Israel for blowing up their nuclear facility? If they were in the planning for doing so, that wouldn't be a threat? When is some motivated regime or sub-state actor going to counterstrike the US for Iraq, for Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, or a dozen other places? They're not a threat?

In your world Yam everyone has a right except Israel. I stopped expecting the world to be fair somewhere just after first grade. Eventually enough a-holes will get together and try to gut the Israelis like a fish - then it's on. Nothing nice for anyone at that point.

In your world Yam everyone has a right except Israel. I stopped expecting the world to be fair somewhere just after first grade. Eventually enough a-holes will get together and try to gut the Israelis like a fish - then it's on. Nothing nice for anyone at that point.

I've never mentioned such a right Israel doesn't have before, what right or rights are you talking about? In my world everyone has the same rights. The fear and war mongering doesn't phase me. I don't know what's going to happen and it's none of my business. The government while making it our business puts the whole country at risk. Supporting Al Qaeda is anti-American. I think the least we can do to honor the lives of 3000 dead Americans is to stop arming their would-be killers. I know that's heresy to a Zionist because Israel deserves rights others don't according to you, international law bedamned.

• Like 1

I've never mentioned such a right Israel doesn't have before, what right or rights are you talking about? In my world everyone has the same rights. The fear and war mongering doesn't phase me. I don't know what's going to happen and it's none of my business. The government while making it our business puts the whole country at risk. Supporting Al Qaeda is anti-American. I think the least we can do to honor the lives of 3000 dead Americans is to stop arming their would-be killers. I know that's heresy to a Zionist because Israel deserves rights others don't according to you, international law bedamned.

Not so - at least not to the extent you are implying. I have never said I wanted al Qaeda armed. Since a great number of those "laws" were put into place to hassle Israel then yeah - I think they should be able to ditch them if it means their survival. And stop with the same tired old accusations that I support every act of the Israeli govt. It just isn't true. You constantly speak about the rights of all yet you do not take reality into account. No matter how much we might WANT fairness in international relations, it just doesn't exist for the most part. If Israel is the only one being castigated (or physically attacked) for lapses in your idea of fairness then how "fair" is that?

Not so - at least not to the extent you are implying. I have never said I wanted al Qaeda armed. Since a great number of those "laws" were put into place to hassle Israel then yeah - I think they should be able to ditch them if it means their survival. And stop with the same tired old accusations that I support every act of the Israeli govt. It just isn't true. You constantly speak about the rights of all yet you do not take reality into account. No matter how much we might WANT fairness in international relations, it just doesn't exist for the most part. If Israel is the only one being castigated (or physically attacked) for lapses in your idea of fairness then how "fair" is that?

If it doesn't exist, make it exist. That would be reason to agree even more enthusiastically.

Someone will always be attacked somewhere eventually. Complaining that it isn't fair doesn't confer a policy choice. Israel has received a lot in its lifetime so in the interest of per-capita fairness you're in last place so of course you need to throw out the concept. Having universal standards good enough for everyone is fair. Ratify the nuclear convention, Israel. Ratify the chemical convention, Israel. Ratify the biological convention, Israel. Batting 0/3 isn't good enough. WMD rogues should be treated as such.

And here is some prime Alice in Wonderland thinking from the UN.

Angela Kane, UN high representative for disarmament affairs, has been interveiwed by Russian journalist Oksana Boyko.

Boyko asked Kane if the UN team had requested examining dead bodies to take more samples, Kane said they had not, because “There was no need to exhume dead bodies” as victims’ accounts “are much more powerful.” And then went on to say “Dead body can’t tell you anything. The dead body can’t tell how the person dies, how the person was affected, how the person suffered. A living person can tell you that,”. And this utter garbage from the UN high representative no less. Does this low rent moron really expect anybody to buy this line that you cannot tell from a dead body how they have died.

With Mother Agnes's report, the now growing suspicion that the Saudis were involved in the Ghouta attack, the inadequate UN report and now this bilge from Angela Kane, it starts to look rather bleak for the war mongering Obama and his ridiculous fan-boys Cameron and Hollande, and of course the media. This story, already quiet now, will die I suspect. Though If it can be proved that rebels were responsible, and with help from the Saudis, then arrests should be made in western capitals, Obama, Kerry, Hollande, and even though thwarted by a vote, also Cameron and the reptile Haig. Riyhad should then given one hell of a scare that will have them cowering under a rock for a generation. However, I predict nothing clear cut from the entire sad affair.

• Like 1

And here is some prime Alice in Wonderland thinking from the UN.

Angela Kane, UN high representative for disarmament affairs, has been interveiwed by Russian journalist Oksana Boyko.

Boyko asked Kane if the UN team had requested examining dead bodies to take more samples, Kane said they had not, because “There was no need to exhume dead bodies” as victims’ accounts “are much more powerful.” And then went on to say “Dead body can’t tell you anything. The dead body can’t tell how the person dies, how the person was affected, how the person suffered. A living person can tell you that,”. And this utter garbage from the UN high representative no less. Does this low rent moron really expect anybody to buy this line that you cannot tell from a dead body how they have died.

With Mother Agnes's report, the now growing suspicion that the Saudis were involved in the Ghouta attack, the inadequate UN report and now this bilge from Angela Kane, it starts to look rather bleak for the war mongering Obama and his ridiculous fan-boys Cameron and Hollande, and of course the media. This story, already quiet now, will die I suspect. Though If it can be proved that rebels were responsible, and with help from the Saudis, then arrests should be made in western capitals, Obama, Kerry, Hollande, and even though thwarted by a vote, also Cameron and the reptile Haig. Riyhad should then given one hell of a scare that will have them cowering under a rock for a generation. However, I predict nothing clear cut from the entire sad affair.

Nothing will be done about this horror and I suspect it will be repeated at some point because of the indifference the world has shown. The Saudis are untouchable while they control such a portion of the world's easily accessible energy resources. Everyone else is cloaked in finger pointing confusion. Those who used the weapons will probably themselves die as the war continues - and good riddance - whoever they are.
  • Like 1

I'll ask again, what right did I ever say Israel doesn't have that everyone else besides Israel does? Israel must be held to account for its crimes, the same as anywhere else. Would I like the world to take a hard stance against the US until it puts its tanks back in the toy box? Not only yeah but hell yeah. So I eat my own cooking. I apply my own standards to myself every day of my life. Israel is beyond pathetic compared to most nations. And I'm not interested in subsidizing most nations either.

• Like 1