Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help with my movie

tsmonaghan

Hey guys, I thought this might be fun for some of you.

A couple friends and myself are making a movie, and I'm doing the script, some directing, and the music. This will be a good quality movie, as we have all the talent and equipment we need.

Heres where I need help.

I want this to be DIFFERENT. I don't want it to be the run of the mill scary movie. I don't really want blood and guts in it, Id rather it be the psycological thriller. Also, I'd like the ending to be totally unexpected.

That said, heres a general outline of the plot.

We have Rachel, who runs an antique store left to her by her mother. Someone comes in one day and sells her a box of antiques. Rifleing thru it, she finds an old necklace.

I've thought of things ranging from her putting on the necklace and it making her do things she doesnt remember, or she is repulsed by it for some unknown reason, and tries to get rid of it, and it keeps coming back... etc.

I do think it would be cool if she finds out later in the movie, that her grandmother killed someone for the necklace, and not its posessed... or something like that.

This is in its baby stages as you can tell, and I thought it would be fun to solicit some of your help. You can do it here, or by email. Also, your ideas can have a basis in reality or just be pure imagination.

It WILL be creepy... and it WILL have quite the kicker at the end, Im just not sure what . original.gif

Any thoughts would be great.

Tim

tsmonaghan@gmail.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crystalmoon

• tsmonaghan

• IdahoGhostHunter

• Silent-Storm

Don't know if this is good but here goes.The necklace could be handed down from generation to generation and has a curse on it.No that sounds to typical predictable maybe this. The necklace was given to her by a mysterious person who she doesn't even know the man looks nice and kind what she didn't know is that he killed his wife and kept her in the house for a long time. One day he decides to remove the necklace and keeps his wife in the attice or basement or crawlspace.He takes the necklace to the shop and the young girl ends up keeping it. She later has nightmares and begins to see the whole scene of the crime and the killing. She eventually goes to the detectives and tells them that a women was murdered. They don't believe her, until she convinces one of the detectives. The man starts to get paranoid that someone knows he killed his wife. He begins to go insane and crazy and goes after the girl at the shop who now owns the necklace, he thinks she said something to the detectives because they are snooping around and asking him alot of questions. The girl wears the necklace for the detectives and sees the dead womans body decapitated in the {attic or basement or crawlspace.} . They get a search warrant and find his wifes dead body. The man then gets arrested. The women that owns the shop sells the necklace for it has too many bad negative memories attached to it. The person that gets the necklace is a young girl who wears the necklace then sees visions of the shop owner killed lying in the back of her shop. She goes to warn her but the shop keeper doesn't believe her and wants to put it all in the past. One eveing when she is putting some things away in the back of the shop you hear the door bells jingle in the shop. Its late dark and we find that the man who killed his wife is out for revenge after doing { x amount of years } he did not have to serve a lifetime sentence. But we don't see who comes in and murders her. But it is him who returns and kills the shop owner. Years later a young girl comes in the shop to sell back the necklace. She thinks its cursed and evil and doesn't want it anymore.

Somone else buys the necklace { an older lady in her 50 or 60's } this person wears the necklace and starts to see the murder of the wife the shop owner, an sees the death of the new shop owner. She goes in to warn her and get rid of the necklace because she seems to think its cursed. When she walks in the shop there is a man in there looking at some very old books and looks up at the lady buying the necklace and gives her an evil grin/look. Gives her a killers look. She is his next victim. We then find out it is the man who was in jail for the murder of his wife and that he is on the prowl again. whistling2.giforiginal.gifmellow.gif

Wrote this rather fast and quick not sure if its what you wanted. I hope it doesn't sound confusing. Just an idea maybe something in it you might want to use for your movie. Good luck with the movie I hope you have alot of success with it and soemthing great/grand turns out of it.

If you haven't seen it I suggest you checking out a movie called Close your eyes based on the novel Doctor sleep. A movie called Doctor sleep also was made based on the book. Its different and scary/creepy. Not having to do with what your thinking of doing but I just thought it was a neat movie that was unquie and has a wow of an ending. I don't think my ending I posted is that great. I can't think of a { WOW } ending. Good luck with it. mellow.gifwink2.giforiginal.gifstretch.gifgrin.gifbounce.gifwavey.gifwhistling2.gif

Well i thought it was quite good crystalmoon, it was nice of you to help.

Well good luck with your movie guy's, and remember, quality not quantity...

love S-S.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've actually heard of a real necklace that did that...like strangled people that wore it--if i remember right, it belonged to a murderer or something....

Thank You sooo much to all of you , and those who PM'd me as well!

This seems like a great community and Ill be around for awhile!

Take Care All.

Tim

dude ur movie sounds cool! good luck with it!

I think this thread would be better off in the "Writer's and Artist's Hangout" forum.

Btw, Good luck with your movie tsmonaghan thumbsup.gif

Edited by TheOracle

That sounds like it has been done before in some Spanish movie I saw when I was a child. Except it was a doll and a little girl, but I am not sure if the doll made the girl do things or if the doll did them herself using her eyes. I think the doll would torture the girl's mother and the mother was scared of the doll and would try to get rid of it. The doll destroyed all the other toys and dolls the girl had, but the girl never blamed the doll for anything; she always loved her. I don't remeber the story clearly, but in the end someone burned down the house and there was a scene with a doll in a new house and a new little girl. I know it doesn't sound similar at all, but that's what it reminded me of when I read your post.