Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamacare Demand Signals Success

questionmark

Obamacare’s opening day drew millions of consumers to the law’s core insurance exchanges, offering supporters and investors confidence that if the websites can stay up and running, customers will follow.

In New York, officials said their exchange had 2.5 million visitors in its first half hour. California reported as many as 16,000 hits a second. And U.S. officials recorded 2.8 million visitors to the federal website, healthcare.gov, even as it fought technical problems much of the day.

The difficulties with the online insurance marketplaces gave new ammunition to Republicans who say the Affordable Care Act doesn’t work. President Barack Obama countered that the volume gives “a sense of how important this is to millions of Americans,” and administration officials said marketing of the exchanges will now start to pick up steam.

Read more

so,nobody wants it? Then why all that traffic on the websites (to the point they collapse)?

Weeellllll, a lot of people aren't working at the moment and almost everybody is curious how Obamacare compares now that it's actually being implemented. What better way to find out the facts than going through the application process?

• Like 2

Well since my insurance premiums, which rose a total of $46 a month from 2008-2010, have risen $143 a month since 2010, and will be rising again this year, I'll be checking it out. Not sure that ACA caused the dramatic increases (from around $15 a month each year to around $47 a month each year) or not, but if so, it is an effective way to force Americans to look into the exchanges. I'll report back on my results, if the system ever lets me in.

• Like 1

Call me shocked.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-california-health-exchange-glitches-20131001,0,7108713.story

California exchange overstated its Web traffic for Obamacare launch

California's health insurance exchange vastly overstated the number of online hits it received Tuesday during the rollout of Obamacare.

State officials said the Covered California website got 645,000 hits during the first day of enrollment, far fewer than the 5 million it reported Tuesday.

The state exchange had cited the 5 million figure as a sign of strong consumer interest and a major reason people had so much difficulty using its $313-million online enrollment system.

Dana Howard, a spokesman for Covered California, said the error was the result of internal miscommunication.

"Someone misspoke and thought it was indeed 5 million hits. That was incorrect," he said.

• Like 2

I have been trying to login since yesterday. All I get is "System is down". I tried about every 30 minutes last night from 5 til 11. Trying this morning. Will post an update later.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm trying at the wrong times (on the hour and half-hour), but still no success. Going to try at 15 and 45 past the hour now.

• Like 1

My brother-in-law has been trying and unable to get on the site. This is what I was saying about people who have no intention of signing on for Obamacare, but are just curious.

• Like 1

If you have a jumper, gawkers will crowd the streets below. That doesn’t mean they are standing in line to jump themselves or that it has taken over being the most popular spectator sport in America.

Of all those millions, how many are actually looking to sign up? How many non Americans are just looking to see what’s burning?

For those that are signing up, most, not all but most are the sheep among us. They are flocking in panic. The government threatens them, they kowtow to the pressure of coercion.

Success alright. In the spirit of the parable of the pigs.

• Like 1

As stupid as this administration is, I wouldn't doubt the sites are down simply due to having morons build and run them.

• Like 5

I have tried to log in as well and can't get anywhere. I am curious to see how the exchanges compare to what we have through my wife's employer.

I am not holding my breath. I have "heard" outrageous things, but I want to see for myself.

I am not a fan of this at all (in fact I hate being told to buy something) and I hope I can find a loophole out of it...not holding my breath for that one either.

• Like 1

I have tried to log in as well and can't get anywhere. I am curious to see how the exchanges compare to what we have through my wife's employer.

I am not holding my breath. I have "heard" outrageous things, but I want to see for myself.

I am not a fan of this at all (in fact I hate being told to buy something) and I hope I can find a loophole out of it...not holding my breath for that one either.

I'm against it as well, just trying to see if I can really save money on insurance. I have nothing against saving money!! :tu:

• Like 3

Congratulations, I have found your loophole. YOU ARE ALREADY INSURED!

Congratulations, I have found your loophole. YOU ARE ALREADY INSURED!

I know....I understand what you are saying...

My wife's employer rates are going to go up...we haven't been told by how much yet. Currently it's costing us about 500.00 a month but it's pretty crappy insurance. No dental, no vision...crappy prescription plan....basically only good for major medical.

$500.00 a month is a lot of money to me. I would like to find something better but I am not seeing anything...and I can't even log into the exchange to see if I can get a comparable plan for less money.

Most of my life, I have paid as I go to the doctor. I have been blessed with a fairly hardy metabolism and resistance to sickness. I understand I am getting older and that will be subject to change. In my mind's eye, I think you should be charged based on your medical history. I rarely go to the doctor and when I do, it's been relatively inexpensive...in fact, my medical costs have always been far less than what we are now currently shelling out a year in insurance premiums...even through the employer. That's $6,000.00 a year...(plus change). I have never spent that much in a single year even when uninsured...that includes the healthcare of my kids...who are now adults.

I'm just aggravated. I see lots and lots of fallout from this and it bugs the crap out of me.

• Like 1

Weeellllll, a lot of people aren't working at the moment and almost everybody is curious how Obamacare compares now that it's actually being implemented. What better way to find out the facts than going through the application process?

Then they run into - sticker shock - !

ObamaCare Bronze Plan : Expensive ......cheaper to pay the fine

If you do get the wonderful Bronze Plan then........good luck finding a doctor who will actually accept it!

If i fall off a ladder at home and break my arm and the bill is $4,500 then how much the Bronze Plan pay?

Third day, still trying...

Blue Cross / Blue Shield got a few phone calls but - ZERO - people signed up for ObamaCare.

:cry:

Then they run into - sticker shock - !

ObamaCare Bronze Plan : Expensive ......cheaper to pay the fine

If you do get the wonderful Bronze Plan then........good luck finding a doctor who will actually accept it!

If i fall off a ladder at home and break my arm and the bill is $4,500 then how much the Bronze Plan pay?

Everyone listen to cyberken. He is "in the know" as he said 4 days ago when he correctly predicted an eleventh hour deal with Obamacare getting "drop kicked" for a year. Oh wait...that didn't actually happen.

• Like 3

Everyone listen to cyberken. He is "in the know" as he said 4 days ago when he correctly predicted an eleventh hour deal with Obamacare getting "drop kicked" for a year. Oh wait...that didn't actually happen.

Both sides are waiting for the polling data.

Obama is running out of time.

The World War II Memorial has turned into a public relations disaster for the White House.

Also, ObamaCare is a dud at Blue Cross / Blue Shield.

McAfee Antivirus founder: “What idiot put this system out there?”

Oh, it’s seriously bad. Somebody made a grave error, not in designing the program but in simply implementing the web aspect of it. For example, anybody can put up a web page and claim to be a broker for this system. There is no central place where I can go and say, OK, here are all the legitimate brokers, the examiners for all of the states, and pick and choose one. Instead, any hacker can put a website up, make it look extremely competitive, and because of the nature of the system — this is health care, after all — they can ask you the most intimate questions, and you’re freely going to answer them. What’s my Social Security number? My birth date? … Here’s the problem. It’s not something software can solve. I mean, what idiot put this system out there and did not create a central depository? There should be one website, run by the government, you go to that website and then you can click on all of the agencies. This is insane. So, I will predict that the loss of income for the millions of Americans who are going to lose their identities — I mean, you can imagine some retired lady in Utah, who’s $75,000 dollars in the bank, saving her whole life — having it wiped out one day because she signed up for ObamaCare. And believe me, this is going to happen millions of times. This is a hacker’s wet dream. I cannot believe that they did this. … ObamaCare itself is the loosest of all. You can imagine the type of information: Medical records, personal issues, psychological issues. I mean, the government’s going to know everything in the world about everyone very soon.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/03/mcafee-antivirus-founder-what-idiot-put-this-system-out-there/

• Like 2

That's hilarious! Isn't John McAfee currently a fugitive for muder in Belize? LOL. Did this come from the Onion?! LOL.

• Like 3

McAfee Antivirus founder: “What idiot put this system out there?”

Oh, it’s seriously bad. Somebody made a grave error, not in designing the program but in simply implementing the web aspect of it. For example, anybody can put up a web page and claim to be a broker for this system. There is no central place where I can go and say, OK, here are all the legitimate brokers, the examiners for all of the states, and pick and choose one. Instead, any hacker can put a website up, make it look extremely competitive, and because of the nature of the system — this is health care, after all — they can ask you the most intimate questions, and you’re freely going to answer them. What’s my Social Security number? My birth date? … Here’s the problem. It’s not something software can solve. I mean, what idiot put this system out there and did not create a central depository? There should be one website, run by the government, you go to that website and then you can click on all of the agencies. This is insane. So, I will predict that the loss of income for the millions of Americans who are going to lose their identities — I mean, you can imagine some retired lady in Utah, who’s $75,000 dollars in the bank, saving her whole life — having it wiped out one day because she signed up for ObamaCare. And believe me, this is going to happen millions of times. This is a hacker’s wet dream. I cannot believe that they did this. … ObamaCare itself is the loosest of all. You can imagine the type of information: Medical records, personal issues, psychological issues. I mean, the government’s going to know everything in the world about everyone very soon.

http://hotair.com/ar...stem-out-there/

The specifics have surfaced regarding ObamaCare. Everybody is running away from it.

Even if you get the Bronze Plan, then you have to go on an expedition to find a doctor that will accept it.

Just pay the fine and run!

Option 2: Move to Costa Rica

Edited by CyberKen

Well what do you know. Just got a letter from my present insurance company. Starting next year the plan I'm on is going away because it doesn't qualify under the ACA. I've had this plan for over 10 years. The hits just keep on coming. What a freaking joke. I had insurance until the government program to help people without insurance came along, now I won't. Great job Obama!!

At least I got a lot of GObama signs out of his presidency.

• Like 1

Well what do you know. Just got a letter from my present insurance company. Starting next year the plan I'm on is going away because it doesn't qualify under the ACA. I've had this plan for over 10 years. The hits just keep on coming. What a freaking joke. I had insurance until the government program to help people without insurance came along, now I won't. Great job Obama!!

At least I got a lot of GObama signs out of his presidency.

That really sucks... :(

Well what do you know. Just got a letter from my present insurance company. Starting next year the plan I'm on is going away because it doesn't qualify under the ACA. I've had this plan for over 10 years.

Must be a really crappy plan. You didn't tell us how many plans they offered to replace it. And then if you don't like those NOW you have an alternative, you can purchase insurance affordably from the exchanges. Well that would be easier and cheaper if your state hadn't decided to not open an exchange and accept the medicaid expansion. Maybe there will be an exodus to blue states that actually care about the health of it's citizens.....

Must be a really crappy plan. You didn't tell us how many plans they offered to replace it. And then if you don't like those NOW you have an alternative, you can purchase insurance affordably from the exchanges. Well that would be easier and cheaper if your state hadn't decided to not open an exchange and accept the medicaid expansion. Maybe there will be an exodus to blue states that actually care about the health of it's citizens.....

You don't know a damn thing about my policy so your opinon of it is worth even less to me than your opinion is normally worth (which wasn't much to begin with).

It has worked for me for 10+ years.

Been trying to login to HealthCare.gov for days, no luck.

Maybe the damn government should simply stay the hell out of my healthcare!!

Obamacare (ACA) should adopt this motto: "Making the insured uninsured."

• Like 1