Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's "Horror?" Some faves

DeWitz

I was not aware you are in Japan. You know exactly what I'm speaking of then. I agree about Hollywood too, its all about making what the vast majority wants and not about quality. Sadly, when it comes to horror the vast majority knows squat and are more likely to be told what they want instead of seeking it out.

I will give Hollywood credit. I have never been one to watch horror that was not in English but since Hollywood has become so lame and due to the influence of my lady ( loves Japanese horror ) I've ventured outside that box. My lady knows much more than I when it comes to Japanese horror so I rely on her.

I do love the Howling films.

Here are some modern horror that I do like.

Ginger Snaps is very gloomy and atmospheric.

Scary Movie is full of twists and atmosphere.

The Shining is really creepy.

Book - Ghost Stories by Robert Westall. There are many I've read as a kid, but they are in my native language and I don't think they will be of any help to anyone here.

TV - Honestly, The X-Files is the only show that can scare the s**t out of me. Not the ridiculous conspiracy episodes or the b-grade horror ones, but ones involving serial killers and mind games.

Movie - Don't find horror movies scary. Sorry!

I liked Eraserhead. Forgot all about it.

I also liked Pumkinhead as it was a bit different. Plus, I really like Lance Henrikson!

• Like 1

The Haunting, the 1963 version

IT

Dark Water

Eden Lake, more disturbing than scary

Alien

Thats my top five based on fear factor.

• Like 1