Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boehner Emails to Reid Leaked

Kowalski

A series of leaked emails authored by House Speaker John Boehner’s chief of staff Mike Sommers show that the Speaker may have coordinated with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to exempt Congress from Obamacare.

The emails were leaked Tuesday by Reid chief of staff David Krone, who actually has a history of this sort of thing.

The leaks, which are a major taboo in Washington, show Boehner (R-Ohio) worked behind the scenes earlier this year to address confusion over a provision in the Affordable Care Act that would force members of Congress and their aides into the exchanges. In fact, if one were to go by the leaks, which were first published by Politico, it appears that the offices of Boehner and Reid regularly coordinated to exempt Congress from the health care law.

But given that Boehner is now apparently against congressional Obamacare exemptions, the emails make him look inconsistent and hypocritical – which may have been the point of their leaking.

Link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/02/harry-reids-office-leaks-boehner-office-emails-and-it-could-ruin-any-faith-you-have-in-washington/

Is anyone really surprised by this?

• Like 3

This monstrosity will almost certainly be funded eventually but I hope that at the very least they can plug THAT hole. Make them suffer just like everyone else dammit!

• Like 2

Be sure and get their latest book, at a bookstore near you......

"How to shoot yourself in the foot"

by the Republicans

• Like 8

The good news......many have no faith in the government to ruin. You Yanks need to take back your government....and soon!!

• Like 4

Your real colors are showing, Reid.

• Like 5

This monstrosity will almost certainly be funded eventually but I hope that at the very least they can plug THAT hole. Make them suffer just like everyone else dammit!

If Obamacare is so great, why don't Reid or Boehner get on it??

• Like 1

Is anyone really surprised by this?

I would only be surprised if they thought that anything they legislate to apply to the "little people", applies to them. After all, each of you are only worth one vote - and there are millions upon millions of other voters who can't be bothered thinking, or acting...unless the tv tells them to.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

I swear congress should have to work as free hookers at truck stops for the **** they pull

LOL... That made me laugh.... :)

If Obamacare is so great, why don't Reid or Boehner get on it??

because they already have insurance. Do you understand what the ACA is?

Be sure and get their latest book, at a bookstore near you......

"How to shoot yourself in the foot"

by the Republicans

My Mom was cussing them yesterday via text message, and she never cusses out loud, much less via TEXT, She said that "the Republicans could all go to hell." lol

They closed down the national park she lives close to.

When a pre civil rights, white woman in the deep south starts cussing you out, in the reddest state of them all, then you've really screwed up.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 3

because they already have insurance. Do you understand what the ACA is?

I had insurance too. That didnt stop them from screwing me.

• Like 1

Who, has any faith in Washington? Latest polls suggest about 10% of respondents.

The government protects and defends special interests and the MIC. It does NOT protect individual liberty or its constituents.

• Like 2

This was an intentional "leak" in my opinion....Reid wanted to make Boehner look bad....but seriously, does this surprise anyone? Behind the curtains, folks should see that those in charge don't really like Obamacare either but they are bending us over while trying to exclude themselves...

If there is a further erosion of trust....which is rather funny when very few actually respect it anyway...then they earned it. When the Fed Gov learns to get out of the way and allow "all" people a fair and equal shot to do their best...then maybe they can earn some respect. As long as they are in place to play favorites or give an edge to one group or another...they will never earn my respect.

I know they already have insurance...but...if they are going to force this on everyone else, they need to set an example and participate in it. Avoiding it simply shows to people that it is not so great.

The monthly costs and the deductibles on this thing are beyond stupid.

As a side note, I have tried a couple of times to log into the exchange to do a comparison of what is available versus what we get through my wife's employer...I can't even get in to do any research.

Part of me thinks this is being made a cluster fudge on purpose so they can push for a more simple, single payer system....I guess we shall soon see...and yes....if they go that way, then I expect everyone in Congress and GOV to have to deal with the fall out from it...everyone.

• Like 1

Of course it is. The government wants to control every single one of us from cradle to grave, and what better way than to force us all into "their" health system? They already have access to all of our medical records, bank accounts, phone records, etc.

• Like 1

The government wants to control every single one of us from cradle to grave, and what better way than to force us all into "their" health system?

the ACA is NOT a health system. And if you already have insurance you're not forced into anything.

The monthly costs and the deductibles on this thing are beyond stupid.

Actually they seem quite reasonable and in line with what already exists in the health insurance market.

the ACA is NOT a health system. And if you already have insurance you're not forced into anything.

Actually, I was talking about the government. Eventually I truly believe we will be forced into universal care, as in England. I know what the affordable health act is.

Actually, I was talking about the government. Eventually I truly believe we will be forced into universal care, as in England.

Universal healthcare would be great. But the ACA is a long way from that. It provides insurance for the 30 million unemployed.

Both Reid and Boehner are atypical buckets of slime.

:no:

• Like 1