Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Retired Police Officer sees ufo over Arizona

Spacenut56

UFO sighting over Glendale, Az on 9/28/2013 (150 Orange objects)

I am a retired state police officer from the state of Arizona after nearly 35 years of service. I live in north Glendale, north of the Loop 101 highway in the area of 67th avenue.

At approximately 7:15pm I happened to glance out my kitchen window that faces north, and I observed some bright orange lights traveling from the west to east. It seemed unusual, so I went out into my back yard to investigate further. At that time I observed multiple bright orange objects coming from what appeared to be the Lake Pleasant area which is approximately 15-20 miles northwest of my home. They were traveling from the west to the east. In my mind, I immediately thought these appeared to be Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO’s). I immediately thought to myself, “if I don’t get pictures, nobody is going to believe me.” I re-entered my home and got my I phone and started to take pictures. The objects were being partially blocked by some trees on the golf course so I decided to go out on the golf course where I could obtain non-obstructed pictures. I have a great interest in UFO’s and have done a fair amount of reading up on them and was convinced the probability was high ! that these were in fact UFO’s.

I filmed these objects for probably over 5 minutes. At one point my video stopped and I had to restart it again. I was in awe because they just keep coming. I would estimate as many as 150 of these orange objects. It’s hard to estimate their speed. They were not going as fast as a military jet and they were not stopped. They seemed to maintain a constant speed that I would have to estimate at 150-200 mph. I did not see any particular formation. There would be 5-7 of them traveling together and others following behind in a line. It appeared to me that when I first saw them coming from the Lake Pleasant area, that as they came higher they were trying to catch up to those ahead. They maintained a constant orange glow with no flickering. I observed no other lights on them, just the orange glow.

I know that the Phoenix area had reports of a meteor last night. This was not a meteor. A meteor travels so fast that if you blink, you may well miss it. Meteors are generally a white flash of light or fire looking and these objects were bright orange in color and had a controlled speed far less than a meteor. This was not a weather balloon as the government might claim. There were approximately 150 of them and they were rising at a speed inconsistent with a weather balloon. These were not Chinese candles (candle lit objects that rise from the heat of the candle). The objects were much too fast to be Chinese candles. These were not military flares as some might think. They were rising, not falling, as flares do after being shot into the air or falling after being dropped.

Once again these objects were traveling from west to east at approximately 150-200 mph and as they passed just slightly east of my home they seemed to just disappear. This parade continued for over 5 minutes. As some would disappear, others would appear from the lake area.

When all were gone, I went back into my house to call family to tell them what I had seen. Like most people out there some were believers and others had their doubts. I thought “but I have video proof”, and when I went to view the pictures, nothing was visible, just a black screen. I know what I saw and unless someone has a better explanation, I feel that I was fortunate enough to see what many of us hope to see someday and will not.

I have absolutely no reason to make false claims or file false reports.

This is from the National UFO Reporting Network in Harrington, Washington not far from me in Washington State.

Edited by Spacenut56
  • Like 1

He's just making it up for all the fame and fortune it's gonna bring him.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

"I have a great interest in UFO’s and have done a fair amount of reading up on them and was convinced the probability was high ! that these were in fact UFO’s."]

And once he finds out what U, F, and O stands for, he'll discover he was correct!

Edited by scowl
  • Like 1

And once he finds out what U, F, and O stands for, he'll discover he was correct!

I thought that sounded kind of weird for him to be saying. He's got UFOs and alien craft all tangled together.

He saw a military flying object.

Or more logically, he saw an aircraft he could not identify. People do it all the time.

As for this statement:

". I have a great interest in UFO’s and have done a fair amount of reading up on them and was convinced the probability was high ! that these were in fact UFO’s."

He had interest in UFO's, so naturally the first thing that came to mind when he could not identify the object, was that it had to be a UFO (alien). His imagination took over logic, so it's probably a safe bet to assume that some of what he thinks he saw, was just embellishment to go along with his fascination with UFOs. It's psychology 101.

Edited by Amerix
  • Like 1

Our case is alike.but i was non UFObeliever .Sep.10,8.14pm we saw very bright orange object in india.it was still when i saw it first but its later maneuvers and movement left no room for daubts that it was UFO/Sship(plz read 'UFO appeared during discussion on Moon hoax' in same forum. sighting is speeding up across the planet.

Edited by rajeev shagun

?Pal, it may be fact involved in to it,we better not laugh at ppl UFO sightings(like i used to do it before Sep 10 now my friends in Austria laughed at me that even Rajeev has seen it and confessed it) i have no idea what these objects are up to

?Pal, it may be fact involved in to it,we better not laugh at ppl UFO sightings(like i used to do it before Sep 10 now my friends in Austria laughed at me that even Rajeev has seen it and confessed it) i have no idea what these objects are up to

I don't know what they're up to either.

This is from the National UFO Reporting Network in Harrington, Washington not far from me in Washington State.

Can you post the source links with your stories please? And as a general rule a thumb, orange lights/fleets in the skies are 99.9% Chinese lanterns for sure, and the way he described them moving is 100% typical of lanterns

Can you post the source links with your stories please? And as a general rule a thumb, orange lights/fleets in the skies are 99.9% Chinese lanterns for sure, and the way he described them moving is 100% typical of lanterns

[media=]

[/media]

Ask a you shall receive: my source for this story, ( retired PO. sees' ufo over Arizona) was the following:

http://www.nuforc.org

Edited by Spacenut56
  • Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

Nope wrong again.

Please read the OP:

Once again these objects were traveling from west to east at approximately 150-200 mph and as they passed just slightly east of my home they seemed to just disappear. This parade continued for over 5 minutes. As some would disappear, others would appear from the lake area.

Turbo charged Chinese Lanterns eh?

Novel I suppose.

Nope wrong again.

Please read the OP:

Turbo charged Chinese Lanterns eh?

Novel I suppose.

Read it again, he said "It’s hard to estimate their speed", so any speed given is an estimate. Now if you stood some distance away from a motorway and watched a car doing 100mph, it would NOT look like it was going that fast at all, to judge speed accurately you need ref points, and besides, as said, most orange blobs in the sky are lanterns. Thats also why he said they blinked out after a short time. Lantern candles dont last forever you know

Now commercial airliners taking people abroad travel around 500mph. But when you watch them high in the sky it looks like they are crawling along, now doesn't it? At 500 mph that is

But you carry on doing what you do best, and that is believing and defending all and any ufo stories. Even the real ufo experts, and youre not one of them, know when to stop defending pure drivel :tu:

One thing i am sure for that he has seen those weird objects.what they could be that is the different matter.

Read it again, he said "It’s hard to estimate their speed", so any speed given is an estimate. Now if you stood some distance away from a motorway and watched a car doing 100mph, it would NOT look like it was going that fast at all, to judge speed accurately you need ref points, and besides, as said, most orange blobs in the sky are lanterns. Thats also why he said they blinked out after a short time. Lantern candles dont last forever you know

Now commercial airliners taking people abroad travel around 500mph. But when you watch them high in the sky it looks like they are crawling along, now doesn't it? At 500 mph that is

But you carry on doing what you do best, and that is believing and defending all and any ufo stories. Even the real ufo experts, and youre not one of them, know when to stop defending pure drivel :tu:

It's not exactly a defense.

It's an objection to flat out dismissal of someone's account without due consideration. Posting a clip on Chinese lanterns does just that.

That's pure arrogance at best, and rudeness at worst.

"I know best and everyone else is a pure idiot".

That's why I am here and I do what I do; to counter such arrogance and give people like this Police Officer a fair chance to be heard.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

It's not exactly a defense.

It's an objection to flat out dismissal of someone's account without due consideration. Posting a clip on Chinese lanterns does just that.

That's pure arrogance at best, and rudeness at worst.

"I know best and everyone else is a pure idiot".

That's why I am here and I do what I do; to counter such arrogance and give people like this Police Officer a fair chance to be heard.

well wrote pal,