Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PS2 Games

Imaginarynumber1

I recently modded my old PS2 and backed up all my games, now I'm looking for some more good titles to add.

I come here in the hopes of getting some good suggestions. I'm looking for anything really, expect those titles that I can get remastered HD versions of on PS3. (Metal Gear, DmC, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, etc)

I have

Xenosaga

Armored Core

Ace Combat

Kingdom Hearts 2

Maxio

Growlanser Generations

Disgaea

Ultimate Spider Man

FF 12 International

Mega Man X Collection

Dawn of Mana

And a few others I cannot remember right now.

So what great PS2 game are still out there?

1633597_1.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Imaginarynumber1

• Big Bad Voodoo

• seaturtlehorsesnake

• joshT

I didnt know that scientists play PS2.

Am I not allowed hobbies? I also enjoy reading, making masks and long walks through the woods. I'm a cat person, though I own only a dog right now and I enjoy my steak rare.

You'll have to take me to dinner to learn anything else. ;)

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

You are allowed whatever you like. Just Im surprised that scientists play PS2.

To be fair, I mainly play PS3, and shortly will be playing PS4.

Guest Nathan DiYorio

The TimeSplitters trilogy are among the greatest FPS titles known to man. The PS2 versions have longer loading times than their counterparts, but I think they offer a wider variety of resolution settings as a trade.

Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Legendia are really great if you dig fantasy anime RPGs and fighting games (their combat system is similar to that of Tekken mixed with spells and stats like most RPGs, if you're unfamiliar with the Tales franchise).

For sports, which aren't my usual, I prefer Hot Shots Tennis.

There's some really artsy games that I have that look nice, but I haven't tried them yet and can't recommend them honestly. If you like weirdness and horror and don't mind mid-list games, Trapt is a pretty interesting take on the Tower Defense genre of play.

I've been looking at backing up my PS2 library since the discs are getting kind of old and ratty. Are you able to play your back ups from a USB drive?

Edited by Nathan DiYorio

The TimeSplitters trilogy are among the greatest FPS titles known to man. The PS2 versions have longer loading times than their counterparts, but I think they offer a wider variety of resolution settings as a trade.

i'll add a heck yes in support of this.

I agree. Too bad they don't support online gaming anymore <_<

Edited by Mystic Crusader

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at backing up my PS2 library since the discs are getting kind of old and ratty. Are you able to play your back ups from a USB drive?

I put a 120 gb IDE drive in my ps2. You have to use a ps2 network adapter to use the hard drive, but using OPL you can play backups off there. I also use ESR to patch and burn backups to dvd-r discs and play them right off the system.

Of course you need to install Free McBoot first, which is pretty simple depending on which model ps2 you have. Just google around for info.

I have heard that usb is worthless to play from as the usb ports on the ps2 are 1.0 and the transfer rate is too slow.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

What I've played and enjoyed on PS2:

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Some Smackdown vs Raw series

Some FIFA and PES series

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Capcom vs SNK series

Some other games I've seen:

Final Fantasy 10, 10-2, 12

Breath of Fire 5

Marvel vs Capcom series

Street Fighter series on PS2

My 2 cents...

What??

No Metal Gear Solid??

Blasphemy!!!!

I have the HD Legacy Collection on PS3. I literally cannot live without my Metal Gear.