Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon Car

Abominable Snowman

I'm quite proud of this account of mine as shortly after posting it on another site, I got an email that a paranormal TV show wanted to use it! The problem was it was an American show and set in America! D'oh! I think they must of missed the part I said I living in Ireland!

Anyways I'll try keep it short.

This happened around 3 years ago. I was sitting in the back of my parents car. They were parked in a carpark of a mountainy foresty lakey area (can't think of a name for it) and had gone on a walk. I had a newspaper, so was busy reading it. Next thing, I noticed a movement out the corner of my eye passing the window to the left. I quickly looked up. The car parked beside ours was violently moving up and down as if something underneath was pushing it in to the air! I was staring at it opened mouthed wondering what was going on. There was no one in the car nor around it. The car was an ordinary 4-door saloon type car with mud around the tires. It couldn't of possibly of been hydraulics could it? It was so unreal. I looked at the tires they were literally bouncing off the ground. This was going on for quite some time.

Sure enough, as soon as I got out my phone to record the sight it stopped. I sat in silence just staring at the car for ages. I finally got out of my parents car and cautiously examined the freaky car. I looked into the interior and it was bare inside. I viewed the tyres, nothing out of the ordinary. For a minute I thought could there be someone in the boot (horrible thought I know). But even if there was, it couldn't make the car fly up into the air? I was shaking, this was how frightened I felt.

I got back in to the car, hoping I was being pranked on live TV, but no sign of anybody within the car park. I prayed the owners of the car would come back and shed some light on to my traumatising experience. But no one came.

I had to get away from that area, so I shakingly ran to find my parents. At first, I didn't want to share what had happened with them, but I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. They laughed at it but no more was said about it (parents eh? :td: ). I just wish I knew what was going on. This has to be the most scariest thing I have encountered. Thank you for taking the time to read.

• Like 1

Ever seen the movie Christine? Just don't get any girlfriends until you dump the car.

Cars are pretty easy to shake, so maybe there really was someone in the boot. Though that would be even more terrifying than just a haunted car.

Ever seen the movie Christine? Just don't get any girlfriends until you dump the car.

Well it wasn't my car and I am straight. :clap:

Cars are pretty easy to shake, so maybe there really was someone in the boot. Though that would be even more terrifying than just a haunted car.

Well it wasn't shaking, it was bouncing off the ground a foot off the ground? All 4 wheels bouncing off the ground!

Well it wasn't my car and I am straight. :clap:

Well it wasn't shaking, it was bouncing off the ground a foot off the ground? All 4 wheels bouncing off the ground!

Oh. Well that is strange.

This didn't happen. Sorry.

You are on a forum that deals heavily with the paranormal. Skepticism is fine, but to flat out call someone a liar when they've reported a paranormal experience in a forum that is designed for just that is something entirely different.

• Like 1

This didn't happen. Sorry.

Really were you there? I agree with your words, 'I may not be the smartest'-you got that right.

You are on a forum that deals heavily with the paranormal. Skepticism is fine, but to flat out call someone a liar when they've reported a paranormal experience in a forum that is designed for just that is something entirely different.

Thank you tedthebug, I think some people join forums just to annoy others and troll. Not to help anyway. I know what I saw however impossible it sounds.

How old were you at the time?

I do know my parents would not have left me in a car on my own in the middle of a car park with no one around. Strange kind of stpry, something does not seem quite right with the whole thing.

How old were you at the time?

I do know my parents would not have left me in a car on my own in the middle of a car park with no one around. Strange kind of stpry, something does not seem quite right with the whole thing.

Unsure what you mean by, 'not quite right'? I was 22. I am quite immature/childish, dependant on my parents for my age. I don't yet have a car even though I can drive. So I think I was old enough to be on my own. :tu:

Edited by Foxhound 87

Do you tend to watch your surroundings in hope of catching a glimpse of something supernatural?

• Like 1

Do you tend to watch your surroundings in hope of catching a glimpse of something supernatural?

No not at all, especially where I was at the time, in the back of the car, I was engrossed in the paper I was reading.

Yea, "seek and ye shall find."

Unsure what you mean by, 'not quite right'? I was 22. I am quite immature/childish, dependant on my parents for my age. I don't yet have a car even though I can drive. So I think I was old enough to be on my own. :tu:

22? Jeeze I thought you were going to say around 10!

This "story" is getting stranger as we go along. Have you ever thought about writing short stories? Oh wait! :whistle:

No not at all, especially where I was at the time, in the back of the car, I was engrossed in the paper I was reading.

If that's the case, then it seems entirely likely, that you misremember what you saw, since your mind was on the paper, or you mistook something you saw out of your pereferal vision.

Freetoroam, I don't appreciate your tone or ridicule. I know what you thought but as I explained to you, I am not your average adult in that I'm still with my folks. I did not join here to post fiction, I need help with what I experienced. Please refrain from posting again if you cannot treat me with the same respect I have given you.

Freetoroam, I don't appreciate your tone or ridicule. I know what you thought but as I explained to you, I am not your average adult in that I'm still with my folks. I did not join here to post fiction, I need help with what I experienced. Please refrain from posting again if you cannot treat me with the same respect I have given you.

With all due respect, I have some problems with your "event"

First, I re-read your post to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

So with that in mind, I think you should know that this site is not a "free-for-all" for weak paranormal claims . Sure, you can post, but you might get hit hard due to such things as lack of other witnesses, photography, etc...

For one to tell a story without a single shred of supporting "suggestive" evidence has been done here many times but is just ridiculous.

It's almost like an "author" is trying to gain validation for an experience they can not validate, but they tell the story anyway.

I dismiss your claim entirely. Nothing you've said supports an actual "experience" of the paranormal in this case, and certainly, by your own admission, have no evidence.

So, is everyone just supposed to believe what you said because YOU said it??

Not me.

If that's the case, then it seems entirely likely, that you misremember what you saw, since your mind was on the paper, or you mistook something you saw out of your pereferal vision.

Sorry for the delay in replying to you SkepticalB, I like how you are at least giving me suggestions on what could of happened, instead of doubting my credibility. I was reading when I saw movement to the left of me BUT I turned to face it and saw the back wheels jumping off the ground, then the front ones, continuously for a minute at least. I mean it felt a long time but as soon as I realised I must take a video of it, it stopped. I waited for it to happen again, I stared at the wheels but nothing.

With all due respect, I have some problems with your "event"

First, I re-read your post to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

So with that in mind, I think you should know that this site is not a "free-for-all" for weak paranormal claims . Sure, you can post, but you might get hit hard due to such things as lack of other witnesses, photography, etc...

For one to tell a story without a single shred of supporting "suggestive" evidence has been done here many times but is just ridiculous.

It's almost like an "author" is trying to gain validation for an experience they can not validate, but they tell the story anyway.

I dismiss your claim entirely. Nothing you've said supports an actual "experience" of the paranormal in this case, and certainly, by your own admission, have no evidence.

So, is everyone just supposed to believe what you said because YOU said it??

Not me.

If you don't believe it, don't bother posting. I asked for advise not for you to judge me. Not everyone has a camera ready as I said, I wasn't looking for anything unusual to happen. I'm sorry it's not your everyday strange occurance..I wonder what exactly would be a normal unexplained mystery to you?

Sorry for the delay in replying to you SkepticalB, I like how you are at least giving me suggestions on what could of happened, instead of doubting my credibility. I was reading when I saw movement to the left of me BUT I turned to face it and saw the back wheels jumping off the ground, then the front ones, continuously for a minute at least. I mean it felt a long time but as soon as I realised I must take a video of it, it stopped. I waited for it to happen again, I stared at the wheels but nothing.

If you don't believe it, don't bother posting. I asked for advise not for you to judge me. Not everyone has a camera ready as I said, I wasn't looking for anything unusual to happen. I'm sorry it's not your everyday strange occurance..I wonder what exactly would be a normal unexplained mystery to you?

I too have a problem with your encounter, you have not said, when and where, the time, what type of car, weather, what your parents were doing. Also you hardly mentioned them either. Every detail counts, you say you were 22 well you should remember that.

Also don't tell people what not to do when it is not your forum or your right here. If you having problems, then talk to a Mod, but don't go saying things like that when you are not entitled to. I thought you would of learned that by now

Aren't you telling me what to do just now? I am on a forum which is specifically for strange occurrences. I got straight to the point I'm not telling you about my day out although you're free to ask i thought you'd of learnt that by now!

• Like 1

This is kind of what i was meaning, you saw movement out of your pereffieral, and upon looking at it, to explain the movement, your mind went along with what it thought it should be seeing.

The fact that it stopped once you broke your concentration on it and looked back, leads toward your mind was following an extreme conclusion to the thing you saw out of the corner of your eye.

It's no uncommon, people do this with angel sightings, aliens, ......giant.....lizard monkeys that eat babies.

And, as always memory is a screwy thing. Your mind can only hold so much information so things get shifted around, and warpped as other things pile in on them.

Lizard monkeys that eat babies huh never heard of that one! But to answer your theory, no I was in no way expecting the stationary muddy car beside me to start violently bouncing off the ground. Thanks though for your suggestion. I know it did happen i will never know why it happened or how but for one i wouldn't go to the bother of creating an account on here to post something i might of saw. It was right next to our car nothing in-between my heart was racing i tried to make sense of it. I thought could there of been a dog in the back trying to get out could it really cause so much force to make the car rock like that or is there a new alarm made for a car to warn off any intruders or am i really being pranked? All these questions in my head.

i was being facetious about the monkey lizard things.

but, i don't doubt you believe this to have happened. I am just suggesting that factors of this story point towards your memory or perception being wrong.

I dont doubt it could have moved, i dont doubt you remember things the way you have told them. my theory is more about you seeing movement and when you looked, your mind trying to rationalize that movement.

you may not consciosuly have though "well, i'll be that car is jumping in place" but subconsciously your mind could have been trying to justify the movement.