Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frederick Valentich disappearance

Big Bad Voodoo

Transcript:

19:06:14 DSJ [Valentich]: Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet. Is there any known traffic below five thousand?

FS [Flight Services; Robey]: Delta Sierra Juliet, no known traffic.

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, I am, seems to be a large aircraft below five thousand.

19:06:44 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, What type of aircraft is it?

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, I cannot affirm, it is four bright, and it seems to me like landing lights.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet.

19:07:31 DSJ: Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet, the aircraft has just passed over me at least a thousand feet above.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, and it is a large aircraft, confirmed?

DSJ: Er-unknown, due to the speed it's travelling, is there any air force aircraft in the vicinity?

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, no known aircraft in the vicinity.

19:08:18 DSJ: Melbourne, it's approaching now from due east towards me.

19:08:41 DSJ: (open microphone for two seconds.)

19:08:48 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, it seems to me that he's playing some sort of game, he's flying over me two, three times at speeds I could not identify.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what is your actual level?

DSJ: My level is four and a half thousand, four five zero zero.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet and you confirm you cannot identify the aircraft?

DSJ: Affirmative.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, stand by.

19:09:27 DSJ: Melbourne, Delta Sierra Juliet, it's not an aircraft it is (open microphone for two seconds).

19:09:42 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, can you describe the - er - aircraft?

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, as it's flying past it's a long shape (open microphone for three seconds) cannot identify more than it has such speed (open microphone for three seconds). It's before me right now Melbourne.

19:10 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger and how large would the - er - object be?

19:10:19 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, Melbourne, it seems like it's chasing me.[27] What I'm doing right now is orbiting and the thing is just orbiting on top of me also. It's got a green light and sort of metallic like, it's all shiny on the outside.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet

19:10:46 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet (open microphone for three seconds) It's just vanished.

19:11:00 DSJ: Melbourne, would you know what kind of aircraft I've got? Is it a military aircraft?

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, Confirm the - er ~ aircraft just vanished.

DSJ: Say again.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, is the aircraft still with you?

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet; it's (open microphone for two seconds) now approaching from the south-west.

19:11:50 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, the engine is rough-idling. I've got it set at twenty three twenty-four and the thing is (coughing).

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what are your intentions?

DSJ: My intentions are - ah - to go to King Island - ah - Melbourne. That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again (open microphone for two seconds). It is hovering and (open microphone for one second) it's not an aircraft.

19:12:28 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet. Melbourne (open microphone for seventeen seconds).

:alien:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_disappearance

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

oh no....

Smell a set up here? One of Zosers facebook mates perhaps?

• Like 1

Dont get it.

Can you rather explained your view on this case.

suggest you actually read the forums threads... debunked recently

• Like 1

Transcript:

19:06:14 DSJ [Valentich]: Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet. Is there any known traffic below five thousand?

FS [Flight Services; Robey]: Delta Sierra Juliet, no known traffic.

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, I am, seems to be a large aircraft below five thousand.

19:06:44 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, What type of aircraft is it?

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, I cannot affirm, it is four bright, and it seems to me like landing lights.

19:07:31 DSJ: Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet, the aircraft has just passed over me at least a thousand feet above.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, and it is a large aircraft, confirmed?

DSJ: Er-unknown, due to the speed it's travelling, is there any air force aircraft in the vicinity?

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, no known aircraft in the vicinity.

19:08:18 DSJ: Melbourne, it's approaching now from due east towards me.

19:08:41 DSJ: (open microphone for two seconds.)

19:08:48 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, it seems to me that he's playing some sort of game, he's flying over me two, three times at speeds I could not identify.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what is your actual level?

DSJ: My level is four and a half thousand, four five zero zero.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet and you confirm you cannot identify the aircraft?

DSJ: Affirmative.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, stand by.

19:09:27 DSJ: Melbourne, Delta Sierra Juliet, it's not an aircraft it is (open microphone for two seconds).

19:09:42 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, can you describe the - er - aircraft?

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, as it's flying past it's a long shape (open microphone for three seconds) cannot identify more than it has such speed (open microphone for three seconds). It's before me right now Melbourne.

19:10 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger and how large would the - er - object be?

19:10:19 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, Melbourne, it seems like it's chasing me.[27] What I'm doing right now is orbiting and the thing is just orbiting on top of me also. It's got a green light and sort of metallic like, it's all shiny on the outside.

19:10:46 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet (open microphone for three seconds) It's just vanished.

19:11:00 DSJ: Melbourne, would you know what kind of aircraft I've got? Is it a military aircraft?

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, Confirm the - er ~ aircraft just vanished.

DSJ: Say again.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, is the aircraft still with you?

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet; it's (open microphone for two seconds) now approaching from the south-west.

19:11:50 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, the engine is rough-idling. I've got it set at twenty three twenty-four and the thing is (coughing).

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what are your intentions?

DSJ: My intentions are - ah - to go to King Island - ah - Melbourne. That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again (open microphone for two seconds). It is hovering and (open microphone for one second) it's not an aircraft.

19:12:28 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet. Melbourne (open microphone for seventeen seconds).

:alien:http://en.wikipedia....h_disappearance

They actually found bits of Valentich's plane washed up on Flinders Island 5 years after the crash. The plane was seen sinking by two patrols and the Father who could not bear to lose his son and had just watched Close Encounters Of The Third Kinds said he refused to believe his son was lost, and wanted to believe Aliens had taken him, and would bring him back just like in the movie with the Bermuda Triangle Pilots, so he made sure some information, like this was withheld, so he could promote his fantasy, which he seemed to think if he believed hard enough, would come true. And the disjointed transcript, which seems to indicate Valentich was disorientated and possibly flying at a bizarre angle, (no doubt leading to the fatal crash) helped this angle along nicely. Newspaper people picked up on the story and milked it, the end. Such it the trauma of a parent losing a child I suppose. No parent should bury their offspring ever, that is what I call unnatural.

Here is the report that states the wreckage find:

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-09-11%2520at%252012.45.07%2520PM.png

And that seals the deal, Valentich crashed into Bass Strait and died in a watery grave. Very common occurrence.

UFOlogists try to pretend the above does not exist, and wave the initial disappearance report - 5 years older than this one - as proof that the plane was never found but it was, 5 years later as dated above. It's rather embarrassing really.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Psyche

Okay but he defenetly saw something. And they didnt find his body. Maybe "they" just abducted Valentich.

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo
  • Like 1

Psyche

Okay but he defenetly saw something. And they didnt find his body.

many many lost bodies at sea are never found. Its full of predators, and its very big

• Like 1

many many lost bodies at sea are never found. Its full of predators, and its very big

Okay lets say that Sharks did eat him what about his report. Im mean you cant ignore what he just saw right before accident.

• Like 1

Okay lets say that Sharks did eat him what about his report. Im mean you cant ignore what he just saw right before accident.

the guy was fascinated about ufo's, he WANTED to see one - and he may just have seen a meteor.... and sauced it up a bit

• Like 1

Psyche

Okay but he defenetly saw something. And they didnt find his body.

Yes, this is correct.

He was flying through one of the most prominent meteor showers in the Souther Hemisphere, The Gemenid's, with 10 to 15 sightings per hour achieved. Heaps of people saw lights in the sky that night, but only a smaller portion knew what it was.

I have a decent telescope and am rather looking forward to seeing the Gemenid's myself this year. It's quite a show, especially to the naked eye, but you need to let your eyes adjust for a good half hour to the darkness.

And if they found his body, I would be more suspicious that the supposed drug smuggling rumours were true. Bass Strait is very deep, fast and extremely treacherous, his body would have been torn apart by scavengers, and tides would easily spread it quickly across hundred of kilometers. They did prove his plane crashed, and if you crash in Bass Strait, unless you are rescued very quickly, it is a death sentence. Very cold too, not far from Antarctica there.

You do not honestly expect them to find a body do you?

Bass_Strait_islands.png

That is a very good point, Great White Sharks are very prominent in this area.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Like Seeder said, he was UFO nut himself, as was his mother and father. Never saw anything, but big time believers, like the fellow I had mistaken you for being in cahoots with (I apologise for the earlier insinuation) His father even withheld information, and I think including the report I posted above, to push the UFO angle, he wanted to live the fantasy.

Then during the most spectacular meteor shower of the year, a UFO nut reports a UFO, not a real surprise.

And he was a really lousy pilot, failed time and again, only to scrape through, and had minimal flying hours. Not to mention rather young. Considering that he flew in the dark, during the meteor shower, and in wild conditions, it would almost be just as amazing if he had not crashed.

As I said, the strange transcript more likely indicates disorientation. Easy to come by at night in the sky, particularly for one not heavily experienced.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

And conversation suddenly cools. :blush:

For a second I thought I discovered aliens.

I apologized for not search thread in forum, my heart start pumping fast when I stumble upon this. I guess it was panic attack.

I apologized for not search thread in forum, my heart start pumping fast when I stumble upon this. I guess it was panic attack.

:lol: Good for you you can accept the facts. Zoser still doesnt and will talk about this case till the day the internet closes :w00t::tu:

• Like 1

:lol: Good for you you can accept the facts. Zoser still doesnt and will talk about this case till the day the internet closes :w00t::tu:

I saw transcript on wiki and I thought -Aliens! :alien::blush:

• Like 1

Psyche and seeder...and others sceptics...

Whats yours most interesting UFO case?

I start to explore UFOs few years back and every case I found it has been debunked. So I assume you are more expirienced then I. Ofcourse, if any case, you find different from others.

This I found interesting if is it true:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=255614

So if you can put me some direction where I have to look more. To save my time. I found UFO theme interesting but obviously Im amateur comparing to you.

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo
  • Like 1

And I apologise for the knee jerk reaction, I was a bit of a jerk there, we only discussed the case very recently, so I was rather suspicious of motive, as even after proving wreckage washed up, the evidence was denied by the forums local troll. I honestly thought he had sent you to start the conversation back up again. My bad.

Thank you for considering the evidence, one cannot ask for more in a balanced conversation.

It gets many people thinking aliens, I admit I did too at one time. The family wanted people to think that, because they too wanted to believe it. Everyone who looks at the case has only tainted information to work with due to the families grief, it is expected that most will get the wrong impression to begin with.

• Like 1

Psyche and seeder...and others sceptics...

Whats yours most interesting UFO case?

I start to explore UFOs few years back and every case I found it has been debunked. So I assume you are more expirienced then I. Ofcourse, if any case, you find different from others.

This I found interesting if is it true:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=255614

So if you can put me some direction where I have to look more. To save my time. I found UFO theme interesting but obviously Im amateur comparing to you.

I actually recently mentioned again that I have never been able to resolve the Portage County case LINK in any way, it rather baffles me, and I am involved in a very interesting discussion on the Maury Island case that I would like to invite you to participate in.

LINK - Maury Island.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

What reaction? ;) No problem.

I know you are annoyed by people who constantly start to push some cases. Im the L. We discussed before. And no hard feelings taken. I appriciate your inputs.

• Like 1

What reaction? ;) No problem.

I know you are annoyed by people who constantly start to push some cases. Im the L. We discussed before. And no hard feelings taken. I appriciate your inputs.

We have, and I remember a really good question thread you had going in Astronomy. Indeed, it's about the data, not the people, as long as the conversation is balanced, one cannot ask for more. Cheers BBV. Pleased I could be of some assistance to your inquiry.

• Like 1