Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where the poor and uninsured live

questionmark

The 26 Republican-dominated states not participating in an expansion of Medicaid are home to a disproportionate share of the nation’s poorest uninsured residents. Eight million will be stranded without insurance.

See graph

Coulda picked a better title...I thought this was a discussion about tents, hovels and our old favorite back when we were roommates, the ghetto. It sure beat living under the bridge...still does, really.

• Like 1

Coulda picked a better title...I thought this was a discussion about tents, hovels and our old favorite back when we were roommates, the ghetto. It sure beat living under the bridge...still does, really.

Question: Where do the unemployed live ???

Where do the underemployed live ???

Do you want a job OR ObamaCare?

The American people want Full Time Jobs........now!

Question: Where do the unemployed live ???

Where do the underemployed live ???

Do you want a job OR ObamaCare?

The American people want Full Time Jobs........now!

Lets see, unemployment

State-Unemployment.jpg

strangely the Rep states have the lead again....

• Like 1

Lets see, unemployment

strangely the Rep states have the lead again....

Oregon, Nevada, California, Michigan, Florida and Ohio are Dem states if I'm not mistaken.

Oregon, Nevada, California, Michigan, Florida and Ohio are Dem states if I'm not mistaken.

Ohio is a swing state. When Ohio's red, Republicans win the White House.

Florida is Republitard errr...Republican, excuse me. The Prescription Drug bill was a nice little handout to the seniors by the Republicans, now almost 22 trillion dollars over its head.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Ewww I feel all slimy and dirty now, talking about political parties. :hmm:

• Like 1

That map just sank his argument! :tu:

The dems have high unemployment in their states.

The dems have high unemployment in their states.

Holy mother of Christ, that is some kind of control you think they, the dems, have over state economies. Maybe there are some Demtard....er emm excuse me....Democrat politicians on the state level who are doing a good job. The states too are self-interested but the states pay their bills, and to me that makes all the difference.

Lets see,

Oregon is the ood thumb.

Ohio's John Kasich is Republican and so is the majority of the State Senate

Michigan's Rick Snider is Republican and so is the majority of the legislative.

When the big unemployment started the guv around Florida was Jeb Bush (1999-2007), the majority in the Florida Senate is Republican, the majority of the House is Republican and Rick Scott (current Guv)is also Republican.

Nevada's Brian Sandoval is Republican, and yes, finally the dems have a majority in the State Legislature. But that since the last elections.

• Like 1

Hmmm, how about where those red states rank in the education rankings?

Regardless of what my husband says I'm not an Encyclopedia...look it up.

So far we only have a correlation. The question remains: Do democrats cause unemployment or does unemployment cause democrats?

Regardless of what my husband says I'm not an Encyclopedia...look it up.

It was a joke..because the red states rank very low.

So far we only have a correlation. The question remains: Do democrats cause unemployment or does unemployment cause democrats?

Neither nor.

Same as employment does not cause Republicans and Republicans do not cause employment. They all just pin the badge on themselves.

Is ObamaCare causing unemployment / underemployment ?

Repeal Medical Device Tax

Drop Kick ObamaCare for 1 year :tu:

Neither nor.

Same as employment does not cause Republicans and Republicans do not cause employment. They all just pin the badge on themselves.

Nobody votes for the business-friendly republicans after they find a job? Nobody votes for the democrats after they lose it?

I've seen a lot of people I was friends with in college turn conservative because they've been working. I think the Pope is right that work is dignifying, perhaps why so many people offer up their job titles when asked "what it is they do".

Nobody votes for the business-friendly republicans after they find a job? Nobody votes for the democrats after they lose it?

I've seen a lot of people I was friends with in college turn conservative because they've been working. I think the Pope is right that work is dignifying, perhaps why so many people offer up their job titles when asked "what it is they do".

The minority actually changes party if the present does not work out, for the majority it always was the "fault of the others", so they keep voting for whomever they did before. A few exceptions apply. (ie. reelection of Ronald Reagan)

Seems to me that the OP link's map shows mainly Rural counties. That, to me, would mean this is a rural issue, so we should shut down some of the urban/metro area poverty and healthcare services and give those resources to these rural areas...... Just to even things out.... I'm sure the urban poor will understand. Having a map of low population areas with high poverty rates and high uninsurance is probably much more important to take care of then the masses of poverty in the urban inner cities.

Actually looking at this map, I'd say that there isn't even a problem with urban poverty.

The minority actually changes party if the present does not work out, for the majority it always was the "fault of the others", so they keep voting for whomever they did before. A few exceptions apply. (ie. reelection of Ronald Reagan)

It's people who blame others; parties is incidental. Two parties is even more incidental. If we have n parties in a contest, we'll get n - 1 blame games.

• Like 1

ObamaCare causes underemployment.

Which dem came up with the number 30?

We have become a nation of part time workers.