Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bikers harass SUV........................

Myles

I sad that non of the bikers died, when he ran them over....b*******!

As a bike rider, and bike lover, I have to say, the fella in the white lid that was giving it the big'un in front of the SUV would have looked a treat smeared down the road....shame the SUV driver didn't put his foot down.

• Like 2

Granted there may be more coming out about this - like what happened BEFORE the tape started rolling.

But taking it on what I can see in the tape and what is being reported, the SUV driver was perfectly within his rights to do what he did in my opinion. His only mistake was turning into the city where he could be stopped in traffic (as he was) instead of continuing on the Westside Highway, right up onto the GW Bridge, and into New Jersey.

3 ton range rover beats 800 pound motorcycle any day.

• Like 3

There must be a helmet law in NY. Usually don't see that many people riding with a helmet around here.

Not sure what exactly started it, as we don't get to see what happened before he runs over the first biker.

Can't say I'd blame him for leaving the scene though....Those people didn't look reasonable.

Edited by supervike

Granted there may be more coming out about this - like what happened BEFORE the tape started rolling.

I read a police forum and I understand that this biker gang makes it a habit to stop traffic on this highway to do stunts, hence the helmet cam. I can totally see being terrified, not knowing why they were trying to stop me. It's generally know among locals who avoid the area.

Here in Oz, it's being reported as "SUV driver runs over motorcyclist".

Glad to see my interpretation of events (****** on a bike) is the consensus here.

• Like 1

Bikers and Truck drivers the most inconsiderate road users you could come across.Hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

• Like 2

i see nothing wrong with truckers, there are some bad apples, but there isn't any truckers gangs terrorizing commuters.

True,but when you have a Truck sat right on top of you flashing his lights until you move out of the way,that is what i mean.

True,but when you have a Truck sat right on top of you flashing his lights until you move out of the way,that is what i mean.

The problem is everyone is out for themselves. Common courtesy never mind following the rules of the road are ignored for those who are all about 'me'. Just because you are born, it doesn't mean your wants and needs are above everyone else's. On the Trans Canada Highway, the truckers will push tou to go faster, even when there aren't any passing lanes and someone in front of you. Bikers will pass in unsafe areas, passing multiple cars, slide in where there isn't room for them making cars brake and this can cause accidents-all because they feel they can do it, not because they should.

• Like 1

in related news:

NEW YORK, Oct. 5 (UPI) -- A New York police officer was riding undercover with a group of bikers when they allegedly dragged a man out of his vehicle and beat him, officials say.

The officer did not step in to stop the assault, and the New York Police Department internal affairs unit has launched an investigation to determine why he did not report his presence at the beating until Wednesday, CNN reported Saturday.

The disclosure came as two more bikers linked to the assault, Reginald Chance and Robert Sims, turned themselves in.

Hmmm?

in related news:

Hmmm?

Yeah, I read that, too. Sounds fishy to me that he waited so long to report it-and that he got himself a lawyer already. Just a crazy situation all around.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned that among the bikers on the Henry Hudson last weekend, were five off-duty NYPD officers.

Sources say at least two detectives witnessed the attack on Alexian Lien and did not directly intervene. And investigators are still working to determine what role, if any, was played by the other three officers.

What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.

And detectives are also investigating reports that several others in the group may have been off-duty New York City correction officers.

protect and serve ???? lmao.

Edited by aztek

Well, from everthing that I saw all the videos, they were the aggressors throughout all the videos. The SUV driver was in his lane,

and the biker looked back and got struck.

I seriously doubt they walked up and asked to trade liscene numbers, insurance information etc..

Based on all the videos, of all the laws they broke, I can say, he did fear for his life and fled.

And instead of getting a tag number and reporting it to Police after he left, they became vigalantes.

And now the attackers get to go to prison, meet big men who workout all the time, with lots and lots of tatoos,

and in essence will become these mens women. And there is nothing, they can do about it. Serves them right.

Edited by Realm

I think another shocking fact about this whole affair, not including the SUV, is the fact that this huge gang of motorcycle riders (some riding non-street legal bikes) can move around a city like that unmolested.

In some of the accompanying videos, you can see them riding on sidewalks, passing illegally, pulling wheelies, etc. Where are the cops then?

• Like 1

I think another shocking fact about this whole affair, not including the SUV, is the fact that this huge gang of motorcycle riders (some riding non-street legal bikes) can move around a city like that unmolested.

In some of the accompanying videos, you can see them riding on sidewalks, passing illegally, pulling wheelies, etc. Where are the cops then?

somewhere where they cant get beat up?

• Like 1

I think what happened here was gang mentality. You know, one or two people usually won't bother you, but three or more, and one of them gets mouthy

or something with you for no reason, other than he's a punk and knows he has the backing of his friends. And this was an entire group chasing this SUV and

blocking him off. Sure, he hit the first guy, because he slowed in front of him, intentionally according to the Police, and from what I saw on the video. And he

didn't seem to be driving eratically as they claim like they obviously were.

The thing about a lot of motorcyclist from what I've seen, are the Harley and Goldwing types drive responsibly. It's the crotch rocket ones, who drive like we

see in the video, who drive like your in the way no matter how fast you are going, weave in and out of traffic, like in the video, and the ones you see in the

newpaper, dead from an accident.

• Like 1

What I wonder about all of this is.

What kind of sadist do you have to be, to own a crotch rocket, and drive slowly?

• Like 1

Funny you don't see stories like this coming out of Florida...