Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extreme Cheapskates

Still Waters

A couple have revealed the frugal bathroom routine that saves them hundreds of dollars each year.

Karissa and Rick Parran from Atlanta, Georgia, who star on season two of TLC's Extreme Cheapskates, airing later this month, take two minute-long showers together, limit the number of toilet flushes, and share all of the same toiletries - from toothbrushes to razors - in a bid to minimize household expenses.

http://www.dailymail...ntal-floss.html

• Like 1

Okay, I sort of balance out my husband because he spends too much and I spend very little...but even I'm not that cheap. :unsure2:

Hope they don't reuse the toilet paper.

While they are going quite a bit overboard, I must respect their willpower.

Sharing items will be crucial for many people in the future. Not toiletries!

I've often thought how crazy it is that everyone has their own home. I have 7 siblings, and we all own our own house. Some live within miles of each other. Imagine the cost savings if you lived together and shared bills. We probably wouldn't need to own 2 or 3 cars each, dinners could be made larger less expensive per serving, only need one lawn mower and stuff like that.

I know there are obstacles and we all would rather live with just our own kids. Just a thought for someone who wants to be a cheapskate.

While they are going quite a bit overboard, I must respect their willpower.

Sharing items will be crucial for many people in the future. Not toiletries!

I've often thought how crazy it is that everyone has their own home. I have 7 siblings, and we all own our own house. Some live within miles of each other. Imagine the cost savings if you lived together and shared bills. We probably wouldn't need to own 2 or 3 cars each, dinners could be made larger less expensive per serving, only need one lawn mower and stuff like that.

I know there are obstacles and we all would rather live with just our own kids. Just a thought for someone who wants to be a cheapskate.

If I lived with most anyone in my family we would spend a fortune on funeral services. They are better taken in very small doses.

• Like 1