Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My dad's doppleganger

Abominable Snowman

To start off my dad is a bit of a joker, he'll try spook me out as a bit of 'craic' and also because I get scared very easily. He would often turn off the lights in a room I'm in or hide behind doors and jump out-almost giving me heart failure.

Well, on this occassion, I definitely did NOT see the funny side. It was late around 10pm. At the top of our stairs (which curve round to the left going down) is my bedroom to the left, the spare room to the right and my parent's room straight on. As usual I left something I needed in my bedroom so ran up there. The lights were off and I saw dad standing at the doorway of the spare room (the door open), with his back to me. I then saw him go in without turning on the light and the end of his jacket had hit off the door when he passed it. I saw the door move slightly-it's a white door easy to see in the dark.

I was thinking to myself, don't bother trying to scare me, there ain't no way I'm going in there. So I said out loud my thoughts, 'What you going in there for?' I turned on the landing light and waited for a response. No answer. Again, I said while laughing, 'Come on now this is not funny, your not funny'. I waited for him to jump out roaring, 'Boo!'...Nothing. I turned on the spare room light, creeped in peering around the corner expecting him to give out for ruining his bit of fun. No one there. It's a small room. I checked round door nothing, under bed nothing, in cupboard nothing.

I was shaking and worried. I heard wood being chopped outside in yard. I yelled 'Daaaad!' while looking out window. He looked up, axe inhand. 'Yes?', he asked. Well, I almost died. I came rushing down spluttering out what just happened. And he stood there grinning. And then laughing. I mean, what was so funny? Shouldn't he of been comforting me? Was he really there? I'll never know.

Edited by Foxhound 87
  • Like 1

<--------------- my bedroom ********* my parents' bedroom ********* the spare room-------------------->

Just giving you a clearer perspective of the layout.

Edited by Foxhound 87
  • Like 1

That is a very interesting story. It is a fascinating phenomenon.

There are a few good examples on another thread.

(including my story of an encounter with myself!)

Hopefully this link will work.....

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=245838&st=0&p=4730046&hl=+doppelgangerentry4730046

• Like 2

Why would your dad be laughing?

Despite that it was quite a scare. I've been told that someone had seen "me" upstairs of a museum when I hadn't gone up there. I know that someone else thought they saw me in another place where I wasn't. Doppelganger? Spirit?

Your story could be looked into. First quiz your dad and tell him not to keep making you jump. It's making you a bit nervous.

Secondly find out if anyone else was in the house and if there might be another way downstairs from that room.

• Like 1

You said that you're easily spooked, could it be that you're a bit paranoid at this point, and that a movinent of shadows could have been mistakenly identified?

• Like 2

That is a very interesting story. It is a fascinating phenomenon.

There are a few good examples on another thread.

(including my story of an encounter with myself!)

Hopefully this link will work.....

http://www.unexplain...r

Thank you very much for the links, good to know its a common occurance.

Why would your dad be laughing?

Despite that it was quite a scare. I've been told that someone had seen "me" upstairs of a museum when I hadn't gone up there. I know that someone else thought they saw me in another place where I wasn't. Doppelganger? Spirit?

Your story could be looked into. First quiz your dad and tell him not to keep making you jump. It's making you a bit nervous.

Secondly find out if anyone else was in the house and if there might be another way downstairs from that room.

Firstly, the bolded statements: He was laughing god knows why. THAT got to me as no there was no one in the upstairs part of the house, my mother was in the living room watching telly(so was I until I raced upstairs). There is also no way out from the spare room unless he shrunk a quarter of his size to fit out the top part of the window + grew stalks as legs to get down! If I told him to stop that will only make him continue even more.

On to your experiences, you in a musuem now that sounds interesting but wouldn't there be many people there. Are you easily noticeable/distinguished in your looks/walk/the way you act/carry yourself? I saw a few people who looked like me the face, hair, build, complexion which gave me a bit of a fright but looking closer, I realised nahh they're not all that! It is creepy to hear it from someone who knows you of course, I guess it depends how far away your friend was to your lookalike?

You said that you're easily spooked, could it be that you're a bit paranoid at this point, and that a movinent of shadows could have been mistakenly identified?

You're right, it could of been but can shadows move doors? And the coat he was wearing caught on the doorknob as it was going past. It felt like there was some substance there.

• Like 1

I have a doppelganger of sorts. We went to high school together and are within a month of the same age, but not related albeit maybe distantly. He got married and settled down as a woodworker and carpenter; I went off and got married later. We both got older and fatter at about the same rate. Whenever I visit the hometown I check him out.

• Like 1

I have a doppelganger of sorts. We went to high school together and are within a month of the same age, but not related albeit maybe distantly. He got married and settled down as a woodworker and carpenter; I went off and got married later. We both got older and fatter at about the same rate. Whenever I visit the hometown I check him out.

That is strange but also quite cool. Has he mentioned your similarities? Haha at "We both got older and fatter at the same rate"!

I have 2 dopplegangers apparantely! Poor girls :no:

Come come now, who wouldn't want to resemble such an immaculate beauty as yourself?! :tu:

• Like 1

I have 2 dopplegangers apparantely! Poor girls :no:

...And I have a doppelganger too and apparently I am the evil one (and the better looking of the two). He's kind of a short fella too, like my very own 'Mini-Me'. In fact, dude has now become a recluse and refuses to let anyone see him. But he exists and it's all true!!

For a clearer perspective...

---------------> :cat: Me!!! ---------------> :devil: "kick@ss" ---------------> :( Doppelganger-------------------->

• Like 1

That is strange but also quite cool. Has he mentioned your similarities? Haha at "We both got older and fatter at the same rate"!

Oh yea we constantly got comments about who our real parents might be and maybe we were secret twins. I don't think so though.
  • Like 1

Come come now, who wouldn't want to resemble such an immaculate beauty as yourself?! :tu:

Well, now you put it like that! lol Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

...And I have a doppelganger too and apparently I am the evil one (and the better looking of the two). He's kind of a short fella too, like my very own 'Mini-Me'. In fact, dude has now become a recluse and refuses to let anyone see him. But he exists and it's all true!!

For a clearer perspective...

---------------> :cat: Me!!! ---------------> :devil: "kick@ss" ---------------> :( Doppelganger-------------------->

Why is your doppleganger sad? He aware he can't trump your awesomeness?

Oh yea we constantly got comments about who our real parents might be and maybe we were secret twins. I don't think so though.

That is really weird! This may be a time to call Jessica Fletcher! Or who else can solve such a mystery?? There should be people you can call about this other than your therapist!

Well, now you put it like that! lol

Yes, and don't you think otherwise!

• Like 1

Why is your doppleganger sad? He aware he can't trump your awesomeness?

Oh, he's sad cuz his eyes are set a tad too far apart and he misses a few of his front teeth. Otherwise, he's a real swell guy !! :yes:

That is really weird! This may be a time to call Jessica Fletcher! Or who else can solve such a mystery?? There should be people you can call about this other than your therapist!

And yeah, Frank's case seems like a mystery, right? Perhaps both he and his doppelganger has like two parts of the same locket or like each has a torn piece of a treasure map or something, and when they match the pieces they realize they are actual twins and reunite. lol.

And then they both ride out into the sunset together....

McGuire-Twins.jpg

• Like 1

Is the one on the right in that pic wearing a thong? :unsure2:

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

Lol. Ask Frank, he would know...

• Like 1

No just the person riding the bike before him :w00t:

• Like 2

my girlfriend has a doppelganger walked up behind her in a local mall grabbed her around the waist whispered what I was gonna do to her that night..........ouch

:cry: after that i wasn't doing much to anyone that night.

• Like 3

No just the person riding the bike before him :w00t:

Okay this thread is getting kinda weird now....lol. (And I suspect I too am but only slightly responsible for this).

Also, so what if a man displays a whale-tail, I say we ought to cheer them on. Go Strings!!

Wolf that ain't no whale tail that's :st his hand waiving for help to get him outta there

• Like 1

You're right, it could of been but can shadows move doors? And the coat he was wearing caught on the doorknob as it was going past. It felt like there was some substance there.

Shadows cannot move door knob, but as a door moves the shadow cast on it would move, so that a draft may have cause the door to move, giving the appearance of a coat moving the door

Now and again, a child would grab my leg, thinking i am their father. My first is reaction is "get it off, get it off, GET IT OFF!"

• Like 1

Now and again, a child would grab my leg, thinking i am their father. My first is reaction is "get it off, get it off, GET IT OFF!"

LOL. Scared you might really be the father?
  • Like 1