Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO captured on home security cam?

seeder

Ok UFO lovers... make of this what you will recently in the UFO news...

Does it light up the trees?

quote:

Published on Oct 3, 2013

Amazing UFO footage that I captured on my home security camera on the night of Oct 2, 2013 around 11pm in the evening in my front yard in Southeast MI, and I'm about 8 miles north of an air national guard base...wondering if they caught this on their radar?

Object appears at:

0:30

0:37 - 0:55 (light from the object refracting from lense on security cam). This would be very hard to simulate using CGI.

0:54 (laser)

3:29

4:40 (laser)

4:53

5:48 - 5:54, the UFO was so bright that it lit up a few trees for a moment before shooting back up into the sky, and in my opinion, impossible to recreate using CGI.

Here's the picture of the treeline during the daytime....

http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=5vhOqY...

The UFO appears to be scanning the ground with a green laser (the laser beam can be seen on the trees too). The laser beam clearly starts small from the object and fans out into a larger cone as it gets closer to the ground. In my opinion, impossible for someone to be on the ground creating an inverted cone back to the object, and then to be able to track and follow the object's every move at the same time.

Fast Forward to 30 secs as nothing to see until then

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDy976YL7uY[/media]

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

My doubts? Why has he ADDED/overlaid an approx time bottom left of vid? Wouldn't the cam offer that on film anyway? OK some you can turn off the time stamp, but why turn off the time stamp on home security vids? if something ever happened like a burglary youd want to know the time/date wouldn't you?

And why would a ufo do the yoyo up and down malarkey? Always conveniently centered on the cam? Im calling fake

typo

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

NIce find seeder :tu:

Credit where credit is due. Well done.

I disagree with you though. Not so easy to call that fake.

Edited by zoser

My doubts? Why has he ADDED/overlaid an approx time bottom left of vid? Wouldn't the cam offer that on film anyway? OK some you can turn off the time stamp, but why turn off the time stamp on home security vids? if something ever happened like a burglary youd want to know the time/date wouldn't you?

And why would a ufo do the yoyo up and down malarkey? Always conveniently centered on the cam? Im calling fake

typo

Just a thought; why not email the uploader with your time/date query. It's not a deal breaker but you might get a simple answer.

Difficult to achieve the complete effect without a lot of work. No one one youtube has any answer yet and there is a noticeable absence of skeptic comments.

NIce find seeder :tu:

Credit where credit is due. Well done.

I disagree with you though. Not so easy to call that fake.

No of course not, in your opinion that is. Everything you see you on youtube, you take for granted its a real UFO. And thats the difference between you and 'normal' people :lol: Ive posted it here as its something new amongst all the tired old threads going nowhere, I havent posted it coz I believe its authenticity

rational people ask questions, now, PROVE TO ME ITS REAL. .... Im expecting some frame by frame expert image analysis from you. I know you enjoy doing that to your high precision standards, so knock yourself out, prove its NOT a fake?

• Like 3

you two guys oughtta get a room already! :devil::lol: may i throw in the good old "laser pointer/LED on the window from the inside" - theory?

• Like 1

you two guys oughtta get a room already! :devil::lol: may i throw in the good old "laser pointer/LED on the window from the inside" - theory?

Why be that simple? Why not go the whole 9 yards and suggest that someone spent a painstaking 10 hours employing their CGI skills?

Why not suggest camera malfunction? Or any of the other dozen possibilities?

Difficult to see how a laser pen would have left illumination effects specifically on those trees.

I notice that you leave out one other option:

It's real.

• Like 1

No of course not, in your opinion that is. Everything you see you on youtube, you take for granted its a real UFO. And thats the difference between you and 'normal' people :lol: Ive posted it here as its something new amongst all the tired old threads going nowhere, I havent posted it coz I believe its authenticity

rational people ask questions, now, PROVE TO ME ITS REAL. .... Im expecting some frame by frame expert image analysis from you. I know you enjoy doing that to your high precision standards, so knock yourself out, prove its NOT a fake?

I sense that users are getting fed up with the hostility seeder.

For that reason, I will not reply to your posts for the foreseeable future and I will see if the hostility dies down.

I will not put you on ignore because I want to see the whole continuity of the threads.

Why be that simple? Why not go the whole 9 yards and suggest that someone spent a painstaking 10 hours employing their CGI skills?

Why not suggest camera malfunction? Or any of the other dozen possibilities?

Difficult to see how a laser pen would have left illumination effects specifically on those trees.

I notice that you leave out one other option:

It's real.

It is real alright. A real video with a light moving about and supposedly 'scanning' the ground. As to what it actually is, completely impossible to say one way or the other. It is just like any other blurry photograph. There simply is not enough information contained in that video to draw a conclusion.

The Uploader explains why they were pointing the camera so high:

jcattera 12 hours ago

Hello, and thanks for watching, yes, a very good question, but I've already address this question several times. It's in the "show more".

"Someone asked why I had my home security camera pointed up into the sky before the incident. Btw, great question! Since there's been a lot ton of fireballs reported all over the world in the last 3 weeks, I thought I might be able to catch one on video, but I never expected to capture this!

...............................Also, someone asked why I had my home security camera pointed up into the sky before the incident. Btw, great question! Since there's been a lot ton of fireballs reported all over the world in the last 3 weeks, I thought I might be able to catch one on video, but I never expected to capture this!

The security camera only runs at 15 frame per second. Sorry, I wish I had a faster camera. I'm hoping this thing comes back for another visit soon because it seems friendly too me. Maybe, It'll drop off a superhero flying suit next time! Like on the 80's TV Series, "The Greatest American Hero". :)

Edited by zoser

It is real alright. A real video with a light moving about and supposedly 'scanning' the ground. As to what it actually is, completely impossible to say one way or the other. It is just like any other blurry photograph. There simply is not enough information contained in that video to draw a conclusion.

Your are absolutely correct when you say we do not know what it is. The point is no one has hatched a credible hoax theory yet.

Which may suggest....................and wait for it:

It's a UFO.

laser reflections thru glass.

NOTE: how it also shows what could be said to be a light shining down from the object

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0jos-3bTrE[/media]

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

I think the laser pen is debunkable from at least 4 perspectives:

1) Rapid colour changes that the object makes.

2) Changes in shape that the object makes.

3) Illumination effect on the trees that follows the object if you look carefully.

4) Lack of pinpoint illumination from the source (see below).

Edit to add: You can see the effect of item (4) in seeders video in post 13.

airport_full.jpg

Edited by zoser

I think the laser pen is debunkable from at least 4 perspectives:

1) Rapid colour changes that the object makes.

2) Changes in shape that the object makes.

3) Illumination effect on the trees that follows the object if you look carefully.

4) Lack of pinpoint illumination from the source (see below).

Edit to add: You can see the effect of item (4) in seeders video in post 13.

airport_full.jpg

you're right about the color change in the OP's video. The "shapeshifting" could happen due to the angle you hold your light source in, and the night the original vid was recorded looks pretty damp and foggy. That could explain the illumination effect on the trees possibly. ...Just threw this in as a possibility anyway, not as the only possible explanation. But take a look at that green laser pic you posted. the light source is seen in the back, projecting on the runway, under the nose of the plane. you'd have to change perspective to get the effect. stand behind the light source and then look towards the aircraft. then you maybe might not see that green trace, especially when the laser/light goes through a piece of glass before.

• Like 1

you're right about the color change in the OP's video. The "shapeshifting" could happen due to the angle you hold your light source in, and the night the original vid was recorded looks pretty damp and foggy. That could explain the illumination effect on the trees possibly. ...Just threw this in as a possibility anyway, not as the only possible explanation. But take a look at that green laser pic you posted. the light source is seen in the back, projecting on the runway, under the nose of the plane. you'd have to change perspective to get the effect. stand behind the light source and then look towards the aircraft. then you maybe might not see that green trace, especially when the laser/light goes through a piece of glass before.

You could be right there. However I am not sure if you would see the distorted effect on glass though.

Plus in seeders video, the wall is the screen. What are you saying is acting as the screen in the OP?

Too much against the light pen theory imho.

I think if any one was pushing for a hoax theory they would have to sell the CGI.

Edited by zoser

you're right about the color change in the OP's video.

well now think about this, as he has made/edited an apparent security cam video with frame pauses, AND gone to the bother of adding mysterious music.... and bothered to also overlay his home made time stamp...then...why cant he also have gone to the trouble of adding a simple color filter/digital effect... to show apparent color changes?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Check out 4:42.

The trees illuminate without the main object in view. Very faint traces of laser pin pointing from where the object is about to appear. Poor quality makes it difficult to be sure.

Suggests to me that something really was outside and high up.

Looks like a helicopter with a searchlight.

No it's obviously a predator drone that's lost it's way.

The resemblance is very clear:

Can't you tell? I can easily see why you made the error.

uav-predator.jpg

Edited by zoser

well now think about this, as he has made/edited an apparent security cam video with frame pauses, AND gone to the bother of adding mysterious music.... and bothered to also overlay his home made time stamp...then...why cant he also have gone to the trouble of adding a simple color filter/digital effect... to show apparent color changes?

i don't know much about cgi, but i guess it would be a fiddly work, because the background (the trees and stuff) keeps its colour

What are you saying is acting as the screen in the OP?

the screen is the window the guy is filming through. a setup like this: dude with laser pointer in one, piece of glass in the other hand, video camera, window...

i don't know much about cgi, but i guess it would be a fiddly work, because the background (the trees and stuff) keeps its colour

the screen is the window the guy is filming through. a setup like this: dude with laser pointer in one, piece of glass in the other hand, video camera, window...

The dude indicates that the camera is outside.

This recording is from one of my multiple security cameras that is currently installed on the front of my house. This particular camera is pointing south towards the road (my house is set back about 300ft from the road).

Also What about 4:42. How would that work?

The dude indicates that the camera is outside.

yes and people can say whatever they want, you know, to set the scene and all that jazz..... regardless of the actual truth. Why remove the time stamp and add his own?

Edited by seeder

i was just very lucky and could record 2 red glowing orbs in my front yard!!!! ....'course not, but i made a quick vid with what i found at home, just to show how easy you can make an illusion of an object outside with a light source reflecting from a window.

I know, it's cra**y, and nothing like the OP, but it demonstrates what i meant earlier:

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

I have to admit, whenever people add "mood" music, my suspicions are raised. In addition, I line in southeast michigan and I have not seen or heard of any reports in the media of similar UFOs. You would think someone else would have seen this while driving. I'm speculating that the air force base the guy is talking about is Selfridge AFB. Did he ever check with them? I'm guessing not. I'm leaning toward this being a hoax.

• Like 1